I asked because someone told using the cut one might be better. I guess not. Mine is nano sim gotten from telkomsel as well.

today is a good news though. Bb logo is always there. Using 3G only. I complained through their twitter account, they refreshed my number or something. As a result, so far so good for the past 24 hour.

But now, if I restart my phone, the logo is gone until I toggle the data network, only then the logo appear. Basically it is still unstable but much better than the past few days.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:18 AM
    t-sel, the biggest operator in the 'world'. But the worst in services.

From my Z30
    12-17-14 08:30 AM
    But now, if I restart my phone, the logo is gone until I toggle the data network, only then the logo appear. Basically it is still unstable but much better than the past few days.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever tried to just let the phone to register to the BB network after the reboot without having to toggle? Perhaps it will eventually connect even though it might take a while..

Hopefully the 10.3.1 will provide a patch to this issue, along with Telkomsel's network getting improved, seems this happens randomly among us, BB10 users on Telkomsel..

Posted on my Passport
    12-18-14 05:42 AM
    Just had a complaint to the call centre. They said currently the Passport along with some other new handsets are still under testing for the LTE provisioning, as the result there might be some issues with the way the phone connects to the network, but the testing will be completed sometime next month. Hhm.. maybe this is one of the reasons of our "BBgate" on Telkomsel.. they're testing the behaviour of our phone to set the configuration parameter.

Hopefully this issue will be solved for good as per the above..

Posted on my Passport
    siung6 likes this.
    12-18-14 09:54 AM
    a conspiracy (if anyone doesn't agree to this please ignore me):

seems that the "BBgate" issue happens MOSTLY when our phone is moving out from the wifi to establish a connection to the mobile network OR sometimes, maybe after reboot or other things, but in my case, the BBgate issue mostly happens when my phone is moving from wifi back to the 3G, sometimes it connects quickly, sometimes it takes a while, sometimes.. it doesn't connect at all.

my conspiracy is, perhaps there is a bug on the radio file which might be an issue for some carriers (unfortunately.. Telkomsel..), which is so particular in Passport that hinders the phone to connect to the BB server after the wifi is gone. seems the phone is still on the "wifi" mode therefore it is searching for wifi to get the BB connection back online instead of quickly realising that "hey, i'm no longer connected to the wifi, i have to quickly resume the connection using 3G. come on Telkomsel, get me connected to the BB!!"

that's why toggling is needed in this case, to help the phone to realise that, mobile network is the only option for them to hang on to get connected.

i have reported this to Michael Clewley of BBRY. however, i myself have no power, i need your voices too agan-agan.. please also tweet him of this issue, hopefully BBRY & Tsel can quickly solve this issue together by early next year..
    12-18-14 10:22 PM
    @yvpan1: r u using a 4G card from t-sel that just recently launched, gan?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:41 PM
    @yvpan1: r u using a 4G card from t-sel that just recently launched, gan?

Posted via CB10
    yes gan.. correct. but the PP is still under testing by Tsel, so still, even though i'm using a uSIM but i haven't experienced the LTE as yet.. poor me..

** just now i went out of my office wifi on the road, the handover was smooth. went home for lunch then i went back to the office, the BBgate issue kicked in again.. as the result i had to toggle the network. so the probability of BBgate here is around.. 60/40 (40% BBgate 60% no issue), almost even.
    Last edited by yvpan1; 12-19-14 at 03:55 AM.
    12-19-14 12:15 AM
    yes gan.. correct. but the PP is still under testing by Tsel, so still, even though i'm using a uSIM but i haven't experienced the LTE as yet.. poor me..

** just now i went out of my office wifi on the road, the handover was smooth. went home for lunch then i went back to the office, the BBgate issue kicked in again.. as the result i had to toggle the network. so the probability of BBgate here is around.. 60/40 (40% BBgate 60% no issue), almost even.
    Yvpan, for now, what I did is to keep complaining to telkomsel through direct message twitter account "everytime" the BlackBerry logo disappear. Their response is always fast without solution. At least I am sharing my pain with them.

