09-30-14 11:27 PM
    I still have a few bluetooth headsets around, mono and stereo. I'll get a case like this and answer phone calls through the headset.
    What a great idea. I have a sony stereo Bluetooth headset and this would work like a charm with that. I think I"ll do the same.
    10-01-14 12:49 AM
    I have to admit, I'm a little skeptical of adhesive in this application... Guess I'll have to await a review.

I have the leather flip case for the Z30 and LOVE it.
    yes same here don't know if I would trust my passport with just some sticky surface hmmmm ....think ill wait a bit and see how things go
    10-01-14 12:54 AM
    LOL. No sleeper magnet = most useless full sized BB case ever.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 10-01-14 at 01:51 AM.
    10-01-14 01:06 AM

Sorry but not including a sleeper magnet is a glaring omission for a device that actually support Holster setting (answer calls, change profiles through some apps).

If it really is true the Passport will never support sleeper/powersaving, someone at BlackBerry Design should be let go.

BBVE shows that there is a holster sensor.
    10-01-14 01:40 AM

Sorry but not including a sleeper magnet is a glaring omission for a device that actually support Holster setting (answer calls, change profiles through some apps).

If it really is true the Passport will never support sleeper/powersaving, someone at BlackBerry Design should be let go.

This:

BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Case-img_20140930_234734.png

Posted via CB10 on a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-01-14 01:48 AM
    Oh nevermind! Just found the area on the phone that responds to my Q10 magnet. Guess I can always put one in the holster myself if it really doesn't have one.

@ rjedge: that is fine for power saving, but flipping the device does not activate any of the Holster settings like answering calls, screen lock or profile changing.

10-01-14 01:50 AM
    So the Passport *sticks* to the case?

I wonder what kind of residue it will leave on the Passport and how long it will stick well for.
    3M actually makes some amazing adhesives for this kind of thing, so I'll keep an open mind.

It might be okay. I'll have to see for myself.

ETA: it this works for Vaja cases I'll definitely consider it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-01-14 02:20 AM
    On other websites it says it does have power saving tech tho? On expansys etc it says it does.

Someone please clarify this?

BlackBerry Passport Leather Flip Case-img_20141001_110458.png

Link to the review

http://www.berryreview.com/2014/09/3...her-flip-case/

Posted via CB10
    Dodopremier likes this.
    10-01-14 05:05 AM
    I just emailed the guy from the first review and he claims he has been in personal touch with someone from BlackBerry over this.
    I found it hard to believe, but he clearly states that the ones he has don't do any power saving/holster action when closed.

Guess we will find out once they hit stores, or once CB does an article on them.

10-01-14 05:35 AM
    A few websites claim it has the power saver function

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:08 AM
    Try clove in the UK

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:35 AM
    That light brown case looks amazing. I just wish it had a small slot for a credit card.
    10-01-14 06:40 AM
    I have, although it's listed it's not in stock. They say atleast a month

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:50 AM
    This has to be the most sexiest blackberry case ever made ......cant wait to buy ,not one but two cases to match the " office suit"...

Divakar
    10-01-14 07:10 AM
    You can't. Two different SIM cards... nano-sim buddy.
    Adapter?
    10-01-14 07:22 AM
    Stupidest design ever.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-01-14 07:41 AM
    Stupidest design ever.

Is it made with deadcowboy-skin leather? Sounds like it's personal for you.

bungaboy and Spawn12 like this.
    10-01-14 07:57 AM
    3M actually makes some amazing adhesives for this kind of thing, so I'll keep an open mind.

It might be okay. I'll have to see for myself.

ETA: it this works for Vaja cases I'll definitely consider it.

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY! Vaja makes very elegant gear. BlackBerry did their homework and emulated Vaja.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-01-14 08:07 AM
    I am not too sure about this "paste" thing. Say I drop it, is it just going to detach itself and bounce away from the flip shell?

I don't expect folio covers to offer a great deal of shock protection, but I also don't want a phone to bounce away from it and get scratched up.

CrackBerry....sounds like someone needs to do a drop test with their Passport...any takers?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:07 AM
    Is it made with deadcowboy-skin leather? Sounds like it's personal for you.

Yes, and I'll haunt all of you folk for using my remains in such a headscratching way.

Seriously,though, the Passport should have lifted the back cover design from the Z30.

10-01-14 09:21 AM
    This looks exactly like the stuff on my Vaja case which I used with my Q10. It does not detach easily. It is reusable and it has the wonderful property of not adding any bulk. It is genius to use in this application and I have dropped my Q10 with it on and it will not detach. It leaves no residue. I have both a black and tan Passport flip on order because I want it asap. By the way, the Vaja flip had an auto off magnet in the flip and I am willing to bet this one will too.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-01-14 09:23 AM
    This looks exactly like the stuff on my Vaja case which I used with my Q10. It does not detach easily. It is reusable and it has the wonderful property of not adding any bulk. It is genius to use in this application and I have dropped my Q10 with it on and it will not detach. It leaves no residue. I have both a black and tan Passport flip on order because I want it asap. By the way, the Vaja flip had an auto off magnet in the flip and I am willing to bet this one will too.
    I agree as numerous websites say it does have the magnet

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:28 AM
    When I'm suited and booted, or travelling, I use a case. When I'm casual I don't and just put my phone in my pocket. Will the gum on this case mean I can't keep putting my pp in and out of the case all the time? Will it stop being sticky and become useless really quickly? I hate using a case when I'm at home or whenever else a case just isn't necessary.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:21 AM
    I read someone stating if done right this technology handles 1000s of applications before it deteriorates.

10-01-14 10:44 AM
200 12345 ...