Passport is so expensive

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:23 AM
    Thought wanna share with you guys what really happen with us. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985581 simply said Tlkmsl suck big time. Happy Holidays

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:33 AM
    Thought wanna share with you guys what really happen with us. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985581 simply said Tlkmsl suck big time. Happy Holidays

Posted via CB10
    Yeah if i can narrow this issue down, there are 2 problems here and these need both ends to work together to get this sh#t away:
    - from BB: radio bug --> sometimes it happens when the phone is on wifi but then it moves away from the wifi, then the bb connection doesn't kick in straight away. Hence, it needs a network toggle. Sometimes..
    - from Tsel: network incompatibility --> which might explain why Tsel hasn't allowed PP to work on their 4G (maybe some of us can enjoy the 4G without issues, but for most of us, i believe we're on the same boat, when you switch the 4G, an error/SOS appears)

Hhm.. let's hope 10.3.1 will solve the radio bug (I call it as the "BB-gate") and soon Tsel will release PP as a sign that their configuration is correct for us to sail on..

COME ON!!!

Posted on my Passport
    12-27-14 10:40 AM
    One thing I notice is that I at not able to get the BB logo if I am on WIFI only. This problem can be easily replicate.

Say everything is running well with 3G/4G, BB Logo, WIFI On connected to my home WIFI. When I disable my mobile network (leaving WIFI on), the BB logo will also disappear. When I switch on the mobile network again, the BB logo may not appear. To bring back the BB logo, I need to Register Blackberry (Settings>About>Network), turn off and on my mobile network. When the BB logo appears, then I turn on WIFI.

I personally believe its a recent change in Telkomsel network that allow Non BB10 users to use BBM with Telkomsel Flash dataplan. This means non BB10 users can still use BBM without the traditional BIS plan.

What do you guys think?

- CHarles
    12-27-14 08:50 PM
    One thing I notice is that I at not able to get the BB logo if I am on WIFI only. This problem can be easily replicate.

Say everything is running well with 3G/4G, BB Logo, WIFI On connected to my home WIFI. When I disable my mobile network (leaving WIFI on), the BB logo will also disappear. When I switch on the mobile network again, the BB logo may not appear. To bring back the BB logo, I need to Register Blackberry (Settings>About>Network), turn off and on my mobile network. When the BB logo appears, then I turn on WIFI.

I personally believe its a recent change in Telkomsel network that allow Non BB10 users to use BBM with Telkomsel Flash dataplan. This means non BB10 users can still use BBM without the traditional BIS plan.

What do you guys think?

- CHarles
    Interesting, so there is no bis anymore with Telkomsel?

BlackBerry Passport
    12-27-14 09:05 PM

What do you guys think?

- CHarles
    Hhm, in my situation, whenever my phone is connected to the wifi it will stay on wifi no matter what I'm doing with the cellular signal/data. Yours is a bit complicated here bro..

But the issue sometimes happens IF I'm out of my wifi range, sometimes, the phone seems doesn't quickly realise that it's no longer connected to the wifi hence it has to use Telkomsel's data connection to resume the bb connectivity. It happens sometimes, quite more randomly these days but still, it's still happening.

Yeah, i guess if this issue hasn't been solved until the end of the year, I'll write an open letter to Telkomsel on KOMPAS & some other major newspaper's readers column. I'm quite fed up already..

Posted on my Passport
    12-28-14 07:26 AM
    I'm fed up, I've sent 2 open letters to Telkomsel via kompas & media Indonesia this morning. Let's see what's next..

Posted on my Passport
    chaddeus likes this.
    12-29-14 01:40 AM
    I'm fed up, I've sent 2 open letters to Telkomsel via kompas & media Indonesia this morning. Let's see what's next..

Posted on my Passport
    Good job bro!

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-29-14 06:50 AM
    Good job bro!

Posted via CB10
    thanks bro. you can also do your part, and so do the others here. the more open letters sent to the media, the louder the "sound wave" will be, i'm sure Telkomsel won't just sit down and ignore it. please.. continue this wave, we can do it if we are together. just like Obama, "TOGETHER YES WE CAN!!"
    12-29-14 08:49 AM
    thanks bro. you can also do your part, and so do the others here. the more open letters sent to the media, the louder the "sound wave" will be, i'm sure Telkomsel won't just sit down and ignore it. please.. continue this wave, we can do it if we are together. just like Obama, "TOGETHER YES WE CAN!!"
    Just made a thread here: http://forumdukungan.blackberry.com/...ng/td-p/354979 the BlackBerry people in Indonesia need to know this as well.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-30-14 04:15 AM
    I never had issue #1, but I did changed my microSIM to nano directly at grapari since day 1.
    For issue #2, the logo did disappeared occasionally when I was using the original OS, but never again since updated to 10.3.1.1154 and I always use 3G only.

My issue is actually with bbworld. It never loads on first try, always need to close and re-open.
    Never have this issue when I'm using wifi.

