I sold my passport over 9 months ago for around $250 and bought another used one a couple months ago for $240. So fairly constant in the 2nd hand market here in HK. The Classic on the other hand is fairly unknown. Many thought it was a Q10 and was only offered $60. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 08:05 AM
    Was absolutely disappointed when the Bloomberg app went EOL.
    I am using that app right now and it works great.... downloaded from BlackBerry world.....

Posted via CB10
    bullnuke7532 likes this.
    02-05-16 10:37 AM
    It's three months old?

Three months ago it was already pretty clear (at least here in the forums) where BlackBerry was going.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 10:47 AM
    It's three months old?

Three months ago it was already pretty clear (at least here in the forums) where BlackBerry was going.

Posted via CB10
    Point?

Posted via CB10 (PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789)
    02-05-16 12:15 PM
    I get 300 euro from BlackBerry trade in for my Passport when the Passport SE came out and I also get a discount of 15% and paid € 192,00 at the end of the sum for the Passport SE. my battery was lesser and had some clicking around the buttons so it was a change to swap it for a new and better one with a good price.

Best deal because when I bought the Z10 i get a trade in price for my Samsung Galaxy S € 110,00. When I bought my Z30 there was no trade in.

We don't sell any BlackBerry at the moment , however we sold one BlackBerry Priv and the department is 24 people and it's going down the hill. BlackBerry must come with BBOS 12 with Android runtime 6 with app permission and show it's not dead and sell some phone that they have and announced just a full touch device.
    The Priv is too expensive but you get your updates quicker than the nexus .
    02-05-16 12:22 PM
    Point?

Logic? Foresight? Due diligence?

*C5303
    02-05-16 12:28 PM
    John Chen is walking on the path shown by Stephen Elop.
    Give wrong signal about existing platform with nothing solid in hand. This bad move is ruining everything. Now rarely anyone talks about BB.
    Instead of nourishing own OS which is far far superior and efficient than Android they are selling something which is not selling in good numbers and there is nothing exceptional in it (Except price tag).
    Concentrating just on premium market with high priced single Android phone is neither winning Android lovers nor existing BB fans.
    Chen is trying to avoid Elop's mistake of thinking they Could have their own OS. The question is whether he is too late to change to android.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:46 PM
    John Chen is walking on the path shown by Stephen Elop.
    Depending on whether you believe in conspiracy theories or not, Elop did his job, getting Microsoft Nokia's hardware division... for cheap. When you look at how much Microsoft has worked on Surface and Surface Book, i.e. hardware, it kinda looks like it was planned.

Give wrong signal about existing platform with nothing solid in hand. This bad move is ruining everything. Now rarely anyone talks about BB.
    "Now"? Did you just arrive on this site?

Instead of nourishing own OS which is far far superior and efficient than Android they are selling something which is not selling in good numbers and there is nothing exceptional in it (Except price tag).
    Concentrating just on premium market with high priced single Android phone is neither winning Android lovers nor existing BB fans.
    They can't survive in the low-end market either. Even high-end Chinese-branded Android devices are cheap these days. At least in the high-end, they could have higher margins with lower sales.
    02-05-16 02:15 PM
    Chen is trying to avoid Elop's mistake of thinking they Could have their own OS. The question is whether he is too late to change to android.
    Elop never thought Nokia should have its own OS'es. He killed off Symbian and MeeGo for Microsoft's Windows Phone. The foolish bet was going with Microsoft and only Microsoft. He could have continued to invest in in-house OS'es (even worked on Android devices) but instead wanted to prop up Nokia's financials with Microsoft "patent licensing" monies.
    02-05-16 02:21 PM
    The checked amazon. It says phone has scratches on back. Is that what it said when u bought it? Can you return amazon warehouse deals?
    The prices reflect the condition. Pay a little more for better condition. There are some, still cheap, without the "scratches on back" note.
    02-05-16 02:28 PM
    And what the heck are you doing in the passport forum?

