For the last 2 days my Blackberry Passport all of a sudden started having signal issues, I would be connected to 4G but not be able to make calls as it would not automatically drop to 3G/2G, when I manually scanned the networks I could pick up 2G / 3G at very weak signals which allowed me to make calls. But usually I would have no signal at all.

Went into my provider today to try and get it sorted out via warranty but was informed that there was liquid damage as the tab close to the sim slot was red which indicated liquid damage and hence the warranty is void. Although the phone has never been dropped in water or anything I guess there is nothing I can do to fight it.

I am up to date with the latest software and haven't done an update in a while so doubt it is software related, maybe hardware? Loose connection? As I can't seem to get a warranty on it anyways I would be willing to open it up and poke around if there is something that I might be able to fix.

Can anyone assist with this?
    01-11-16 05:16 AM
    I am too is having the same issue

But mine happens in certain areas where usually on my GS4 I would get full bars. I searched online for help but I haven't had any luck it's really frustrating having lte drop to e then goes into emergency calls only
    01-12-16 02:02 PM
    Same here, but lucky for me it is a company phone, so now sitting here with my classic replacement, that I dumped for my old Z10, as the classic is no match for the passport and waiting for the repaired device or a replacement
    First and only real issue I encountered on this beast.best BlackBerry ever!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 02:04 PM
    Have a read of this thread, is it the same issue? http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1053869

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-14-16 05:31 PM
    Got a replacement
    Finally, the classic I got to use is simply no comparison
    PP rules big time

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 04:37 PM
    Try turning off all auto updates or the date, time and timezone. This worked for me and the problem started after transit between timezones. I suspect the network is lost while the handset is hung checking the time which would explain why the fault is intermittent.
    11-03-16 06:03 PM
    Nothing works. It's an os issue and BlackBerry couldn't care less about their "old" business.
    11-09-16 02:36 PM
    My Blackberry Passport's network connection has been non-existent or quite sporadic for last three months. Most of the time it said Emergency Calls Only! Of course I could use wi-fi where available but I've been carrying a flip phone around with me so I could get calls since I've had no phone service. Even when my phone said 4GLTE I wasn't able to get internet or phone. Tried security wipe, hard and soft resets, turning airplane mode on and off, replacing Sim card three times. I was worried maybe defective sim tray or antenna problem. T-Mobile suggested reinstalling operating system. I didn't know that a security wipe and reinstalling the Blackberry 10 operating system were not the same. That did the trick-except for indoor my apartment house-which can be corrected with free Cellspot router from T-Mobile. Before reinstalling the OS make sure you have complete backup on Link so you can restore everything when done-apps, photos etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 09:56 AM
    Blackberry users on T-Mobile's network will be experiencing non-service or sporadic service at best till at least Mid-January as the carrier is doing a massive updating of their towers as per their tech support expert I spoke to today. So just changing sim cards, reloading operating systems etc. won't solve any Emergency Calls Only or no network found warnings. Or sometimes I seemed to be on 4GLTE yet no phone or Internet.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 02:10 PM
    Blackberry users on T-Mobile's network will be experiencing non-service or sporadic service at best till at least Mid-January as the carrier is doing a massive updating of their towers as per their tech support expert I spoke to today. So just changing sim cards, reloading operating systems etc. won't solve any Emergency Calls Only or no network found warnings. Or sometimes I seemed to be on 4GLTE yet no phone or Internet.

Posted via CB10
    So this is a network issue? I just went through an extensive troubleshooting process with t-mobile today without resolution of the problem.

For those of you experiencing this could you share which OS you are running to ensure that this isn't a blackberry issue? The problem I am seeing that when I don't have service it is trying to lock on to. Att and verizon towers, ignoring the t-mobile signal that is present.

I am running 10.3.3.1435
    01-22-17 02:38 PM
    Bump since a new thread seems to be posted about this every few days.

Is there a trend? Everyone is on tmobile or everyone is running 10.3.3, or ?
    01-25-17 08:04 AM
    Hi all ; having same issue on T-mobile with my passport; was running 10.3.3.1433 untill yesterday when i loaded .1463 with no improvements; I have also just downgraded my radio file to 10.3.2.859 with no change. i have tested my signal connection by using a Sony Xperia M4 and that phone connects with no issues....So i am at a loss like all of you.

this phone has never had this issue and only started doing this since Monday 1/30/2017.
    02-03-17 02:43 PM
    It's a mystery. It happened to my last Passport last June. I get "emergency calls only" all the time. It can find a signal, but as soon as I start moving it loses it. It's gotta be hardware related. Kinda sad.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 02:50 PM
    This is starting to sound like a t-mobile issue as that seems to be the carrier this keeps popping up on. I'm on Rogers in Canada and have had no issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 02:50 PM
    I would be in 100th% agreement, but if I use my Sony I get signal on the same area, could it be a tower issue specifically affecting the passport? Sounds odd indeed.
    02-03-17 02:57 PM
    That's very interesting. As he said what version of os are you on?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 03:49 PM
    I'm on 10.3.3.1463
    02-03-17 03:51 PM
    Let's use this thread Going forward and try to provide this info to see if there's a common denominator.

What os are you on now?

When roughly did you start noticing this?

What provider are you with?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 03:55 PM
    I'll repost following suggested format:

1/30/2017
    T-mobile US

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 04:08 PM
    I don't have issue with my passport with tmobile. I have 10.3.2.556 and I am in Los Angeles area. I do have multiple Passport BTW. I don't have 10.3.3 OS yet

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 05:13 PM
    I'd be curious if you'd be willing to try updating one to 10.3.3 to see if that's causing the issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 05:44 PM
    I do have unlocked Z30 with 10.3.3. but I rarely use em so I can't tell if there is an issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 05:58 PM
    I had this same problem with my OG months ago. From the BlackBerry customer support they tried to bear with me until I'd hopefully be able to fix the problem following their directions, but unfortunately nothing worked. The signal was randomly on and off. Even though I didn't purchase my Passport from ShopBlackBerry they still sent me a shipping label and a box and all I had to do was drop it off at a FedEx location. I received my device two weeks later functioning perfectly and so it has remained ever since. I think the service was outstanding.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 06:16 PM
    I have the same issue, but not frequently. But even when it shows 4GLTE it might not connect.

T-Mobile
    Passport SE

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    02-04-17 09:58 AM
    I fixed mine by replacing the motherboard, so I am guessing faulty sim reader or an issue with the motherboard itself.
    02-04-17 10:10 AM
27 12