Just wondering, what is your Internet plan yvpan?
    Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:03 AM
    a conspiracy (if anyone doesn't agree to this please ignore me):

seems that the "BBgate" issue happens MOSTLY when our phone is moving out from the wifi to establish a connection to the mobile network OR sometimes, maybe after reboot or other things, but in my case, the BBgate issue mostly happens when my phone is moving from wifi back to the 3G, sometimes it connects quickly, sometimes it takes a while, sometimes.. it doesn't connect at all.

my conspiracy is, perhaps there is a bug on the radio file which might be an issue for some carriers (unfortunately.. Telkomsel..), which is so particular in Passport that hinders the phone to connect to the BB server after the wifi is gone. seems the phone is still on the "wifi" mode therefore it is searching for wifi to get the BB connection back online instead of quickly realising that "hey, i'm no longer connected to the wifi, i have to quickly resume the connection using 3G. come on Telkomsel, get me connected to the BB!!"

that's why toggling is needed in this case, to help the phone to realise that, mobile network is the only option for them to hang on to get connected.

i have reported this to Michael Clewley of BBRY. however, i myself have no power, i need your voices too agan-agan.. please also tweet him of this issue, hopefully BBRY & Tsel can quickly solve this issue together by early next year..
    I have not tried wiping and installing fresh os. It could work, because apparently not all Telkomsel user using PP is having the same issue. I agree with your theory though.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:36 AM
    Yvpan, for now, what I did is to keep complaining to telkomsel through direct message twitter account "everytime" the BlackBerry logo disappear. Their response is always fast without solution. At least I am sharing my pain with them.

Just wondering, what is your Internet plan yvpan?
    Posted via CB10
    I'm on the halofit 150k myplan, i've swapped it from the regular 125k halofit. perhaps it would make any difference? if the regular halofit is better suited for our passport then, perhaps i might reconsider to be back (even though i have to lose the benefits i have from the myplan - 500 minutes + 500 SMS allowance with a decent 3GB data - exchanged with 'just' a 200 mins + 200 SMS + 4GB data)

Posted on my Passport
    Last edited by yvpan1; 12-19-14 at 05:18 PM.
    12-19-14 10:07 AM
    @siung6: i'm on postpaid with a rp125rb package

Posted via CB10
    do you mean that you are on the regular halofit IDR 125k? or the flash optima IDR 125k?

if you have no issues with that then.. i think i'll follow you.
    12-19-14 05:17 PM
    I'm on the halofit 150k myplan, i've swapped it from the regular 125k halofit. perhaps it would make any difference? if the regular halofit is better suited for our passport then, perhaps i might reconsider to be back (even though i have to lose the benefits i have from the myplan - 500 minutes + 500 SMS allowance with a decent 3GB data - exchanged with 'just' a 200 mins + 200 SMS + 4GB data)

Posted on my Passport
    I am on smartphone 1year 36GB plan. It's not the same as you, thus it would not make a difference I guess, it so happen randomly I guess. I am very sure the glitch happen only with Wifi connection. I am currently in bandung for the past 2 days, and no glitch at all! I didn't use any Wifi at all and on 3G network only. Before I use passport, I use 9780 with bis. There were an error during the device switch. I am not sure these could affect the phone like the problem we are having.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:39 AM
    I am on smartphone 1year 36GB plan. It's not the same as you, thus it would not make a difference I guess, it so happen randomly I guess. I am very sure the glitch happen only with Wifi connection. I am currently in bandung for the past 2 days, and no glitch at all! I didn't use any Wifi at all and on 3G network only. Before I use passport, I use 9780 with bis. There were an error during the device switch. I am not sure these could affect the phone like the problem we are having.

Posted via CB10
    right, yeah there might be a glitch here with the wifi handover issue...

this morning i made the switch, i changed my plan again from the halofit myplan 150k back to the standard halofit 125k smartphone plan (yeah, i'm back to where i used to be.. i lost my 500 tsel mins + 500 tsel sms in exchange to 4GB + 200 mins + 200 sms + 25k cheaper monthly plan fee) just to check if.. the standard halofit plan will make a difference in the way my phone does the handover (i know it might sound weird but.. i just had a check). then here my observation of the day..

i went out from home in the morning (went out of my home wifi reception) and the handover was smooth, no issues. went to my friend's house, connected to his wifi then went out for a morning jogging with him, again.. the handover was smooth, no issues. after 1 hour, we went back, my phone was again connected to his wifi network while i was sticking around for a while, then i went home. again, no issues.

after a while at home, then i went out for lunch. this time.. the "BBgate" kicked in again. the handover didn't happen. just a solid 3G with no connection to the BB network. i had to toggle then the BB connection went back. after lunch, i went back home, back to the wifi at home.

then in the afternoon, i coincidentally disconnected my wifi to see if the handover was smooth. and yes.. it did. then i enabled my wifi for few minutes before leaving home. again, the handover was smooth, however.. suddenly i passed by an area where the 'flashzone-seamless' was located, i didn't realise my passport picked up the reception and had it connected for a couple of minutes then it was disconnected as i moved away from the reception. too bad.. the "BBgate" kicked in again. i again, had to toggle the network to get my BB connection back on.