My friend commented that it may be caused my telkomsel preparation for 4G. Maybe..
    And I agree that telkomsel need to costumize the OS, just like when they were supporting the BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-30-14 04:40 AM
    Just made a thread here: http://forumdukungan.blackberry.com/...ng/td-p/354979 the BlackBerry people in Indonesia need to know this as well.

Posted via CB10
    Replied to your thread,semoga pihak berwenang menjawab dan bisa menjelaskan situasi yang sebenarnya

BlackBerry Passport
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-30-14 05:05 AM
    I am on vacation in Indonesia and bought a local simcard and asked the person selling it to register me for the flash plan. Passport works brilliantly, without a flaw and I can even get live streaming off BBC world news in Ambon on a H++ network as well as BBM video to Canada. No problems during the last two weeks.
    It also worked well the first day roaming on my Canadian Rogers simcard on Telekomsel.
    Last edited by sorinv; 12-30-14 at 06:26 AM.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-30-14 05:30 AM
    I am on vacation in Indonesia and bought a local simcard and asked the person selling it to register me for the flash plan. Passport works brilliantly, without a flaw and I can even get live streaming off BBC world news in Ambon on a H++ network as well as BBM video to Canada. No problems during the last two weeks.
    It also worked well the first day roaming on my Canadian Rogers simcard on Telekomsel.
    Since you mentioned, you were in Ambon, it could be an areal issue. I was in Bandung a while back for a few days and have no problem as well. Since they are upgrading into 4G in Jakarta, maybe the upgrade causes this.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:35 PM
    Happy New Year Guys!

From my Z30
    12-31-14 07:20 AM
    happy new year guys! hopefully *fingers crossed* the issue will soon the solved for good..
    12-31-14 11:23 AM
    Interesting, so there is no bis anymore with Telkomsel?

BlackBerry Passport
    BIS is still available but if you have an Non BB10 device and you get telkomsel flash, browser and BBM will work. But you will not have access to email and other BB services.

- Charles
    01-01-15 05:24 AM
    Since you mentioned, you were in Ambon, it could be an areal issue. I was in Bandung a while back for a few days and have no problem as well. Since they are upgrading into 4G in Jakarta, maybe the upgrade causes this.

Posted via CB10
    I used 4G in Jakarta and everything was fine on a Rogers simcard on Telekomsel network. I'll be back in Jakarta on Saturday and check this again on the Telekomsel simcard.
    01-01-15 08:45 AM

What do you guys think?

- CHarles
    This problem regarding WIFI is gone since yesterday. I am able to use WIFI only and BB Logo is still there!! Not sure what is happening here but maybe some changes on the Telkomsel network.

- Charles
    01-01-15 08:40 PM
    This problem regarding WIFI is gone since yesterday. I am able to use WIFI only and BB Logo is still there!! Not sure what is happening here but maybe some changes on the Telkomsel network.

- Charles
    Well done bro!

Just an update from me: I've just landed in jkt after a week of holiday in SG. During my roaming, everything was all good, relatively no issues.

Prior to toggling the mobile network on, i switched to the 4G/3G mode. Suddenly H+ with the bb logo went into my phone just like a flick of a switch (previously i never could get the bb logo straight away when I've landed in jkt and i released the flight mode, i had to toggle manually when I've entered the terminal building of soetta). Everything was smooth sailing..

Until.. suddenly my phone noticed a 4G signal, it failed to register to connect, hence it went to SOS. I had to revert back to 3G/2G, then i had to toggle for few minutes to claim back the bb connection over the 3G network. Dunno what's wrong here, I've got an LTE nano sim but i never could register to LTE until now, instead the whole reception goes to a whacky state every time i try to register to LTE.

Posted on my Passport
    01-02-15 09:18 AM

- Charles
    Mine still have the problem. If I want to have BlackBerry logo only on wifi is to remove the sim card. Without removing the sim card it's just won't work. Somehow Telkomsel or my device is not allowing it. What about you guys?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Update community manager from BlackBerry has read the thread hope soon we will get the answer from Mr. Veriyanta

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:42 PM
    just an update guys.. just an update.

today (5 Jan 2015), i have experienced this loss bb logo issue for 3 times. all of them were caused by 1 root cause: handover failure from the wifi to Telkomsel's network when i was out of the wifi coverage area. i had to toggle the data services/mobile network to reclaim the connectivity but the most recent one was between 1.30-1.40 PM, the BB logo was out for that long, just because i went out from my home's wifi. i had to toggle the network + the mobile data for few times before the BB logo came back..

let's hope my open letters are followed up by both of them. i have a suspicion that this is more to a radio file bug.

to anyone who USED to experience this issue : is it true that updating to the 10.3.1.1154 leaked OS has SOLVED this nasty problem??

ANYONE with 10.3.0.908 OS who DON'T experience this issue?
    Last edited by yvpan1; 01-05-15 at 03:59 AM.
    01-05-15 02:08 AM
    gua pake telkomsel pajet BlackBerry 10 1 bulan 90k 3 gb data lancar jaya om

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 02:36 AM
    i am on telkomsel indonesia and my passport works well since October 10 2014.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    01-05-15 02:57 AM
109 ... 2345