My blackberry passport over-heats for no reason, the screen freezes hence i will be forced to restart it and recently most of my pictures get corrupted even few minutes after taking pictures.
    Now i have lost majority of my picture files automatically, these are symptoms of a virus attack...I need advice urgently!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:49 AM
    are you using stock firmware or leaked ? try upgrading or downgrading or security wipe
    08-09-15 02:01 AM
    Send it away under warranty!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-09-15 04:45 AM
    Remove ur SD card if u have one, restart, update us.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:30 AM
    Hardware issue. Get everything you can off. Reset :to factory firmware and send it in if trouble continues.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    08-09-15 08:23 AM
    If you're running a leak,Those things can happen,I stick with Official upgrades and never had a problem,knock on wood.:-)
    08-09-15 08:33 AM
    my passport just developed a problem, i hear a crackling/static noise inside the rear cover, also the camera doesnt work and i get '' the camera is in use by another process'' message..3rdly cant reveice calls,..just hear static and the phone emits a high pitched siren sound when a bbm or whatsapp message comes in....did a security wipe, issue still persists

major problem is that phone isnt detected by pc, get the usb device has malfunctioned message on 1 pc, then nothing on another pc
    08-09-15 02:57 PM
    my passport just developed a problem, i hear a crackling/static noise inside the rear cover, also the camera doesnt work and i get '' the camera is in use by another process'' message..3rdly cant reveice calls,..just hear static and the phone emits a high pitched siren sound when a bbm or whatsapp message comes in....did a security wipe, issue still persists

major problem is that phone isnt detected by pc, get the usb device has malfunctioned message on 1 pc, then nothing on another pc
    Since you've already done a security wipe, a hardreset (holding down volume up, down and power button for at least eight seconds) won't work either. Sounds like you are out of luck and get in contact with your carrier/store to make a warranty claim

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:07 PM
    just hear static and the phone emits a high pitched siren sound when a bbm or whatsapp message comes in....
    Right...
    08-09-15 08:12 PM
    That kind of issue can be both 'software' and 'hardware'. If after reinstalling the official OS and problem persist, send it to BlackBerry service centre or their authorised service center...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 11:38 PM
    the phone is out of waran ty,and the nearest blackberry service center is over 100 miles from my location

2ndly: OK, so the blackberry passport is back to life, the power ic was changed...according to the repairer,
    but the initial problem b4 the complete failure of the fone still persists
    1. camera not functioning...brings camera may be in use by another device error msg
    2. wifi doesnt stay on...turns off and on without connecting
    3. any media cant play, instead emits a high pitched noise, when a bbm/whatsapp msg enters.

a security wipe has been done...didnt work....
    next the software was reloaded...3 different versions...issue still persists

has anybody any idea on what next to do?
    08-17-15 02:40 PM
    the phone is out of waran ty,and the nearest blackberry service center is over 100 miles from my location

2ndly: OK, so the blackberry passport is back to life, the power ic was changed...according to the repairer,
    but the initial problem b4 the complete failure of the fone still persists
    1. camera not functioning...brings camera may be in use by another device error msg
    2. wifi doesnt stay on...turns off and on without connecting
    3. any media cant play, instead emits a high pitched noise, when a bbm/whatsapp msg enters.

a security wipe has been done...didnt work....
    next the software was reloaded...3 different versions...issue still persists

has anybody any idea on what next to do?
    The repairer did an insufficient job. If there were variances in the output from the power IC, those variances could have damaged other components on the motherboard, including the CPU. Comprehensive troubleshooting is required to determine how many components are damaged.

Was this repairer an Authorized BlackBerry Service Center or a third party depot? An authorized service center wouldn't waste time with intensive PCB rework on the device. They would simply just swap the board or the whole device, get you settled up, then deal with the refurbishment afterwards.

TPDs are not bad to deal with, but most times they can only get screens and non-logical parts like keyboards and buttons. Repairs like yours are usually best handled by a factory authorized depot and cash in hand.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    08-18-15 03:48 AM