Probably be a little cheaper in the US. But still going to have miserable sales numbers at anything near that price IMHO.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-08-14 09:04 PM
    Hopefully not $750USD. That's too high

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    09-08-14 09:31 PM
    Awesome!

Slightly related question for the locals...I've heard many pronunciations, but is Qatar pronounced as Cutter, Kay-ter, Kuh-tar or something else?
    It's pronounced as more like ka-taar

Aftab
    09-08-14 10:05 PM
    Apple doesn't have anything that is spec'd that High. The closest comparison is comparing a Z10 to the 5s.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    maybe you are looking at the wrong spec sheet cuz the Snapdragon is way inferior to the A7 let alone the A8
    09-08-14 10:43 PM
    Man if you guys ran BlackBerry, they go bankrupt. You want to basically sell the passport at either near cost or under the cost of manufacturing.

Yet when Apple/Samsung comes out with a new phone and it's priced as it is, no one ever complains.

Don't buy it if it's not in your price range.

That is all

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, MaxxxBerry23 and gokulesh like this.
    09-08-14 11:53 PM
    Man if you guys ran BlackBerry, they go bankrupt. You want to basically sell the passport at either near cost or under the cost of manufacturing.

Yet when Apple/Samsung comes out with a new phone and it's priced as it is, no one ever complains.

Don't buy it if it's not in your price range.

That is all

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't cost too much to manufacture a phone. Cost them $150 to make one Z10.

750$ for ANY phone is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 12:32 AM
    It doesn't cost too much to manufacture a phone. Cost them $150 to make one Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong actually. It's based on your purchasing amount. The more you buy in bulk, the more you save pretty much . I don't know much and even I know this.

It's why Walmart is cheaper than kroger or wtvr

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-09-14 12:54 AM
    Remember to take this pricing conversion with a grain of salt because import taxes and conversions are usually so inflated.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:02 AM
    Cool, must be starting in Dubai too

Aftab
    It's launched here after all! I'd expect it to be first available in store at Dubai Mall and very soon after that by Etisalat and Sharaf DG
    09-09-14 03:06 AM
    Remember to take this pricing conversion with a grain of salt because import taxes and conversions are usually so inflated.

Posted via CB10
    and that only applies to the us and canada, everyone else in the world is screwed with these prices (for any phone ofc, not just passport)
    chalx likes this.
    09-09-14 03:31 AM
    and that only applies to the us and canada, everyone else in the world is screwed with these prices (for any phone ofc, not just passport)
    Exactly my thoughts. Especially if you're in Brazil, Turkey or central Europe.

Posted via CB10
    You need to factor in R&D and marketing when doing such comparisons.

Also, if you're in the US of course it's not going to cost $750. The price for Qatar will best be applicable to the EMEA region.
    I thought it was a known fact that gadgets and such "lifestyle accessories" are always half the price in the US compared to pretty much any other continent in the world. Just because a well specced iPhone 5S is about $1200 in Europe, that's not the price for the US. Same with cars, a comparably specced Mercedes/Porsche/Bentley is going to be at least a third or half off compared to their prices in Europe.

After all, the market shows that there are many, many buyers who think that $750 or even more for a phone is good value.
    09-09-14 03:44 AM
    I thought they are going to launch a special camel edition gold color for UAE market.
    I just loged in to tell you that comment made me lol'd so hard, even tho I"m from Saudi Arabia.
    09-09-14 04:08 AM
    maybe you are looking at the wrong spec sheet cuz the Snapdragon is way inferior to the A7 let alone the A8

No, I'm looking at the correct specs. The clock rates are similar (the Z10's are higher at 1.5 vs 1.4 GHz). It has an edge in the fact it is 64 bit, but the two devices run well all the same with the processing power they possess.

