The mercury or whatever it is, seems like an elegant device. It's just hard to figure out if I'll let go of the passport for the mercury. The real estate/wide angle of the screen is still something no other smartphone has done or will probably not even do. I'm still amazed on how the browsing experience is. It's just like having a smaller laptop or desktop at the palm of your hands...

What do you passport lovers think about the mercury or whatever it's name will be?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 07:04 PM
    I like BB10! If only the runtime was faster and better it would have been enough. With the 6gb of ram in the zenfone AR, a perfect runtime should be feasible if same specs are used. However, I also really don't like the narrowness of the Mercury. After using the passport, the road to a narrower screen is tough!
    Last edited by ryder55; 01-04-17 at 09:55 PM.
    joseanmx, JMDBERRY, dmlis and 2 others like this.
    01-04-17 07:14 PM
    I agree 100%. Holding narrow phones feels like a downgrade no matter how powerful the internals are.

Posted via CB10
    JMDBERRY, dmlis and YesAndNo like this.
    01-04-17 09:32 PM
    I went from Passport to Priv to DTEK60 and I think the width of the DTEK60 is OK, even coming from a Passport. Although the Mercury will be narrower still, I think it will be pretty well balanced with the physical keyboard and moderately sized screen. I'm excited for it and will plan on being an early adopter as long as the specs are OK.
    01-04-17 09:50 PM
    They should've made the front silver top black, or the bottom chin silver to match the color. All black would be best.

Posted from my  Passport
    01-05-17 04:14 AM
    I think it looks great, kinda like the Passport SE. I don't plan on leaving BB10 but at the same time my curiosity of the build quality and feel of the phone will have me running to the nearest store that will hopefully carry it so I can play with it every once in a while. Would have been nice to have released something like that for BB10 eh?

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo, vivipeste2 and joseanmx like this.
    01-05-17 04:45 AM
    I think it looks great, kinda like the Passport SE. I don't plan on leaving BB10 but at the same time my curiosity of the build quality and feel of the phone will have me running to the nearest store that will hopefully carry it so I can play with it every once in a while. Would have been nice to have released something like that for BB10 eh?

Posted via CB10
    Would have been nice yes but the Passport is so good already.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-06-17 07:52 AM
    I wanted a passport but now I see bb10 falling apart and passport doesn't seem like a gpod choice for me but mercury looks a lot like a silver edition passport so next year maybe I will have a choice... nexus 6p or BlackBerry mercury.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 08:07 AM
    I'd try the Mercury-whatever if it has BB10 on board.
    Otherwise... so many other Android devices around. Since 2010 I always keep one of them as a backup to my BB workhorse, which is Passport SE today.
    YesAndNo likes this.
    01-06-17 01:31 PM
    Nothing can replace bb10  BlackBerry Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    01-06-17 06:24 PM
    Nothing can replace bb10  BlackBerry Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    Agree. But sadly BB10 is being replaced, or has been already.

01-06-17 09:12 PM
    I will have them both.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 09:13 PM
    Agree. But sadly BB10 is being replaced, or has been already.

BB 10 hasn't been replaced by anything. Many people still favor and use the OS. I don't know why people on the forums keep saying it's dead or not working.

As long as it's usable for text, email, browsing and phone call it'll probably last as long as BlackBerry OS did. Many people still use BB OS now and BlackBerry has stopped supporting it ages ago.

BlackBerry hasn't stopped supporting BlackBerry 10 yet and even if it does I bet there will be many people in the forums still using it in the future.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    01-06-17 09:54 PM
    I agree. I bought a passport instead of an iPad and haven't regretted it. I read tons of documents and the passport works for me without having to have some huge slab to find a bag for and to protect. I even draw on it and videos are perfectly viewable. Great sound, all goes in a pocket.
    01-07-17 02:16 AM
    I will have them both.

Posted via CB10
    This will be my scenario as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 02:47 AM
    BlackBerry 10 Os does it for me. Mercury android killed it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 05:44 AM
    All good things must come to an end.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 05:51 AM
    My condolences to your family

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 06:16 AM
    The silver top somehow reminds people about a BlackBerry Passport SE, I like it very much.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 06:19 PM
    I just got today my first android driven device of my life: Dtek 50.
    I bought it 'cause I know that I will tempted by Mercury, as I know they will place it high in price. So far, I wanted to try this Dtek first less money and more tradeablility in the event....). Well, I am a passport user (and lover) the downgrade of software productivity is tremendous! Even size is a great minus for this Dtek. Surely Mercury will be bigger than Dtek 50 but still smaller than PP so, considering the software stepback and size/ ratio on Mercury, I will stay with my PP's for a long time.

Or untill the android will became so close to BB10

PS: BBRY management all: I can't say you've been more crazy or more stupid in stepping away from blackberry advertasing and promotion and later killing BB10. Yes, both.
    02-10-17 05:37 PM
    Blackberry should hold the Passport and incorporate to it the Android OE. After owning a Passport for more than 2 years now, I can not see another phone that can catch my attention. I do not understand why Blackberry can not understand what a failure they went not promoting Passport better (or any, because really no promotion at all) and also, why they do not also offer an Android version of it, for those who need to use Whatsapp after the final date. I will be forced to change my phone. Sad.
    02-12-17 10:06 PM
    I just got today my first android driven device of my life: Dtek 50.
    I bought it 'cause I know that I will tempted by Mercury, as I know they will place it high in price. So far, I wanted to try this Dtek first less money and more tradeablility in the event....). Well, I am a passport user (and lover) the downgrade of software productivity is tremendous! Even size is a great minus for this Dtek. Surely Mercury will be bigger than Dtek 50 but still smaller than PP so, considering the software stepback and size/ ratio on Mercury, I will stay with my PP's for a long time.

Or untill the android will became so close to BB10

PS: BBRY management all: I can't say you've been more crazy or more stupid in stepping away from blackberry advertasing and promotion and later killing BB10. Yes, both.
    I've said this in other forums, what would you have them do? They didn't make any money from BB10 and their marketshare is less than 1%. I would much rather them try something new and see it it works rather than keep releasing phones that don't sell and completely go out of business.

They haven't killed BB10. It still a pretty solid OS and perfectly usable despite its known flaws.

If they make some money off of android, who knows what could happen with BB10? Maybe the release some phones using it. One keyboard and one slab every year or every other year.

Before that happens, they need to return to profitability and BB10 wasn't driving them there.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    02-12-17 10:22 PM