to conclude:
    - perhaps the regular halofit has a better connectivity.. (maybe yes.. or maybe just my random opinion..)
    - BUT, the handover issue is a glitch and it happens randomly across all passports - some are affected, some are fortunate to not experience this at all
    - and i believe, in this case, it is not related to any carrier, this is something related to the radio setting

let's hope, 10.3.1 will solve this issue *fingers crossed*
    12-20-14 10:17 AM
    right, yeah there might be a glitch here with the wifi handover issue...

this morning i made the switch, i changed my plan again from the halofit myplan 150k back to the standard halofit 125k smartphone plan (yeah, i'm back to where i used to be.. i lost my 500 tsel mins + 500 tsel sms in exchange to 4GB + 200 mins + 200 sms + 25k cheaper monthly plan fee) just to check if.. the standard halofit plan will make a difference in the way my phone does the handover (i know it might sound weird but.. i just had a check). then here my observation of the day..

i went out from home in the morning (went out of my home wifi reception) and the handover was smooth, no issues. went to my friend's house, connected to his wifi then went out for a morning jogging with him, again.. the handover was smooth, no issues. after 1 hour, we went back, my phone was again connected to his wifi network while i was sticking around for a while, then i went home. again, no issues.

after a while at home, then i went out for lunch. this time.. the "BBgate" kicked in again. the handover didn't happen. just a solid 3G with no connection to the BB network. i had to toggle then the BB connection went back. after lunch, i went back home, back to the wifi at home.

then in the afternoon, i coincidentally disconnected my wifi to see if the handover was smooth. and yes.. it did. then i enabled my wifi for few minutes before leaving home. again, the handover was smooth, however.. suddenly i passed by an area where the 'flashzone-seamless' was located, i didn't realise my passport picked up the reception and had it connected for a couple of minutes then it was disconnected as i moved away from the reception. too bad.. the "BBgate" kicked in again. i again, had to toggle the network to get my BB connection back on.

to conclude:
    - perhaps the regular halofit has a better connectivity.. (maybe yes.. or maybe just my random opinion..)
    - BUT, the handover issue is a glitch and it happens randomly across all passports - some are affected, some are fortunate to not experience this at all
    - and i believe, in this case, it is not related to any carrier, this is something related to the radio setting

let's hope, 10.3.1 will solve this issue *fingers crossed*
    From what you explain, the culprit might be th flashzone seamless. I notices if you go to Wifi setting, go to saved network. You will find flash zone seamless that cannot be deleted. You can disable it though. This might help with the bbgate problem. I have not try it. I will try it to see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:20 PM
    From what you explain, the culprit might be th flashzone seamless. I notices if you go to Wifi setting, go to saved network. You will find flash zone seamless that cannot be deleted. You can disable it though. This might help with the bbgate problem. I have not try it. I will try it to see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    got it bro, that's fine, sometimes i'll need to use the flash seamless wifi AP whenever i need faster internet connection, however seems the point of this issue is, the handover is sometimes hindered from the wifi back to the mobile network. seems when i'm out of the wifi the phone doesn't quickly realise that i'm already out of the wifi. hence i have to:
    - quickly check my phone when the wifi has cut off, if the BB logo is back then it's fine
    - if the BB logo doesn't come back, then i have to toggle

it happened again just this morning. i went out from home, then soon after my home wifi was out of range, the BBgate went back. i had to toggle to resume the BB connection.
    12-20-14 10:58 PM
    so guys.. any updates so far from your passports???

i'm still quite disappointed here as Telkomsel is the only carrier which hasn't enabled the LTE for our phones. XL & Indosat have stated that Passport is one of their first 4G enabled phone. maan.. it's almost 2015 and still, we haven't been able to taste the LTE thanks to Telkomsel!!
    12-23-14 05:46 AM
    so guys.. any updates so far from your passports???

i'm still quite disappointed here as Telkomsel is the only carrier which hasn't enabled the LTE for our phones. XL & Indosat have stated that Passport is one of their first 4G enabled phone. maan.. it's almost 2015 and still, we haven't been able to taste the LTE thanks to Telkomsel!!
    So I got my Passport yesterday, cut the macro SIM off onto nano size and all worked fine. Passport read the SIM card and connected to BlackBerry server immediately. Smooth sailing on stock OS 10.3.0.1154..

