Situation is that I currently have the classic and the note 3. I want to get rid of my classic and I'm leaning towards the passport but the leap is slowly creeping up. I have played with the passport and the size isn't a problem, my main concern is the camera (I know isn't the greatest), sound, and some media and social networking. Apps are not too big of a deal because if it won't work on my blackberry I can use it on my note. I'm a student and hopefully will be teaching soon so and suggestions?
    12-03-15 05:06 PM
    The passport has better specs than the Leap,so if that matters to you then go for the Passport. Also it's different...
    jameson0107 likes this.
    12-03-15 05:27 PM
    I have owned Passport but currently using the Leap. Initially I really enjoyed the Passport but over a few months found the size a bit big. Also I was great for email type communication but difficult actually using it as a phone. As for the Leap - I think it's amazing and has become my favorite BlackBerry. I am not a big application user. But do use a few Android ones which I loaded from Amazon or found the APK file online. They all work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 05:27 PM
    If the size of the passport isn't a issue then I'd go with that. It's an awesome device.

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    12-03-15 05:34 PM
    The camera on the Passport is by far the best of any BB10 phone. The only possible things that the Leap has in its favour would be screen size for media, and lower price.
    12-03-15 05:42 PM
    The camera on the Passport can take some great pictures! The only issue one could have is that the auto-focus is slow. The "Camera++" app improves that greatly though.

Passport is definitely the best choice, especially if you already have yourself a 'slab' for media consumption. However, the Passport is so wide, it's almost the same as viewing media on an iPhone4 or Z10.
    so crow likes this.
    12-03-15 05:47 PM
    Passport hands down is best BB device running BB10
    12-03-15 06:14 PM
    My passport arrived today. Transferring data from my Z30. I decided to go with the passport because my wife has had one for about a year and loves it. It takes a beating too and still looks great. Priv was tempting, but having coveted a passport for a year, had to jump.
    nicky_willz likes this.
    12-03-15 06:20 PM
    Had a z30 for a year and half and then moved leap about 6 months ago. love the bb10 OS so today bought the passport SE. - my first physical Keyboard phone. Trying to adjust to it - so for so good

Leap is a great Device For the price. Love the look and in fact I still have it as a backup. Passport is a much more premium device which also looks quite Nice in the hand.

Ask me anything about the leap if u want to know more.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 10:19 PM
    I've used both the Leap and the Passport and I prefer the Passport. Not bashing on the Leap, just feeling the personality of the Passport more.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 10:35 PM
    Had a z30 for a year and half and then moved leap about 6 months ago. love the bb10 OS so today bought the passport SE. - my first physical Keyboard phone. Trying to adjust to it - so for so good

Leap is a great Device For the price. Love the look and in fact I still have it as a backup. Passport is a much more premium device which also looks quite Nice in the hand.

Ask me anything about the leap if u want to know more.

Posted via CB10
    How is the sound? Do apps run without lag? How do videos look on the screen? Battery life?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 10:56 PM
    How is the sound? Do apps run without lag? How do videos look on the screen? Battery life?

Posted via CB10
    So far so good. It sounds great and there's no lag whatsoever. Browsing and videos are great in the large screen. Only issue for me is the ability to type fast on th the keyboard as I've never used A PKB device before.
    12-04-15 11:58 AM
    The Passport is the best BlackBerry has built. It still has a wow factor since there is nothing like it on the market. As a student you will love taking notes on it! You will not be sorry with your choice of the Passport!

8830<9650<9810<Playbook64<Q10<Passport
    Q10Bold and nicky_willz like this.
    12-04-15 01:22 PM
    I own both of them and i switch between the two devices day by day...the passport is a great device, the keyboard is awesome, the speed is great and i like surfing the net on the passport, reading is good! The Leap is different, it is a bit slser than the passport but the advantage over the passport is that videos are shown in full screen, when you connect the Leap via miracast and tv apps are running in full screen.

The form factor of the passport is still an eyecatcher! Wo go and get both devices...espeacialy the Leap is not too expensive, got mine for 140 euro at ebay

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 04:57 PM
    The camera on the Passport is by far the best of any BB10 phone. The only possible things that the Leap has in its favour would be screen size for media, and lower price.
    How would you compare the Passport camera to other competitors?
    12-05-15 07:45 PM
    Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 07:45 PM
    How would you compare the Passport camera to other competitors?
    It's not the best that is out there in low light conditions, but it holds its own. Once you learn some focus tricks, I was happy with it.
    12-05-15 08:00 PM
    I own both of them and i switch between the two devices day by day...the passport is a great device, the keyboard is awesome, the speed is great and i like surfing the net on the passport, reading is good! The Leap is different, it is a bit slser than the passport but the advantage over the passport is that videos are shown in full screen, when you connect the Leap via miracast and tv apps are running in full screen.

The form factor of the passport is still an eyecatcher! Wo go and get both devices...espeacialy the Leap is not too expensive, got mine for 140 euro at ebay

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I can't afford both and if the money situation doesn't change its going to be the leap.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 09:26 PM
    I haven't used the leap full time but the passport I am VERY impressed with. Coming off the classic the wide screen is a dream - I haven't touched my iphone for 2 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    nicky_willz likes this.
    12-05-15 09:27 PM