It's a 3M "sticky note" like backing - it's meant to come off (not TOO easily) so that you can access the SIM and memory slots - but you wouldn't want to do this every single day.
    Too bad! That's a deal breaker for me. The case looks hot, but a sticky surface is a cheesy way to hold in the phone. I have the flip case for my Q10, and it has a hard shell holder for the phone. And I do want to be able to swap the SIM card between the Q10 and the Passport frequently.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    09-30-14 04:58 PM
    Too bad! That's a deal breaker for me. The case looks hot, but a sticky surface is a cheesy way to hold in the phone. I have the flip case for my Q10, and it has a hard shell holder for the phone. And I do want to be able to swap the SIM card between the Q10 and the Passport frequently.

Posted via CB10
    It is a tough call. With a hard shell, you lose that beautiful stainless steel border. The best would be if the back panel comes off and the case snaps on.
    bernardogrady and bungaboy like this.
    09-30-14 05:03 PM
    I so want this case in black! Why oh why is it not available until November?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:08 PM
    Any updates on when it's available in the UK?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:21 PM
    It's a 3M "sticky note" like backing - it's meant to come off (not TOO easily) so that you can access the SIM and memory slots - but you wouldn't want to do this every single day.
    I have to admit, I'm a little skeptical of adhesive in this application... Guess I'll have to await a review.

I have the leather flip case for the Z30 and LOVE it.
    Ralph V likes this.
    09-30-14 05:24 PM
    Does it lock and put the sleep the phone when the cover is closed? How does it go on since only the top of the passport opens?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, dealbreaker. I'll stick with the hardshell, which I'm praying has a soft inner surface like the Z10, but doubtful..
    09-30-14 05:28 PM
    Blaze, when are we getting passport accessories in the US store? we can buy the passport from amazon and shopblackberry, why not accessories from crackberry?
    09-30-14 05:36 PM
    I have to admit, I'm a little skeptical of adhesive in this application... Guess I'll have to await a review.

Hmm, they could have just made four rigid rubberized plastic corners into which you "jam" the Passport in. Last thing you want is adhesive on a surface that might be placed in fabric-lined pockets.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:40 PM
    Hmm, they could have just made four rigid rubberized plastic corners into which you "jam" the Passport in. Last thing you want is adhesive on a surface that might be placed in fabric-lined pockets.

Posted via CB10
    I think the sticky part covers only the phone, none sticks around

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:42 PM
    That is friggin gorgeous.
    09-30-14 05:46 PM
    So the Passport *sticks* to the case?

I wonder what kind of residue it will leave on the Passport and how long it will stick well for.
    09-30-14 05:54 PM
    Sticky adhesive... that's one of the dumbest things I've seen so far in all my years using smartphones... The PP is already a hefty/heavy phone - I'm not trusting any adhesive-backed case with it...

Also, the soft backing of the PP scratches really easily - not noticeable unless you look closely, (like where you connect the charger is where scratches usually first appear), and this case doesn't offer any protection there. The other spot that scratches quickly is the top part that you fumble with when installing sim/sd cards - which this case also does nothing to protect.

Currently using the PP hard case (with the soft/ribbed back), and running a strip of tape across the top which the case doesn't protect - not exactly elegant, but at least my PP will remain scratch-free.
    09-30-14 05:56 PM
    I think the sticky part covers only the phone, none sticks around

Posted via CB10
    I would hope so, but still... lint and other stuff will manage its way in there and stick to it, making it look a bit gross and rendering it less sticky.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:12 PM
    Love it. Never a fan of brown leather but wow it is growing on me. Definitely thinking about picking one of those up.
    The proper brown leather case will always reflect class if done correctly. It's like the black dress for women. Some classics just never go out off style.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-30-14 06:13 PM
    I really like the aesthetics of this case but having only adhesive holding the device makes me think of a cheap vinyl calculator cover. The front shirt pocket seems like the better solution until a more refined case appears.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:22 PM
    I really like the aesthetics of this case but having only adhesive holding the device makes me think of a cheap vinyl calculator cover. The front shirt pocket seems like the better solution until a more refined case appears.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, but i think i still may buy it and give it a shot as it does look awesome

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:24 PM
    I wonder if black-colored case is available.

http://m.crackberry.com/first-look-l...berry-passport

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:33 PM
    I have a Vaja case for my Q10 that is a flip that has a gummy adhesive that is reusable. I kept the Q in my pocket and there was never a problem. I was even able to peel it off and use it on my second Q after the keyboard caused me to replace the device. I think the adhesive is a great idea. Very professional looking. No issue if like Vaja.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    09-30-14 08:14 PM
    Is there a place in the US to order those?

Posted through my Passport #workwide
    09-30-14 08:32 PM

I wonder if it will be the sticky surface you see on those "as seen on tv" ads for holding GPS, phone, satellite radio, etc... its like a green "frog skin" material. I have it as a mount for my ipod touch which live feeds the GoPro on my boat's wake tower and it hangs on to that ipod great over any kind of choppy water and only comes off if you peel it rather than trying to slide it. The sticky part can be washed over and over again and doesnt leave a residue on the device.
    09-30-14 08:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can't. Two different SIM cards... nano-sim buddy.
    09-30-14 08:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    So BlackBerry is going to make a high end device targeting captains of industry and decision makers and have a non refined, cheap holder. I don't think so!

09-30-14 10:08 PM
    How does it get hooked on the back of the phone?

Posted using the fabulous 10.3.0.1052 on my Z10
    09-30-14 10:19 PM
    So BlackBerry is going to make a high end device targeting captains of industry and decision makers and have a non refined, cheap holder. I don't think so!

No matter how great the rest of the case may be, if the phone sits in adhesive then I don't see how it could be considered ideal. I hope I'm wrong but the solution seems inelegant.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:26 PM
200 1234 ...