I see that the UK will have it in the next 2 weeks apparently
    10-18-14 05:51 AM
    Hi all, long time follower, but first time posting! Got my passport yesterday and was able to get my hands on an original bb leather flip case via ebay in the uk which arrived today. The sticky adhesive is well designed / planned it does not have any affect on the back of the passport and nor on your hands - you could even peel it off for parts of the day and then put it back on later. Also, the case is magnetic responsive to the phone like on other BBs.
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    10-18-14 07:24 AM
    A pic too!
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Case-img-20141018-00001.jpg  
    10-18-14 07:25 AM
    From which store did you buy the flip cover, please?
    10-18-14 07:35 AM
    It was via ebay - seller is "a2z-solutions-uk" - I can't paste links until I've posted 10 times on crackberry! They had 20 for sale andI've just checked and they have sold out. I ordered wed evening.

I'd recommend it, only downside is that the open part of the case does hook into your left hand/thumb making it difficult to have full access to the left side of the phone - though, as I said you could just pull it out of the case when expecting to have a lot of use.
    10-18-14 07:42 AM
    It was via ebay - seller is "a2z-solutions-uk" - I can't paste links until I've posted 10 times on crackberry! They had 20 for sale andI've just checked and they have sold out. I ordered wed evening.

I'd recommend it, only downside is that the open part of the case does hook into your left hand/thumb making it difficult to have full access to the left side of the phone - though, as I said you could just pull it out of the case when expecting to have a lot of use.
    Can you talk to someone with the cover closed or the cover needs to be flipped open?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:34 AM
    Had not even thought of trying that. Just did now and wow quite impressive - I have the lock phone setting on when the cover is closed and it works really well, yet I just tried it closed (during) having made and received a call and you can talk to someone fine with the cover closed - this of course makes it easier to hold the phone when speaking.
    10-18-14 09:46 AM
    Hi all, long time follower, but first time posting! Got my passport yesterday and was able to get my hands on an original bb leather flip case via ebay in the uk which arrived today. The sticky adhesive is well designed / planned it does not have any affect on the back of the passport and nor on your hands - you could even peel it off for parts of the day and then put it back on later. Also, the case is magnetic responsive to the phone like on other BBs.
    Another question. Is it easy to use the phone with one hand with the front cover bent towards the back? Is there resistance to the bent cover or does it naturally flip back with relative ease?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:26 PM
    To me it feels uncomfortable bent back, you almost have to hold it there with a bit of force, though it might be more like that because it is a new case needing time in that position - so far I find it easier to just pull it off of the case.
    10-19-14 01:29 AM
    Can someone explain to me how an ebay seller (a2z-uk) got twenty of these cases and sold them on ebay while I have ordered this case for a month with clove and crackberry and I have no case? Really?
    10-19-14 09:06 AM
    To me it feels uncomfortable bent back, you almost have to hold it there with a bit of force, though it might be more like that because it is a new case needing time in that position - so far I find it easier to just pull it off of the case.
    I hope it's not like the z30 flip case. I had a problem with mine where you needed to put force just to hold it back and then it wasn't able to stay flat when in the closed position

Edit: found the thread detailing the problematic z30 case
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=892817

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by k__dam; 10-19-14 at 12:31 PM.
    10-19-14 09:12 AM
    I ordered mine yesterday from unlocked mobiles, they are saying stock due tomorrow (20/10) so will see if it turns up on tuesday
    Joshafc likes this.
    10-19-14 10:41 AM
    I'm coming from a 9900, but read parts of the link you posted, annoyingly this case does not stay flat either so I have been placing it face down. I am still impressed with the adhesive design though and have taken it out a couple of times today when I knew I was not moving around (sat at my desk) - it only takes a few seconds to put back in.
    10-19-14 12:46 PM
    I found a seller on ebay who has them and they are selling for �18.99

Genuine BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Shell Case Cover Black - ACC-59524-001 | eBay
    10-20-14 08:27 AM
    Saw cell phone junkys LV case and couldn't resist. Had to do the same. I talked with crackberry shop and my flip case would take until November sometime to ship. Do like the fact i can use as wallet.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 10-20-14 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Pix with personal info removed
    10-20-14 09:18 AM
    Oops. Mod please remove my pics. Didn't realize was on some of my personal info. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:21 AM
    Unfortunately it appears that shipping is to anywhere except USA! Oh, well.
    10-20-14 09:41 AM
    I'm coming from a 9900, but read parts of the link you posted, annoyingly this case does not stay flat either so I have been placing it face down. I am still impressed with the adhesive design though and have taken it out a couple of times today when I knew I was not moving around (sat at my desk) - it only takes a few seconds to put back in.
    Ahh shucks I hope the flip case will eventually break in and can naturally sit flat when closed. I did not have a good experience with the white leather flip case for the z30 though

Thanks for your input

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:48 AM
    I really did wonder why BlackBerry didn't make a hard case/folio type of case like the one designed for the Q10 but a "book" type case. I think that type of asseccory would be popular right out of the gate!.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-20-14 11:01 AM
    Oops. Mod please remove my pics. Didn't realize was on some of my personal info. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Done. FYI, if you need a mod's attention, please use the "Report" button. The first available mod will help.
    10-20-14 11:27 AM
    So I've been using the case since Saturday morning and taking it out a couple of times a day and frustratingly the adhesive is already weakening and it is more just becoming a loose cover around the Passport. Also, the automatic case lock has been temperamental at times requiring me to switch the passport off and on again in order for it to work. I might just have a faulty case. Looking forward to the traditional holster - if they made it the same thickness as this flip case then it would look quite slim and slick still.
    10-22-14 03:58 AM
    So I've been using the case since Saturday morning and taking it out a couple of times a day and frustratingly the adhesive is already weakening and it is more just becoming a loose cover around the Passport. Also, the automatic case lock has been temperamental at times requiring me to switch the passport off and on again in order for it to work. I might just have a faulty case. Looking forward to the traditional holster - if they made it the same thickness as this flip case then it would look quite slim and slick still.
    That's definitely disheartening to hear. Thanks for the update

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:12 PM
    You can close the cover and continue the conversation with the cover closed
    10-27-14 02:20 AM
    Alternative to the official flip cover case from aliexpress

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32224548739.html

BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Case-htb1hhvugfxxxxbvxxxxq6xxfxxx2.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:14 PM
    Alternative to the official flip cover case from aliexpress

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32224548739.html