I got both the brown and black leather flip cases and I too was the skeptical of the stick-on back, but after several weeks it's still holding on strong. I think more people needs to try it for a day or so and they'll change their minds about it

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:17 AM
    On another side note, just release the damn leather pocket pouch and holster already and more people will be happy!
    There are a few 3rd party holsters/pouches out there.

I have just ordered one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PPQA8B...UvbUpU11094064

PDair have a pretty good range of pouches and holsters in production.
    11-19-14 11:18 AM
    I was walking by the local Telus store yesterday and figured I would go see if they had some of the BlackBerry Leather flips in.
    They had a few instock, so I asked the rep if I could look at one.
    He took it out and we put my PP into it.
    Now this is my own opinion...
    But wow! What a absolute crappy piece of junk case! I was trying the black one. It honestly felt like a cheap piece of plastic with some kind of cheap knock off leather wrap on it. I get that it was brand new and not broken in, but still completely impractical to type with. And that whole adhesive backing thing, I don't see that being a secure solution at all.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my PP. I am glad I made the switch back to BlackBerry, but this lack of availability of cases is discouraging.

I switched from the Note 3 where there was an abundant supply of choices, so I am a bit spoiled. I used to rock a S View cover on my Note. An amazing case! Not much design and creativity needs to go into a flip case, it just has to work. Something BlackBerry didn't quite understand with this one!

On another side note, just release the damn leather pocket pouch and holster already and more people will be happy! The adhesive holding looks strange but holds well the phone

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    I would prefer also the leather pocket that I was using in my previous BlackBerry, I bought the flip case from BBY and I am happy. I prefer too to type with naked device but i don't find it more impractical in comparison with the flip cases of the competition like Samsung.
    The adhesive looks odd but it holds well the device.
    The leather quality is not the best but is not bad as many people claim.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-19-14 08:46 PM
    "Noreve" it's handmade from France!

Last edited by EdMinghuang; 11-20-14 at 04:09 PM.
    11-20-14 01:42 PM
    If you unclip the sim cover and tilt, you can slide the two cards out no problem

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-20-14 03:53 PM
    There now seems to be a version of the PDair Pouch that has a cut out at the top that may well let you see the flashing LED. It's called the Version 3.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PPQA8B...UvbUpU11097761
    That's pretty ironic. I emailed them 2 or 3 weeks ago and asked them if they would consider altering their pouch so that the notification LED would be visible. Their response was that was the design and that was it.

Looking at Version 3, it looks to me as though the notification LED still wouldn't be visible in this one either.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:32 PM
    I know other out there are having "issues" with the oem flip case but not I! Here are some pics of my case. Closes flat and flush. The trick is to not have the camera directly in the middle of the cut out but just slightly off but not really noticeable.
    BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Case-20141120_171118.jpeg
    BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Case-20141120_170059.jpeg

Posted via BlackBerry Passport 10.3
    NJ1193 and the brother like this.
    11-20-14 07:02 PM
    I know other out there are having "issues" with the oem flip case but not I! Here are some pics of my case. Closes flat and flush. The trick is to not have the camera directly in the middle of the cut out but just slightly off but not really noticeable.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141120_171118.jpeg 
Views:	886 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	315882
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141120_170059.jpeg 
Views:	889 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	315883

Posted via BlackBerry Passport 10.3
    Yup, I just took my flip case off after having it on for almost 2 weeks. If you follow the installation instructions that come with it, it actually tells you to lay the phone flat on its screen inside the case and then close the back on it. This will give you the best close. Although, I've found that if you break in the bend on the front of the case, it helps with getting that flush close that everyone desires.

So far I love the oem flip case. No complaints, it does what I need it to do and the adhesive back is still holding strong after 3 applications. Not sure about others but when I'm not using the flip case, I put the plastic backing that covered the adhesive back on.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 07:36 PM
    Having an adhesive to protect such a premium device is really quite disturbing. Thought it would've similar to that of a note 3

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-20-14 08:26 PM
    So no complaints here but when I accidentally dropped my device in the tetded leather folio passport case (dijon ii) and it both came apart during the drop. The device was ejected out of the case during the drop. So although the case looks beautiful and we'll made and handcrafted, it doesn't really protect the device during drops. However it does fit quite snugly and firmly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-20-14 at 09:37 PM.
    11-20-14 09:01 PM
    I ordered this case this morning so waiting for it to arrive, free shipping not if that means it's coming over by boat or what but I've received 4 emails so far keeping me updated on everything right from the minute I placed the order.