Loaded 10.3.1.1154 this morning and haven't had any issue yet as OP's issue. Have no idea what's wrong with the others issues but all working fine on my side. And wish the LTE cooming soon when they start to using either 1.8Ghz or 2.1Ghz next year.

Oh.. and I'm on HaloFit 250K if that matter.

Blackberry Passport on Indonesia's Telkomsel Mobile Network Problems-img_20141224_075027.jpg

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-23-14 07:56 PM
    So I got my Passport yesterday, cut the macro SIM off onto nano size and all worked fine. Passport read the SIM card and connected to BlackBerry server immediately. Smooth sailing on stock OS 10.3.0.1154..

Loaded 10.3.1.1154 this morning and haven't had any issue yet as OP's issue. Have no idea what's wrong with the others issues but all working fine on my side. And wish the LTE cooming soon when they start to using either 1.8Ghz or 2.1Ghz next year.

Oh.. and I'm on HaloFit 250K if that matter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141224_075027.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	322685

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully you don't get a problem like us. Try turning on the wifi and see for a few days and keep us updated. At first I thought disabling the flash zone seamless will solve temporarily, unfortunately not. When I was in bandung for a few days, I have no problem at all, once I am back to west jakarta the problem return. It happened again just yesterday. Btw which mobile network setting do you use? 2G 3G 4G? Or just 3G 4G?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:18 PM
    I am sorry, I am talking about the missing BlackBerry logo and not unable to get 4G signal, since I have no idea about that.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:21 PM
    Hopefully you don't get a problem like us. Try turning on the wifi and see for a few days and keep us updated. At first I thought disabling the flash zone seamless will solve temporarily, unfortunately not. When I was in bandung for a few days, I have no problem at all, once I am back to west jakarta the problem return. It happened again just yesterday. Btw which mobile network setting do you use? 2G 3G 4G? Or just 3G 4G?

Posted via CB10
    It's too early to comment regarding WiFi since it's just a few hours. But it takes 2 seconds or 3 to connect to BlackBerry server (BlackBerry logo) once WiFi is turned off. And I believe it's been like that since day 1 of BlackBerry 10.

To get 4G, your SIM card must support 4G LTE (USIM) and not all areas are covered by 4G network.

My setting is default 2G&3G&4G.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:47 PM
    It's too early to comment regarding WiFi since it's just a few hours. But it takes 2 seconds or 3 to connect to BlackBerry server (BlackBerry logo) once WiFi is turned off. And I believe it's been like that since day 1 of BlackBerry 10.

To get 4G, your SIM card must support 4G LTE (USIM) and not all areas are covered by 4G network.

My setting is default 2G&3G&4G.

Posted via CB10
    So you're getting 4G without having to do anything? That's a wow as my passport can't.. even though I'm on the HALO LTE nano sim, hhm.. whenever i try to switch to the 4G/3G mode then an error message, "the sim card is not compatible - temporary network error" appears and I'm stuck on the SOS.

I'm still on the stock os 10.3.0.908 (1418).

Posted on my Passport
    Last edited by yvpan1; 12-25-14 at 09:55 AM.
    12-24-14 10:24 AM
    To anyone of you who celebrates Christmas, merry Christmas!

Meanwhile, what about your passport agan2, have you been able to access 4G from your phone?

Posted on my Passport
    12-26-14 04:31 PM
    So you're getting 4G without having to do anything? That's a wow as my passport can't.. even though I'm on the HALO LTE nano sim, hhm.. whenever i try to switch to the 4G/3G mode then an error message, "the sim card is not compatible - temporary network error" appears and I'm stuck on the SOS.

I'm still on the stock os 10.3.0.908 (1418).

Posted on my Passport
    To anyone of you who celebrates Christmas, merry Christmas!

Meanwhile, what about your passport agan2, have you been able to access 4G from your phone?

Posted on my Passport
    So I switched my SIM cards between Passport and Z30 (cut off manually, actually with a tool) without having problem to Telkomsel network. Both connect to 4G network while on 4G areas immediately. Lancar Jaya Gan..

And Merry Christmas to anyone who celebrates Christmas.
    12-26-14 04:51 PM
    Sighh.. Why are there so many problems on the Telkomsel network. What is wrong with their backend network? When I travel to SIngapore on SingTel, everything is smooth, problem free and fast internet speed.

- Charles
    12-27-14 12:11 AM
    It's conspiracy just saying Lol

BlackBerry Passport
    12-27-14 12:18 AM
109 12345