Blackberry passport logo starts to appear smear marks after 1-days-20141028_192349.jpg

I noticed this 2 or 3 days after getting my passport. Did a 1 for 1 exchange and made sure the smear mark wasnt there. Even had a protection sticker covering the logo, but after few days usage, the smear mark appeared again!

It is not noticeable unless in daylight. You might not have notice it.....check yours now..anyone has the same issue as mine? I suspect that this is due to the 3M stickers being heated up.
    10-28-14 06:30 AM
    Yeah everyone seems to have it.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    10-28-14 06:42 AM
    in daylight i see it as well, do i like it? no! but what are our options?
    10-28-14 06:54 AM
    Someone mentioned light soap rub works.

Passport... 4+ weeks and loving it more every day.
    10-28-14 06:56 AM
    Sheesh all these issues being reported have me concerned something is going to start happening to mine. Maybe I should sell it now.....probably not. Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:12 AM
    Lol it's a good thing the part of my passport I use and see the most is the front =P

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-28-14 07:20 AM
    Yes everyone have this

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:22 AM
    Any solution?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-28-14 07:29 AM
    Any solution?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Yeah, manufacturer has to change the composite material :P
    10-28-14 07:37 AM
    Yes everyone have this

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't say everyone has this. I've had my passport about 2 weeks now and mines not doing that, of course I've had a hard shell on it since I took it out of the box.
    10-28-14 07:41 AM
    I wouldn't say everyone has this. I've had my passport about 2 weeks now and mines not doing that, of course I've had a hard shell on it since I took it out of the box.
    I realised once you use the passport more intensely that it starts to heat up abit in your hand. The mark appears. You have to see it in broad daylight.

Of course, having said that, I will not sell the passport. The reason y i did a 1 for 1 exchange earlier is because when you pay for something brand new , you would really prefer everything to be perfect from the factory without any defects.

I have purchased and used alot of blackberry phone eg. curve, bold, 9790, 9900, Z10, Q10, Z30 & now the passport... I must say it is best for productivity so far. I am also using a samsung note 3 and iphone actively as I have 3 lines.
    dejanh, GRojasHruska and Elite1 like this.
    10-28-14 08:09 AM
    Nothing here...was an original unit from the release on the 24th September...have been using Hard Shell.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:13 AM
    Same here. That's what cases do. Protect. lol
    10-28-14 08:18 AM
    You have been using the phone, right?
    Just use magic pad, or magic sponge and see if it gets all your smudges out.
    Wear and tear, heat and moisture. Could be anything.
    But enjoy the phone.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    10-28-14 08:23 AM
    SMH. What's this trivia complaints about? It's only a phone. If the phone is working perfectly, just keep moving and enjoy it.
    wasimraza likes this.
    10-28-14 08:25 AM
    I'm wondering if it could be the smudges from your hands maybe reacting with the material on the back of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:06 AM
    Mine had that same effect after a couple of days. I wiped the entire back with one of those nice packaged screen wipes. That got rid of it, and the back material has a different, grippier feel to it. More like the glass fibre back of the Z30. It seems to stay much cleaner now too.
    10-28-14 09:59 AM
    Yup I have a mark as well.

I tried using goo-gone and windex to remove it but nothing. Apparently one guy used Clorox on it and got rid of the mark but I'm certainly not going to attempt that

EDIT:

I just went at my passport with some soap/water mix as suggested above and the mark will not go. As a matter of fact it seems as permanent as can be and absolutely nothing will remove it unless I maybe polish off a layer from the back, something I won't do.

Now do you really want to see your glorious stain? Simply grab a rag, wet it, and wipe the back of your phone and voila, magic!

Attachment 310068
    Attachment 310070

And when dry, it's non existent:

Attachment 310069

After some heavy usage and device back warming up:

Attachment 310082
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 10-28-14 at 11:28 AM.
    10-28-14 10:29 AM
    Hard shell case is almost a must..
    10-28-14 10:50 AM

I noticed this 2 or 3 days after getting my passport. Did a 1 for 1 exchange and made sure the smear mark wasnt there. Even had a protection sticker covering the logo, but after few days usage, the smear mark appeared again!

It is not noticeable unless in daylight. You might not have notice it.....check yours now..anyone has the same issue as mine? I suspect that this is due to the 3M stickers being heated up.
    I didn't notice it until you've mentioned it. Yes, I've the same problem and it seems mine is bigger than yours, too.
    10-28-14 10:58 AM
    I had it as well and it seems to be some sort of adhesive because it wipes away. Mine is barely noticeable now and I have only attempted to "clean" it once.
    10-28-14 11:00 AM
    There has been a separate thread on this subject for a while now - 'Passport Back Cover Spot' - you may want to have a look at that thread - lot of discussions have already taken place and may help some of us who are not aware of those discussions.
    10-28-14 11:39 AM
    I had it as well and it seems to be some sort of adhesive because it wipes away. Mine is barely noticeable now and I have only attempted to "clean" it once.
    It is an adhesive stain and it is generally speaking cleanable.
    10-28-14 11:58 AM
    It is an adhesive stain and it is generally speaking cleanable.
    That's not the case for mine (see previous page) and I'm certain those who've said it cleaned off haven't looked closely enough because it will still be there and it will eventually return.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:07 PM
    That's not the case for mine (see previous page) and I'm certain those who've said it cleaned off haven't looked closely enough because it will still be there and it will eventually return.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, that;s not good. I tried cleaning mine on one of the 5 Passports I've had and it seemed to be coming off slowly. Others have reported that it was cleaned by using some mild soap. Perhaps you are right. I will eventually check on my daily driver Passport as well.
    10-28-14 12:11 PM
41 12