TETDED Premium Leather Case for BlackBerry Passport -- Dijon II (Venus: Espresso Brown/Dark Brown Duo Croc) W/Sleep Mode Function44,50 ?144,50 ?

Looking forward to having a nice folder case for this passport. I'm thinking it will be 2 or 3 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 09:21 PM
    Yup, I just took my flip case off after having it on for almost 2 weeks. If you follow the installation instructions that come with it, it actually tells you to lay the phone flat on its screen inside the case and then close the back on it. This will give you the best close. Although, I've found that if you break in the bend on the front of the case, it helps with getting that flush close that everyone desires.

So far I love the oem flip case. No complaints, it does what I need it to do and the adhesive back is still holding strong after 3 applications. Not sure about others but when I'm not using the flip case, I put the plastic backing that covered the adhesive back on.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry mate, but it's not a good product. If you can't have the camera on the center close properly is already a fault. For the price, the material should be a lot better, it's called "LEATHER" flip case, but it feels very plasticky. I have it, and already orderer a TEDTED one, with real leather, and much better build quality.

People say the sticker is bad, but for me is only only great thing about it. The sticker is VERY strong, and doesn't leave any residue when you take it off.
    11-20-14 09:59 PM
    That's pretty ironic. I emailed them 2 or 3 weeks ago and asked them if they would consider altering their pouch so that the notification LED would be visible. Their response was that was the design and that was it.

Looking at Version 3, it looks to me as though the notification LED still wouldn't be visible in this one either.

Posted via CB10
    Now that is odd, I only came across the Version 3 by accident when checking out PDair on Amazon for prices.

Looked like it had only just been released. Checked it out on their website to make sure that it wasn't just a description error or wrong picture posted on amazon.

I reckon that there will be enough light bleed from the LED into the cut out when the phone is in my inside jacket pocket to see that it is flashing.

Will report back when it arrives, but that may be a few days as it is shipping from Hong Kong to the UK.
    11-21-14 04:02 AM
    I ordered this case this morning so waiting for it to arrive, free shipping not if that means it's coming over by boat or what but I've received 4 emails so far keeping me updated on everything right from the minute I placed the order.

TETDED Premium Leather Case for BlackBerry Passport -- Dijon II (Venus: Espresso Brown/Dark Brown Duo Croc) W/Sleep Mode Function44,50 ?144,50 ?

Looking forward to having a nice folder case for this passport. I'm thinking it will be 2 or 3 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    I got mine approx after about 5 business days and comes from their factory direct in Hong Kong! I love the build quality,workmanship and totally well made.But during a light drop onto a soft floor from a few feet, the device was ejected out of the plastic holster of this flip case. Absolutely no damage was done but be warned it may not protect during severe drops. The case fits quite snuggly and firmly on the Passport tho. My two cents.

Ps the sleepr magnet functions is ace!!!

Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-21-14 05:20 AM
    I got mine approx after about 5 business days and comes from their factory direct in Hong Kong! I love the build quality,workmanship and totally well made.But during a light drop onto a soft floor from a few feet, the device was ejected out of the plastic holster of this flip case. Absolutely no damage was done but be warned it may not protect during severe drops. The case fits quite snuggly and firmly on the Passport tho. My two cents.

Ps the sleepr magnet functions is ace!!!

