Apple confirm that iPhone 6 will be released in September...

Some people who doesn't know about BlackBerry, will go for iPhone and also there will be a big competition between them...
    I'm afraid that people will go for iPhone 6 rather than passport

Powered by ? Z10
    07-20-14 12:09 AM
    BlackBerry is targeting a different audience than Apple. And it's not meant to compete with the iPhone. Well...at least here in the US.

And besides, who cares what the competition does. If you're team BlackBerry, be on the team and just let whatever happens happen. I doesn't matter if they release it before, after, or on the same day as the iPhone. Either people will buy BlackBerry or not, that simple.

Posted via CB10
    Mo Cat, Grumblegrumble and step07 like this.
    07-20-14 12:19 AM
    I agree, I don't believe the Passport is targeted for the masses, it'll be targeted for business professionals. Now if it catches on with the general public great, but this device I believe is designed to combat the BYOD to work.
    zlatno likes this.
    07-20-14 12:35 AM
    There won't be any competition. Apple will sell billions of them and BlackBerry will sell millions!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-20-14 12:49 AM
    If they wanted to compete with the iPhone they should have kept updating the z10, that's the iPhone equivalent.
    Apple concentrate on one model and do it well. BlackBerry offer a range with features and quirks to the niche.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 04:01 AM
    As said, there's no comparison in terms of sales. What is a risk for BlackBerry is that they're drowned out by the iPhone hype and cant even gain awareness for that niche market.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 04:03 AM
    Apple confirm that iPhone 6 will be released in September...

Some people who doesn't know about BlackBerry, will go for iPhone and also there will be a big competition between them...
    I'm afraid that people will go for iPhone 6 rather than passport

Powered by ? Z10
    Isheep will go for the iphone all the time as they cant see outside of the box
    07-20-14 06:42 AM
    ^ Yeah, since they are stuck at the Simple life and like the small screen factor.
    07-20-14 02:00 PM
    I do hope that BlackBerry markets the BlackBerry Passport with commercials..

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    07-20-14 02:02 PM
    The Passport focus will be communication over media consumption. With its aspect ratio and overall design it's clear that it is for a specific market buyer, not the mass market in which Apple and Android are dominate players in.

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    07-20-14 03:46 PM
    While it's clear that Blackberry isn't targeting the iPhone 6 market, the new iPhone will probably be the main competition for the Passport simply because it will be launched at about the same time and it will be the the most up-to-date model of the most popular phone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...2014-a-942993/
    Danyal Omar likes this.
    07-20-14 04:03 PM
    Not a fan of I phones at all blackberry feels like a real phone not a toy.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:13 PM
    I know they're not "competing", but giving the Passport a lower price will help (and shouldn't be too difficult considering Apple's pricing tactics). Even if just to neutralize the inevitable tech blog claiming: "... but for the same price, you can get an iPhone 6!"

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    07-20-14 07:26 PM
    I know they're not "competing", but giving the Passport a lower price will help (and shouldn't be too difficult considering Apple's pricing tactics). Even if just to neutralize the inevitable tech blog claiming: "... but for the same price, you can get an iPhone 6!"

Posted via CB10
    Yep BlackBerry has to set the price right. It's always too expensive. That's why customers go for less expensive devices cause its easier On their wallets. Don't even say no cause Iphone and android are popular. I know, that's pretty obvious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-21-14 12:13 AM
    Will ATT carry this?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:37 AM
    It will take some time for BlackBerry to truly compete with Apple because of how popular Apple has become and how blindly people buy their products. I do believe the general public is starting to see Apple release nearly identical products and the hype is starting to fade albeit slowly. I hope the Passport kills it when it comes to its release, I know I will be buying one and showing it to everyone I know a lot of which carry the iphone.

Posted via Q10
    07-21-14 01:01 PM
    I have an iPhone 5S and Q10, and will be upgrading to iPhone 6 and Passport....
    abunk79, WanShark69 and BBRYQ10 like this.
    07-21-14 01:38 PM
    I am sorry but the passport is not aimed at the same market as the iPhone 6. So their marketing and pricing won't be what Apple is.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:11 PM
    I will be anticipating the release of the Passport. I have been using my Q10 since the end of February 2014 when I moved over from my 5s that lasted on 4 months. This phone is a solid business phone and for that reason, I am looking forward to checking out the Passport!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    07-21-14 07:01 PM
    Will ATT carry this?

Posted via CB10
    Probably not unless the Passport can catch fire rather than landing with a thud like Z30.
    07-21-14 10:04 PM
    Have they said if any carriers at all are going to have the Passport?
    07-21-14 10:22 PM
    I have an iPhone 5S and Q10, and will be upgrading to iPhone 6 and Passport....
    iPhone5 and z30 here. Plan on doing the same. Maybe I will hold out for the classic pending how they do the tool belt.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    07-21-14 11:08 PM
    People who like apple will buy iphone always, people who like BlackBerry will consider new blackberry phone as well, so no need to worry about that!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:03 AM
    This ill consider an iphone 6 because i dont see any reason not to give it a look after all these years with bb. Having said that, if the passport cannot compete with how i feel about my z10........i may just buy the iphone amd return it if i dont like it compared to the Z10
    07-22-14 02:51 PM
    I am hoping the passport will be released including an unlocked version. T Mobile and Blackberry are still having a pissing match here in the USA.

T-Mobile doesn't even carry Blackberry devices in their retail stores anymore, so I am tied to using the Blackberry online store.

The bottom line for me is going to be price, Blackberry can no longer afford to charge a premium price for handsets anymore.

They must be priced better then the competition if they expect the passport to sell well and get OS10 out to the masses.

Only time will tell. I am hoping they launch it a little bit early to get the jump on the iPhone 6 release. Now its wait and see.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-22-14 03:54 PM
39 12