i cant even tell what the OP picture is about. and I have 20/20 1080p screen.
    10-28-14 12:47 PM
    i cant even tell what the OP picture is about. and I have 20/20 1080p screen.
    Yes, but how are your eyes
    10-28-14 01:05 PM
    Hmm, that;s not good. I tried cleaning mine on one of the 5 Passports I've had and it seemed to be coming off slowly. Others have reported that it was cleaned by using some mild soap. Perhaps you are right. I will eventually check on my daily driver Passport as well.
    I would have liked to put more pressure on it while cleaning but I'm honestly afraid from ruin the backing. I'll just get a hard case for it and deal with it until hopefully someone comes up with a solution of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:09 PM
    It seems to come and go. Can it be moisture inside?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:11 PM
    It seems to come and go. Can it be moisture inside?

Posted via CB10
    It really is a mystery. I can eye ball the heck out of my phone at times and I cannot notice it and other times it's right there sticking out like a sore.

If you just dab your index finger in some water and gently rub around the logo you can see it appearing. Start wiping the water off and the stains shapes up. Because of this, I have every reason to believe that the stain is external rather than being internal.
    10-29-14 01:21 AM
    I had it in my previous passport before I got the proximity sensor issue. My current blackberry passport logo seem just fine. Maybe cause I got a cover just right after I got the new one.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:48 AM
    I can't see anything in the picture, neither can I see anything on my device that I would consider unusual. Good thing my flip case arrives today, better late than never.
    10-29-14 01:45 PM
    I noticed the stain after about an hour of handling my Passport for the first time. It seems to come and go, the other day it was really noticeable and right now I have to hold it in the light at a certain angle to really see it. Aside from just wiping off the back I haven't tried anything to actually get rid of it.

I'm going to say that it is something from the manufacturing process, most likely the adhesive used to hold the logo in place. I'm going to suggest that it might be partly absorbed into the rubbery back material. I'm fairly certain, from my experience and various forum posts, that it is more visible under certain conditions. Possibly, the oils on your hand (or water), heat, or certain lighting conditions will make it stand out. And, mitigating any of these will make it go away or appear less noticeable.

Personally, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I hardly ever notice it and I really doubt anyone else will. And, I'm not going to try cleaning it as I don't want water or any harsh chemicals on my phone where, knowing myself, I might cause more damage.
    asiayeah likes this.
    10-29-14 06:30 PM
    I hope this problem won't be there for white passports. They have a different materials for the back.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:53 PM
    I hope this problem won't be there for white passports. They have a different materials for the back.

Posted via CB10
    Even if it was I don't think it would be noticeable, it is a lighter shade so probably won't be seen on white

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:42 PM
    Yeah everyone seems to have it.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    i dont?
    10-30-14 03:01 AM
    I want one with a black logo

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    10-30-14 03:21 AM
    It's a heat 'stain'. The BlackBerry logo is applied as part of a stamping process, where all the silver 'spots' are applied with the aid of a heated pressure applicator. It's heated to ensure the adhesive that holds the spots in place is activated.

What everyone is seeing isn't excess glue, but a change in the surface texture of the back of the phone due to it being chemically altered under the effects of localised heat 'bleed'.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    asiayeah, dejanh and Vector-SS like this.
    10-30-14 03:37 AM
    I don't have it, after 3 weeks of modest to heavy use

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 03:43 AM
    It's a heat 'stain'. The BlackBerry logo is applied as part of a stamping process, where all the silver 'spots' are applied with the aid of a heated pressure applicator. It's heated to ensure the adhesive that holds the spots in place is activated.

What everyone is seeing isn't excess glue, but a change in the surface texture of the back of the phone due to it being chemically altered under the effects of localised heat 'bleed'.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    That's unfortunate and that explains why nothing I tried removed it and that means it's going to be with me permanently.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 10:39 AM
    That's unfortunate and that explains why nothing I tried removed it and that means it's going to be with me permanently.

Posted via CB10
    should be an issue. the back cover is a finger print magnet anyways. i cant tell the difference between fingerprints and the 'heat stain' and the stain isnt even there all the time, which is weird
    10-30-14 12:36 PM
41 12