As for the rest of the device, the Z10 has better screen resolution, NFC, SD Card, HDMI out, removable battery, similar camera specs....etc etc. please tell me how the two devices from a hardware perspective don't lineup?....actually the Z10 pumps it handly now that I'm rereading what I wrote LOL

I'm not here to debate the 5s vs Z10 in a Passport thread, I was simply pointing out there was nothing to compare the pricing on the passport to current apple products. We may find out more today, but as it stands the passport will be a heap cheaper just based on spec alone.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-09-14 06:17 AM
    (Troll on): For marketing, they shouldn't have to add too much in the pricing I assume

Sorry for the interruption...
    chalx and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    09-09-14 07:08 AM
    Q10 is not considered a high end

Posted via CB10
    At the time it was.
    09-09-14 07:17 AM
    Exactly my thoughts. Especially if you're in Brazil, Turkey or central Europe.

Also, if you're in the US of course it's not going to cost $750. The price for Qatar will best be applicable to the EMEA region.
    I thought it was a known fact that gadgets and such "lifestyle accessories" are always half the price in the US compared to pretty much any other continent in the world. Just because a well specced iPhone 5S is about $1200 in Europe, that's not the price for the US. Same with cars, a comparably specced Mercedes/Porsche/Bentley is going to be at least a third or half off compared to their prices in Europe.

After all, the market shows that there are many, many buyers who think that $750 or even more for a phone is good value.
    I do agree. North America especially US have it good when it comes to consumer product pricing. That's the advantage of a strong consumer base country. Sometimes we Canadian also reap the benefit from the US price advantage. The standard of living and the cost of living gaps are the closest by comparison to Asia and EU and the rest of the world.
    09-09-14 07:22 AM
    Wow, what About UAE ?
    09-09-14 07:33 AM
    $750 full price doesn't seem too outrageous for a flagship device like this. Subsidized, would that make it a $399 phone? Doesn't seem so outrageous. Wish I could justify it, but I'll be looking at a used Z30 as the prices come down a bit instead.
    09-09-14 07:36 AM
    $750 full price doesn't seem too outrageous for a flagship device like this. Subsidized, would that make it a $399 phone? Doesn't seem so outrageous. Wish I could justify it, but I'll be looking at a used Z30 as the prices come down a bit instead.
    $750 is high for a phone with a good ecosystem and totally unacceptable for a platform with a terrible one like Blackberry
    chalx and dejanh like this.
    09-09-14 09:53 AM
    Slightly unrelated perhaps but i now see the new iPhone 6 plus with 128 GB will be 999 euro in the Netherlands.!?!?! That's the same as a 13 inch Macbook air.....for a phone.....!!

That scares me a little for the passport....that will surely end up as 750 euro over here......darn!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:10 PM
    Blame your government for these taxes then and not blackberry ;p
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    09-09-14 03:56 PM
    No, I'm looking at the correct specs. The clock rates are similar (the Z10's are higher at 1.5 vs 1.4 GHz). It has an edge in the fact it is 64 bit, but the two devices run well all the same with the processing power they possess.

As for the rest of the device, the Z10 has better screen resolution, NFC, SD Card, HDMI out, removable battery, similar camera specs....etc etc. please tell me how the two devices from a hardware perspective don't lineup?....actually the Z10 pumps it handly now that I'm rereading what I wrote LOL

I'm not here to debate the 5s vs Z10 in a Passport thread, I was simply pointing out there was nothing to compare the pricing on the passport to current apple products. We may find out more today, but as it stands the passport will be a heap cheaper just based on spec alone.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Ugh, different architecture. It's like comparing an ARM chip to an Intel x86. The A series chips from Apple have a much, much higher IPC than any Snapdragon chip.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 05:25 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Awesome!! Great price for this flagship phone!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:04 PM
    $750 is high for a phone with a good ecosystem and totally unacceptable for a platform with a terrible one like Blackberry
    I disagree. Ecosystem isn't what is used to make the phone

09-09-14 11:48 PM
    I disagree. Ecosystem isn't what is used to make the phone

Tell that to the hundreds of millions of current smartphone users, ROFLMFAO.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    09-10-14 01:44 AM
54 123