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    My wife had one before she left BlackBerry. I used it and didn't like it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 05:02 PM
    I paid $200 at AT&T last year so I won't be hurt too much.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 08:30 PM
    I am one week into my SE Passport and it is a tank and would recommend to those who want to focus on communications, work, and ease of use. I did not like being on the Android data mining platform over the last year (post Z-10, post Bold, post Playbook). I do feel that the Passport and BB10 environment is more secure, especially that we can check off permissions for many apps and are still granted the app -unlike PlayStore. Those apps that do not allow me to control permissions could take a hike. To me, apps are a dangerous portal, far beyond marketing stuff - like buying music or a book on Amazon.
    With Passport, I have spent more time working and less time wasting on useless apps - designed to gather mounds of data on all of us. Been to too many cyber-security conferences and be quite alarmed about the wild west that is online.
    02-05-16 10:02 PM
    Depending on whether you believe in conspiracy theories or not, Elop did his job, getting Microsoft Nokia's hardware division... for cheap. When you look at how much Microsoft has worked on Surface and Surface Book, i.e. hardware, it kinda looks like it was planned.

"Now"? Did you just arrive on this site?

As you can see

They can't survive in the low-end market either. Even high-end Chinese-branded Android devices are cheap these days. At least in the high-end, they could have higher margins with lower sales.
    Now the so called cheap device makers of china are bringing high priced devices.
    To get good market share selling low priced handset is a proven strategy. Now they are selling new models at almost or even more than double price.
    On the other hand it is very very though to survive on low volume sell of high margin devices.
    High volume with low margin is proven best business policy.
    02-06-16 12:31 AM
    High volume with low margin is proven best business policy.
    Not entirely true.

Apple is surviving on very high margin and somewhat low sales when it compares to other devices!

Do correct me if I misunderstood you.

02-06-16 04:50 AM
    I was able to pick up a Passport in pristine condition with box, unused earphones and leather folio case 3mths ago for $225CA. The value is definitely gone but the phone is still amazing.

Posted via CB10
    I had three passports . One I gifted to a friend . The price of the device has fallen but the value remains forever.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    02-06-16 05:54 AM
    Bought mines for 400 and sold it after one year for 350 on Craigslist 2 months ago

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 08:03 AM
    I got my very first BlackBerry, a SE Passport, last week (on discount via #BBElite code bought directly from BlackBerry)--and while I like the keyboard *a lot*, and the bigger screen, I'm not loving the BB10 interface; it feels too hard to get things done. I'm a longtime iPhone user and maybe I need to give more time to adjust--but it also feels awkward just holding the phone to talk on it. I'll give it a few more days but I might return it. That said, I think it is a beautiful phone.
    02-06-16 08:43 AM
    Apple is surviving on very high margin and somewhat low sales when it compares to other devices!
    Apple sells more units of each of its devices models than any other manufacturer in the world.

Samsung may sell slightly more smartphones overall, but they also have 3 times as many models on sale at any given time (including dirt-cheap Android 2.0 phones), so per-model they don't sell nearly as many.
    02-06-16 09:07 AM
    If you can't sell your BB10 device, you could always try trading it for a PlayBook.
    02-06-16 09:10 AM
    Apple sells more units of each of its devices models than any other manufacturer in the world.

Samsung may sell slightly more smartphones overall, but they also have 3 times as many models on sale at any given time (including dirt-cheap Android 2.0 phones), so per-model they don't sell nearly as many.
    The sale of Samsung over Apple is far greater than "slightly". Though I see your point in question.. Samsung do have a far more devices on the cheaper side of the scale.

Well, back on point to what I'm saying... the BlackBerry Passport should be able to retain its price had BlackBerry not unofficial declared it's OS (BB10) EOL. And that I'm gutted for. :-(

02-06-16 10:22 AM
    I got my very first BlackBerry, a SE Passport, last week (on discount via #BBElite code bought directly from BlackBerry)--and while I like the keyboard *a lot*, and the bigger screen, I'm not loving the BB10 interface; it feels too hard to get things done. I'm a longtime iPhone user and maybe I need to give more time to adjust--but it also feels awkward just holding the phone to talk on it. I'll give it a few more days but I might return it. That said, I think it is a beautiful phone.
    Give it time. It's just very different. You will like some of the tricks. What do you mean it is too hard to get things done?

I don't notice the size when I talk as I use the speaker or a bluetooth most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 12:07 PM
    If you have not done so already, you should check into assigning keyboard shortcuts for your device. They will help very much for many different functions you have. Nice to be able to hit the W key to phone your wife etc.
    02-06-16 12:14 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Still rockin a day one Passport.... just love the keyboard and works great!!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 01:03 PM
    My wife had one before she left BlackBerry. I used it and didn't like it.

Posted via CB10
    Still, what are you doing here?

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    anon(1852343) and BerrySoul like this.
    02-06-16 01:43 PM
76 1234