Okay that's good to know - dropping factor. I'm pretty careful. But time will tell. Only five days is also good to hear, I'm on the southwest coast of Canada so hopefully I'll get it in the middle of next week sometime.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:33 AM
    Okay that's good to know - dropping factor. I'm pretty careful. But time will tell. Only five days is also good to hear, I'm on the southwest coast of Canada so hopefully I'll get it in the middle of next week sometime.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Its worth the wait btw. You'll notice the quality right away starting with the packaging.
    Most small leather goods are made in factories in China and the quality is sometimes not there so when I saw on the waybill that it came direct from the factory in Asia, I was in aaw how high quality the product was. The packaging, the design, the leather quality is amazing and has a scuff coating on it yet ultra smooth and soft.
    11-21-14 09:43 AM
    Its worth the wait btw. You'll notice the quality right away starting with the packaging.
    Most small leather goods are made in factories in China and the quality is sometimes not there so when I saw on the waybill that it came direct from the factory in Asia, I was in aaw how high quality the product was. The packaging, the design, the leather quality is amazing and has a scuff coating on it yet ultra smooth and soft.
    I was surprised to read (from your post) that although ordered from France, it will come from HK! Didn't read far enough on the website I guess. Happy to hear the quality is good though and I'm really looking forward to getting it.
    11-21-14 10:02 AM
    although ordered from France, it will come from HK
    I ordered mine from Amazon UK hoping for a fast delivery, but is it being despatched from Hong Kong too !
    11-21-14 10:13 AM
    Sorry mate, but it's not a good product. If you can't have the camera on the center close properly is already a fault. For the price, the material should be a lot better, it's called "LEATHER" flip case, but it feels very plasticky. I have it, and already orderer a TEDTED one, with real leather, and much better build quality.

People say the sticker is bad, but for me is only only great thing about it. The sticker is VERY strong, and doesn't leave any residue when you take it off.
    No worries mate, we're all entitled to our opinions. I had the camera centered in the opening and the case closed flat with minimal effort. Did you gloss over the part in my post where I stated that if you "break in the bend on the front of the case" it closes flush? Now, if you don't want to take the extra bit of effort to break it in, you can do as suggested and apply the case with the camera off-center and it will close flush every time. Unfortunately, I'm a little OCD and this would bother me. The reason I suggested following the instructions is so that the case can be lined up correctly when applied and not crooked. The first time I put on the case, I did it from the back trying to center the camera and the case was on a slight angle. On my second application, I followed the instructions and it was aligned perfectly and centered even.

"For the price"? Its a $39.99 case, what do you expect, the cow to still be mooing when you open the case? It doesn't feel "plasticky" at all to me, or anyone that I have shown the case to. You do know that leather has different textures, right?

Again, every one is entitled to their own opinion.
    11-21-14 10:38 AM

Yes in comparison the oem leather flip case does seem like a cheap made in China budget product but the TETDED cases placed side by side is much better and better quality.

11-21-14 11:19 AM
    No worries mate, we're all entitled to our opinions. I had the camera centered in the opening and the case closed flat with minimal effort. Did you gloss over the part in my post where I stated that if you "break in the bend on the front of the case" it closes flush? Now, if you don't want to take the extra bit of effort to break it in, you can do as suggested and apply the case with the camera off-center and it will close flush every time. Unfortunately, I'm a little OCD and this would bother me. The reason I suggested following the instructions is so that the case can be lined up correctly when applied and not crooked. The first time I put on the case, I did it from the back trying to center the camera and the case was on a slight angle. On my second application, I followed the instructions and it was aligned perfectly and centered even.

"For the price"? Its a $39.99 case, what do you expect, the cow to still be mooing when you open the case? It doesn't feel "plasticky" at all to me, or anyone that I have shown the case to. You do know that leather has different textures, right?

Again, every one is entitled to their own opinion.
    I have it for over 1 month! do I still have to break in? or do I still have to finish the product? later i'll post a video of it, mine is centered to the millimeter, is flush with the sides of the device, front and back, it's how it's suposed to be fited.

My TEDTED case cost about the same, and feels like leather, not plastic, and it closes properly and feels like a premium product. I had plenty of Blackberries in the past, and had countless of leather OEM products, they all have been pretty good. This one isn't, it's worth 10 dollars, not 40$.
    11-21-14 12:30 PM

I have it for over 1 month! do I still have to break in? or do I still have to finish the product? later i'll post a video of it, mine is centered to the millimeter, is flush with the sides of the device, front and back, it's how it's suposed to be fited.

My TEDTED case cost about the same, and feels like leather, not plastic, and it closes properly and feels like a premium product. I had plenty of Blackberries in the past, and had countless of leather OEM products, they all have been pretty good. This one isn't, it's worth 10 dollars, not 40$.
    Glad I ordered the TetDed case then.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:08 PM
    The brown leather flip case feels a lot more 'cushy' compared to the black version. The brown definitely does not feel cheap to me whereas I can understand if someone says it is for the black version

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:15 PM
    11-25-14 12:24 PM
    I only recommend TETDED and PDAIR as I have cases used together from both companies and the leather quality is awesome!

11-26-14 12:54 AM
200 ... 678