For those who have it on there blackberry passport, is it a one time payment of 129.99 for it?

Also how many repairs do they do until they don't let you repair anymore for free?

I can't find a number to contact to be able to talk to anyone on the phone about it so this is my only hope haha. Just bought the silver edition a few days ago, loving it but want to know if the warranty is worth it in the long run. Thanks guys.

Posted via Passport SE
    08-15-15 06:51 PM
    129.99 is your deductible for a claim. 129.99 per claim. 4.95 per month.

Via BlackBerry Passport
    08-15-15 07:09 PM
    Or if you are Canadian: Convenient monthly plans can protect your device for up to two years and are offered as follows:

$4.75 Cdn per month for BlackBerry Classic smartphones
    $5.25 Cdn per month for BlackBerry Passport smartphones
    $4.25 Cdn per month for BlackBerry Leap smartphones
    The deductibles2 are affordable too:

$99 for BlackBerry Classic
    $129 for BlackBerry Passport
    $49 for BlackBerry Leap

Z30 on OS 10.3.2.2339 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    08-15-15 07:44 PM
    That's what I was wondering, how does it work haha. Is that worth the price tag?

I ask because my a key kind of feels weird sometimes compared to my other keys.

Posted via Passport SE
    08-15-15 07:56 PM
    Well I for one will be getting the protection when I get the passport. My daughter dropped her iPhone 5c with case, glass smashed. We were paying protection through Rogers. $9.99 per month. Expensive. Then I thought let's claim. $200 later they sent another phone. That's crap! With blackberry protection half the price and half the deductible, definitely will go for it as accidents happen.

08-15-15 08:14 PM
    Do they cover the cost of the complete issue though? Let's say a screen smash or the phone drops and doesn't work anymore etc?

Also, anybody know if they cover shipping costs too?

I want to invest in it as I plan to keep this phone for atleast 2 if not longer years

Posted via Passport SE
    08-15-15 08:26 PM
    This is all I can find: 1 For additional details on the Limited Warranty, visit http://blackberry.com/warranty.
    2 Each approved claim is subject to a deductible.
    3 Subject to shipping cutoff times and Terms and Conditions.
    4 The number of claims available under BlackBerry Care depends on the options chosen and the timing of the claims.

08-15-15 10:43 PM
    BUILT WITH YOUR BUSINESS LIFESTYLE IN MIND

You use your smartphone to stay connected to people that matter. It�s an essential tool to help you stay informed and able to jump at opportunities when they arise. If a handling accident happens, such as a drop, liquid spill, and/or cracked screen, you�ll need to get reconnected as quickly as possible.

That�s why BlackBerry� has partnered with Warrantech to administer the BlackBerry� Care Protection Plan.

Initiate a Claim

THE BLACKBERRY CARE PROTECTION PLAN PROVIDES:
    1. Protection for covered mechanical and electrical breakdowns with coverage beginning after BlackBerry�s one-year limited warranty expires1.

2. Accidental damage from handling (ADH) and Power Surge protection starts day one. ADH includes coverage for device damage resulting from dropping
    the smartphone, liquid spills, or in association with screen breakage.

AVAILABILITY AND PRICING

The BlackBerry Care Protection Plan is available to all BlackBerry� Passport�, BlackBerry� Classic� and BlackBerry� Leap� smartphone customers in the US and Canada. It is available to purchase within 30 days of your BlackBerry smartphone purchase.

08-15-15 10:43 PM
    I'm going to assume it's similar to other phones and you get 2 completely free claims, then they start charging at a much better price then if you never had the warranty at all

Posted via Passport SE
    08-16-15 01:05 AM