First time Blackberry user and I must say, I love the Passport.

However, my experience with the phone hasn't been all great and actually, I have encountered a lot of problems that I didn't expect:

1) The phone gets really warm around the volume buttons, even without really using any apps. I have had the phone for a couple of days, so I don't really have apps or anything causing the heat.

2) While charging, the phone gets warm at the volume area too. The charger itself is also getting warm. I later used the charger to charge my other phone without any heat.

3) The keyboard is great, but sometimes the edge/corner of a key touches the one next to it, making an extra "click" sound.

4) I can see light from the edges of the keyboard, right after the metal frame. This obviously happens when the back light is on.

5) I can push down on the left end of top metal line between the screen and keyboard. This line is slightly raised, compared to the other side.

6) On the left side of the screen, the gap between the screen and frame if bigger than on the right side.

7) The battery life isn't nearly close to one full day. If I don't use the phone for a while, the device monitor says up to 3 days, but as soon as I use the phone the slightest, it drops to a couple of hours.

Are these issues common? Will they develop into something more serious?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with just one of these issues. I wanna keep using the phone, I just don't believe this is what a Blackberry should feel like.

Thank you.
    09-25-15 09:41 PM
    Did you purchase brand new? Used? Where did you buy it?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 09:43 PM
    It is a brand new phone. I live in Denmark, I bought it from one of the few webshops that actually sells the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:47 PM
    I think this is just normal especially if we browsing and downloading for too long. What I do is close all running apps and have it rest for like 3 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:42 PM
    First time Blackberry user and I must say, I love the Passport.

However, my experience with the phone hasn't been all great and actually, I have encountered a lot of problems that I didn't expect:

1) The phone gets really warm around the volume buttons, even without really using any apps. I have had the phone for a couple of days, so I don't really have apps or anything causing the heat.

2) While charging, the phone gets warm at the volume area too. The charger itself is also getting warm. I later used the charger to charge my other phone without any heat.

3) The keyboard is great, but sometimes the edge/corner of a key touches the one next to it, making an extra "click" sound.

4) I can see light from the edges of the keyboard, right after the metal frame. This obviously happens when the back light is on.

5) I can push down on the left end of top metal line between the screen and keyboard. This line is slightly raised, compared to the other side.

6) On the left side of the screen, the gap between the screen and frame if bigger than on the right side.

7) The battery life isn't nearly close to one full day. If I don't use the phone for a while, the device monitor says up to 3 days, but as soon as I use the phone the slightest, it drops to a couple of hours.

Are these issues common? Will they develop into something more serious?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with just one of these issues. I wanna keep using the phone, I just don't believe this is what a Blackberry should feel like.

Thank you.
    1) through 6) are known issues so I think you may apply for an exchange. I have had my Passport SE exchanged twice for screen lift and loose back cover and even my current phone still suffer from these issues and I must live with it.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    09-25-15 11:02 PM
    Brand new phones will definitely take some time to adjust. They will need a few days after you set them up to properly index themselves and download all your emails and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 11:55 PM
    Sounds like you got a lemon. I've had my Passport for months and not a single problem to report. I find the build quality to be excellent just like my previous z10 & z30.

Posted via the amazing Passport
    09-26-15 12:15 AM
    Brand new phones will definitely take some time to adjust. They will need a few days after you set them up to properly index themselves and download all your emails and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    This adjusting time is a myth. The phone will synch within the initial minutes after setting up the accounts and that should be it. If you havent installed any android app then the warming and battery drain is likely to indicate a defect or a software issue. Have you update it? Wipe the phone, setting security wipe (you will lose everything) and start again. Reload the software via bb link. If that doesnt fix it, return it.
    09-26-15 12:21 AM
    It's a software issue I say hang in there with this device and trouble shoot it. I know it's new and you shouldn't have to but give it a try and reinstall the OS using BlackBerry Link. If you had any previous saves scrap it don't use it. The heating by the volume happens from time to time and doesn't last long.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 01:44 AM
    No, it sounds like a faulty device. Have it replaced if you could.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 on Telkomsel Network
    09-26-15 01:50 AM
    Thanks for all the answers.

I noticed these issues within the first couple of minutes, so I did a security wipe as the first thing. That didn't fix anything.

Exchanging the device will take weeks, since they will have to import it from somewhere.

I can feel a bit of heat in the upper right corner while writing this post. It is there, but not as warm as the first couple of days. Might have something to do with the reduced CPU performance as I am at 6% battery?

I read somewhere that the battery drain might have something to do with the Amazon app. Is have now disabled the "Run while minimized" option, although I don't think it will make a difference.

My device monitor shows the top as (since last charge for battery):
    1) Display 26% (my brightness is on the absolute minimum)
    2) System 16%
    3) Standby 11%
    4) PIM services 9.4%

For CPU:
    1) System 14%

Is this normal?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 04:29 AM
    No, it's not normal. Amazon shouldn't be a problem like that. Looks like a bad battery to me. That's the flip side of of having an non-removable battery device. But it can be replaced, either do it yourself or through a service center.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-26-15 09:20 AM
    Well, the Amazon app doesn't seem to have a say on the battery life. In fact, it is currently on 0.06% of the battery life.

I will give it a few days, things might improve. I just hope it won't develop into something more serious.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 10:09 AM
    The Passport is an amazing phone. No problems here so far.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 10:09 AM
    Buddy it's normal. infact I had same worries like you when I first got my passport SE.

Let the battery settle down for awhile and turn off unnecessary background. When I first got the phone, I was amaze and stuck on the beauty of it by playing it whole day on the screen.

Cool down and you will know how it works to get full use of power of blackberry

Posted via  Blackberry Passport (SE) - Singapore
    09-28-15 10:34 AM
    I have all your issues....all of them! Maybe I must sell it and get the Priv.

Mia san mia!
    09-28-15 11:53 AM
    I bought my first Passport on launch day last year and had if for several months without any problem. In fact the SE cause more pain and I had to return the first one.

If you still have the option, try to get an exchange and don't bother with the issues any longer.

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-28-15 12:03 PM
    I say exchange the device because it's faulty. You have a list of issues so surely it is defective. Exchange it before the warranty expires.

Once you have a fully functioning Passport, you will understand why owners rave about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 02:35 PM
    Those of you who has experienced the heat issue from the charger, did it damage your battery in any way or cause any other problems?
    09-29-15 05:18 AM
    Those of you who has experienced the heat issue from the charger, did it damage your battery in any way or cause any other problems?
    I've notified that my phone only gets hot during the initial charge -- perhaps for the first 30min? Then the phone starts to cool off and charges fine.

I think the phone has a built in safety to shut off if it gets too hot.

If you haven't done so, go through you apps and turn off everything unnecessary that has permissions to run in background or run when minimized.

I think your power usage looks normal. My screen usually takes up the most battery (I run at 50% brightness).

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 08:30 AM