If it is like the Vaja it will be a pain in the **** to do and after 2000 or so times it will not be sticky enough. But it will be thin enough that you will probably not need to take it off.
    10-01-14 10:44 AM
    I need it.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-01-14 10:56 AM
    Yes, and I'll haunt all of you folk for using my remains in such a headscratching way.

Seriously,though, the Passport should have lifted the back cover design from the Z30.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    Lol how can it when the back cover of the passport doesn't even come off??? Or us that a design flaw in your opinion??

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:09 AM
    If it is like the Vaja it will be a pain in the **** to do and after 2000 or so times it will not be sticky enough. But it will be thin enough that you will probably not need to take it off.
    I agree. I also have the Vaja (love it), I actually bought an extra back for my Q10 so I wouldn't have to keep un-sticking the case when I use the Defender. But I will say that as long as I had to, the sticky portion never gave out. Does the back come off of the Passport, so I would be able to do the same?

Secret squirrelling with my Q. ?C0001FE5D ?
    10-01-14 11:10 AM

So basically this is like a leather folder. I understand BB would like to keep it slim, but I'm not sold on the sticky portion. Don't like the idea of that.

How about getting the BB Hard Shell and placing that on the inside on the sticky portion ?
    Still shows off the aluminum frame.
    That way the device can be removed from time to time with ease. (if you need to)

....but, it may be too thick to close properly.... leather does stretch, but not sure this would work.
    Expensive option if this were to work.

I'm sure some 3rd party will come out with better options and cheaper.
    LoganSix likes this.
    10-01-14 11:26 AM
    Would it really be thin enough to be convenient to use? I'm going to get one for when I need it to be protected (in briefcase/bags etc), but I'm yet to use a leather case that isn't an absolute b***h to use when you're trying to type on your phone a lot. Phones are designed to be easy to hold and leather holders usually make them much less ergonomic.
    10-01-14 12:00 PM
    Would it really be thin enough to be convenient to use? I'm going to get one for when I need it to be protected (in briefcase/bags etc), but I'm yet to use a leather case that isn't an absolute b***h to use when you're trying to type on your phone a lot. Phones are designed to be easy to hold and leather holders usually make them much less ergonomic.
    That's why i want the old style pouches like on the q10. It's tough and when the phone is out its naked. When you're done put it back in.

However due to the size i dont think it's possible although i hope BlackBerry prove me wrong and produce it.

Ended up buying the shell case as really needed something from the BlackBerry uk store.

Will buy the leather one too when it's available as it looks sleek and sexy just hope they release it soon!

Posted via CB10
    homer1475 likes this.
    10-01-14 12:05 PM
    Just ordered the black one, and it'll be delivered on November 14th...45 days away...
    10-01-14 12:10 PM
    Just ordered the black one, and it'll be delivered on November 14th...45 days away...
    From Canada BlackBerry?

Not showing on uk BlackBerry yet

Only third party stores like clove and expansys.
    Will pre order with them and my shell case shall protect me for now when i get it

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:17 PM
    They should also have a navy blue color for this cover.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    ALToronto likes this.
    10-01-14 12:29 PM
    I noticed this in some "leaked" internal pictures a month or two ago and thought it looked absolutely stunning and really finishes off the Passport. I would pre-order one now from the CrackBerry store but I still don't have a ship date for my Passport yet.
    10-01-14 03:11 PM
    From Canada BlackBerry?

Not showing on uk BlackBerry yet

Only third party stores like clove and expansys.
    Will pre order with them and my shell case shall protect me for now when i get it

Posted via CB10
    You can pre-order it from CrackBerry's store BlackBerry Leather Flip Case (Tan) for Passport | BlackBerry Cases

The chances are they'll get it at the same time as Shop Blackberry and will probably be cheaper.
    10-01-14 03:14 PM
    You can pre-order it from CrackBerry's store BlackBerry Leather Flip Case (Tan) for Passport | BlackBerry Cases

The chances are they'll get it at the same time as Shop Blackberry and will probably be cheaper.
    I've seen that, going of the black leather case stock which is 15th nov i believe, the tan i think will be the same.

The uk BlackBerry shop don't even stock the leather case yet only the hard shell which i just purchased today

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:24 PM
    I've seen that, going of the black leather case stock which is 15th nov i believe, the tan i think will be the same.

The uk BlackBerry shop don't even stock the leather case yet only the hard shell which i just purchased today

Posted via CB10
    I think CrackBerry's quoting a ship date of 7th of October for the tan case, and yes, they do ship to the UK.
    10-01-14 03:26 PM
    I think CrackBerry's quoting a ship date of 7th of October for the tan case, and yes, they do ship to the UK.
    It just says taking pre orders. No date on the tan one.
    If that's the case I'd rather buy it from them

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:35 PM
    BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Case-img_20141001_213844.png

That's how much it will cost me to get it to the UK.

Think I'd rather hold on untill uk BlackBerry get it

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:39 PM
    My wife has a Q10, and uses a similar case that, but you press/clip the phone in and it feels very solid.
    Personally, I find them and this one cumbersome because of having to fold the cover back to answer the phone? I use a seido combo Holster for my Z10 and I want something the same or similar......not sure how it's going to look though

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    10-01-14 04:57 PM
    That's how much it will cost me to get it to the UK.

Think I'd rather hold on untill uk BlackBerry get it

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I'm with you on that!
    10-01-14 05:09 PM
    I hope they come out with more kinds of cases. Or atleast 3rd party style ones atleast.

The size of the phone makes it hard to imagine these styles of cases with out seeing them in person.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:13 PM

So basically this is like a leather folder. I understand BB would like to keep it slim, but I'm not sold on the sticky portion. Don't like the idea of that.

How about getting the BB Hard Shell and placing that on the inside on the sticky portion ?
    That way the device can be removed from time to time with ease. (if you need to)

....but, it may be too thick to close properly.... leather does stretch, but not sure this would work.

I was thinking about trying this as well.

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    10-01-14 06:30 PM
    Just a thought. And taken from its namesake...

There should be a fairly decent amount of carry cases out for the passport for about the last 100 years or so, right???

It is the size of a passport.

Passport || Fido
    LoganSix likes this.
    10-01-14 07:35 PM
    Just a thought. And taken from its namesake...

There should be a fairly decent amount of carry cases out for the passport for about the last 100 years or so, right???

It is the size of a passport.

Passport || Fido
    Clever and innovative. But they may not be able to accommodate the thickness.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-01-14 10:15 PM

I think a combo option is what I would want as well. The hard case embedded into a leather cover. Maybe even make room for a credit card or business card or two.

And, if I have to live with just a black or white Passport, maybe some more colors.
    10-02-14 07:58 AM
    You know, maybe they could make a Passport case similar to this Playbook case.
    BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Case-playbookcase.png
    10-02-14 08:03 AM
    This is the message I sent to Vaja Cases

Dean � Oct 2 2014, 09:11 AM
    I am planning on getting a BlackBerry Passport. There is currently a flip leather case available, but it uses a sticky pad to attach the phone. I have heard good things about your leather cases and was wondering if you plan on making one for the Passport. I wonder, because of the size of the Passport, if a design similar to the Playbook case could be made. Also, currently with my Z30, sometimes I just need a little strap for my finger to make it easier for single hand usage, I wonder if there would be a stylish way to include that with a Passport case.

Here is the thread on CrackBerry.com about the current case.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...p-case-963679/
    If you read through it, you can see that there are some concerns about that offering.

Thanks for your time.
    10-02-14 08:19 AM
200 ... 23456 ...