I just bought a BlackBerry Passport and I'm more or less freaking out because it doesn't have a necessary function the older generation BlackBerries had and that's auto-sleep and auto-wake on a schedule. I thought this was what bedside mode with alarms would do but unfortunately bedside mode still stays in bedside mode after the alarm.

Does anyone know of an app that does this reliably or maybe a safe & reliable app that allows communications on a schedule?

I've still got time to take this back and get an Android which has this functionality or wait for the Priv when it's with my provider.
    01-04-16 09:59 AM
    It does not need this feature and is not available
    Bedside mode turns everything off anyways in setting when the phone locks it goes into sleep mode anyways and uses no battery in bed side mode

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 10:08 AM
    It does not need this feature and is not available
    It certainly does need this feature and I've seen plenty of other people asking for it in other threads on this forum and in other forums.

My purpose isn't for whatever you think it is but rather to have the phone wake up for phone calls in the morning. I set an alarm, enabled it, but the phone is still in bedside mode after that alarm and I'm missing critically important phone calls.
    01-04-16 10:30 AM
    It certainly does need this feature and I've seen plenty of other people asking for it in other threads on this forum and in other forums.

My purpose isn't for whatever you think it is but rather to have the phone wake up for phone calls in the morning. I set an alarm, enabled it, but the phone is still in bedside mode after that alarm and I'm missing critically important phone calls.
    My Passport DOES indeed wake up when my phone rings in the middle of the night--just go into settings of the Clock app which takes you to Notifications and you can customize from there. Works great for me.
    BlackBerry Passport missing auto-sleep & auto-wake, any way to get this?-img_20160104_113345.png and

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    Attachment 386577
    01-04-16 10:37 AM
    That's the thing, I don't want it to wake me up in the middle of the night which is why I'm looking for auto-on and auto-off.

Thanks for the screenshot though... maybe there's a better way to configure this thing to do what I want... Maybe if I try to articulate what I'm looking for:

• I want my phone to go completely silent at 11:30 PM
    • I want my phone to ring if someone calls after 6 AM
    • I don't want an audible alarm

Basically I'm looking for the same functionality the previous gen BlackBerries had, literally auto-sleep and auto-wake and if I set notifications to call-only before I sleep, the phone won't make a peep until I get a call in the morning.

Is there a finer grained setting to get this?

Edit: I should add that I tried a silent alarm with bedside mode but the phone still stays in bedside mode regardless of the alarm.
    01-04-16 11:46 AM
    That's the thing, I don't want it to wake me up in the middle of the night which is why I'm looking for auto-on and auto-off.

Thanks for the screenshot though... maybe there's a better way to configure this thing to do what I want... Maybe if I try to articulate what I'm looking for:

Basically I'm looking for the same functionality the previous gen BlackBerries had, literally auto-sleep and auto-wake and if I set notifications to call-only before I sleep, the phone won't make a peep until I get a call in the morning.

Edit: I should add that I tried a silent alarm with bedside mode but the phone still stays in bedside mode regardless of the alarm.
    Sorry that I misunderstood your request. I have never needed the functionality that you are describing. I don't know of any way to get your problem solved. I'm not sure if you could use an app launcher (such as LaunchMe) or an app such as Power Tools to configure your clock the way you want. There just may be no way to do this on BB10.
    01-04-16 12:25 PM
    Not sure if this would work, and is a bit of a bodge, but you could create a recurring event from say 11.30pm to 6.30am every day, and change the meeting mode settings in calendar settings to allow meeting mode for events up to 8 hours. That way I think it should be silent until the 'meeting' ends and then revert to normal profile at 6.30am.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 12:36 PM
    Sad... webOS Pre3 had this as did Moto a3100 WinMobile fone before that...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 12:58 PM
    If I remember correctly you had it in webOS only with "ModeSwitcher" patch installed.

But, damn this thing was awesome. You could just trigger everything and anything with it. You could trigger closure, or launch of apps, websites, emails etc. That was an amazing feature, which I miss so had, I can hardly describe it!

And the trick with the calendar appointment was suggested before. It's a very dirty work around as it clutters your calendar.

So please, I do not ask for much in BBOS10 but in 10.4 if it ever comes this is one of the most important features we need!
    01-04-16 02:15 PM
    You can use the Watcher app to set your phone to silent on whatever schedule you choose.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-04-16 02:21 PM
    You can use the Watcher app to set your phone to silent on whatever schedule you choose.
    Thank you very much for this info. I hope this helps the OP. This is a pure example of why CB forums are so valuable to us.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-04-16 04:16 PM
    It's a nice little app. Hasn't been updated in ages but works fine, at least for the features I use: scheduled profile changes and wallpaper rotation.
    01-04-16 07:20 PM
    I use BeeBuzz for this purpose; another option is HUB++

brookie229 likes this.
    01-04-16 07:35 PM
    I have this and it worked on my Z10 but it just didn't work right on my BBPPSE and the lack of support/updates was disappointing

I bought power tools which is great for the wallpaper changes and similar to OP, I have my phone go silent EXCEPT for phone calls between 10-6am as all the notifications Instagram, emails, whatspps with the tones and LED gets annoying especially with how loud this thing gets

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    brookie229 and preethambalaji like this.
    01-04-16 08:04 PM
    Sorry that I misunderstood your request.
    Please don't apologize for my inability to thoroughly relay what's in my mind. I realize now context was important or at least more specificity on my side that my request was very literal - I want the same exact feature the BlackBerry had before! Fortunately it encouraged these responses which may nail the specificity:

I use BeeBuzz for this purpose; another option is HUB++
    Thanks gents, I'll evaluate these three this evening. I feel better paying for apps (or evaluating free apps) that others have personally tried themselves.

I bought power tools which is great for the wallpaper changes and similar to OP, I have my phone go silent EXCEPT for phone calls between 10-6am as all the notifications Instagram, emails, whatspps with the tones and LED gets annoying especially with how loud this thing gets
    Yea, we're on the same page. As an adult I'm on a patterned adult life schedule but occasionally there might be a day off and if I want to sleep in I don't be hassled by all the beep bops and the buzzling whistle pops.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-04-16 08:36 PM
    I bought power tools
    I bought Power Tools last night and it initially seemed to be non-functional as the scheduled settings didn't take effect, even after a reboot, but by this morning the phone had done what I wanted so it seems this was a good choice.

I was pleased with a few unexpected bonus features as well. One major criticism is the app doesn't have a singular 'enable' or 'disable' button to disable components of the software overall, rather you have to granularly disable aspects of a function rather than the function itself. Overall though, seems like a good choice, thanks!
    01-05-16 07:50 AM
    Op, i'm on the Passport SE, from the Z10, from the Bold 9900. The auto-off/on feature of BBOS was superb. Lots of complaints about the loss of it when BB10 was launched. It is such a logical task, every phone should have it. I've gotten by without it, but I still miss it. Heck, I miss a couple features from my old Palm PDAs.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    01-06-16 12:26 AM
    Hi,

Has anyone experience with Profile Manager from Rad Systems. It looks like it pretty much does the automated switch of profiles at predefined points in time.

Would be great, as I'm thinking about getting it.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 07:14 AM
    That's right the auto on and off was wonderfull. I too miss it.
    It would be nice if that thing would come back
    01-16-16 11:10 AM