By mistake, the phone has gone to the type ‘blackberry’ part for further password and unlock. But because the keyboard is broken, I can’t type the letters. How do I unlock my phone? Is there a way to avoid this typing step? Or a way to start the image unlocking thing?
    05-03-19 05:16 AM
    By mistake, the phone has gone to the type ‘blackberry’ part for further password and unlock. But because the keyboard is broken, I can’t type the letters. How do I unlock my phone? Is there a way to avoid this typing step? Or a way to start the image unlocking thing?
    You're stuck.

The only option is to buy and install a new keyboard.
    05-03-19 07:49 AM
    It works with otg cable and a USB keyboard, you could try that before changing the keyboard, witch you need to do anyway...

Posted via CB10
    05-03-19 09:09 AM
    Also, though bit might be a hassle, you can connect to to a PC via BlackBerry Link to transfer data.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-03-19 09:34 AM
    Also, though bit might be a hassle, you can connect to to a PC via BlackBerry Link to transfer data.

I don't think that works with a locked phone... but it's worth a try.

Replacing the keyboard isn't too hard, and should be able to find one on ebay - or a phone for parts.
    05-03-19 09:39 AM
    I don't think that works with a locked phone... but it's worth a try.

Replacing the keyboard isn't too hard, and should be able to find one on ebay - or a phone for parts.
    Sure it does. You have to enter the BBID and PW on the computer, but you don't need to take any action on the device.
    05-03-19 09:41 AM
    ...except connect it via USB.
    05-03-19 09:42 AM
    Sure it does. You have to enter the BBID and PW on the computer, but you don't need to take any action on the device.
    Cool... I just remember my phone being locked (need to enter "BlackBerry") once and LINK didn't allow me to sign in without first unlocking it physically. But it's been years since I used BB10 and LINK on a day to day basis.

If that's the case... does using LINK to unlock, bypass needing to type BlackBerry on the phone - put you back as just your password?
    05-03-19 09:59 AM
    If that's the case... does using LINK to unlock, bypass needing to type BlackBerry on the phone - put you back as just your password?
    No, it doesn't. And you're right about Link not letting you unlock the device if it's asking for "blackberry".

Posted via CB10
    05-03-19 10:24 AM
    No, it doesn't. And you're right about Link not letting you unlock the device if it's asking for "blackberry".

Posted via CB10
    That's what I taught.... doesn't hurt for the OP to give it a try anyway.
    05-03-19 11:58 AM
    That's what I taught.... doesn't hurt for the OP to give it a try anyway.
    Interesting. I've never had that exact problem. My situation was that my Z10 screen had cracked, and I couldn't enter ANYTHING on it. I installed BlackBerry Link, entered the BBID and Password, then the PW for my phone when I connected it to USB. It would not unlock my phone, but I could access all the files and data on my phone to sync and back it up.

But I wasn't at the point where I'd entered my PW incorrectly five times and had to enter "BlackBerry."
    05-03-19 01:45 PM
    Definitely didn't think it would allow you to unlock the phone for use. It is only allowing you to access the data on your phone. I think you should back up everything through Link first and then attempt to change keyboards, or perhaps get a used Passport. I haven't looked, but can't imagine a used one (in good condition) costing that much.
    05-03-19 02:40 PM
    Definitely didn't think it would allow you to unlock the phone for use. It is only allowing you to access the data on your phone. I think you should back up everything through Link first and then attempt to change keyboards, or perhaps get a used Passport. I haven't looked, but can't imagine a used one (in good condition) costing that much.
    That's what I was suggesting. Link won't unlock the phone, but it will help you prevent data loss.

05-03-19 02:50 PM
    OTG adapter (they're cheap!), usb keyboard. That's it. Then bring it to a phone repair shop. Ebay or amazon are your friends (whichever you use) and that's where you get a replacement keyboard from. Toolkits can be bought at most computer shops in person (53-58 bit kits). Worth it.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-08-19 01:07 AM