I think this is a very niche question as most of you are not from Indonesia, let alone on Indonesia's mobile provider, Telkomsel.

Anyway, I am having some issues from this mobile provider (Telkomsel).

1. SIM CARD ISSUE
      When I insert my SIM Card, it says SIM CARD NOT DETECTED. Its not as if you need a degree to learn how to insert the sim card or whatever but it is definitely not easy. Basically I need to insert the sim card all the way in, wait for 2-3 seconds until the SIM card is detected before releasing it and let the SIM holder lock it. Initially, I thought it was a problem phone but when I insert other SIM cards (XL or SingTel), no such issue. Also, every time I restart my phone, the "SIM CARD NOT DETECTED" appears again. I went to Telkomsel and have the SIM Card replaced 3 times and all of them have the same issue.
      -
    2. No BB Icon
      On Telkomsel, I will still maintain data connection (browser works but BBM not ok) but there is no BB logo at the top right hand side. I need to switch off my mobile connection and turn it on again. Sometimes 2-3 times. This problem also occurs even when I am on WIFI.

Anyone on Telkomsel experiencing the same problem as I?
    12-04-14 10:13 AM
    gan, i feel your pain!! particularly for the incident no. 2... yeah it is.. and it just happens so randomly. you might be on the same boat with me now as our carrier is having a thorough network upgrade in which some batches of customers are impacted (that's what i heard from the call centre + GraPari..) resulting in this kind of yeah.. stupid issue.. \

it happens on me almost everyday, especially if i'm suddenly connected to the wifi then the connection cuts out, the internet is intermittent and no BB connection unless i toggle the mobile network, leave it for around 15-30 seconds and turn it back on, then everything is refreshed & back.

as for the issue no 1, i'm afraid bro, there might be (i said, might be) a hardware issue with the sim holder. you'd better give it a check for that.

keep in touch bro, keep in touch.

other passport & telkomsel users, sound off please, if this really is an issue with our carrier then we can do something together.
    12-04-14 08:43 PM
    For the second issue, I think someone at Kaskus said that the issue occurred due to adPop, by Telkomsel. So whenever the ad kicked in, the BB logo disappeared temporarily. No issue with other carrier though. You might want to contact or come to GraPari to disable the ad.

For the first issue, I can't help much but to suggest a theory. Go change your nanoSIM to normal SIM and then cut it to nanoSIM size. The normal SIM is a bit thicker than the nanoSIM as far as I know, thus hopefully will make the SIM card stays connected. Well, just a suggestion though. Try get a new normal SIM and cut it, before trying with your primary number though.
    12-04-14 10:37 PM
    For the second issue, I think someone at Kaskus said that the issue occurred due to adPop, by Telkomsel. So whenever the ad kicked in, the BB logo disappeared temporarily. No issue with other carrier though. You might want to contact or come to GraPari to disable the ad.

For the first issue, I can't help much but to suggest a theory. Go change your nanoSIM to normal SIM and then cut it to nanoSIM size. The normal SIM is a bit thicker than the nanoSIM as far as I know, thus hopefully will make the SIM card stays connected. Well, just a suggestion though. Try get a new normal SIM and cut it, before trying with your primary number though.
    Ah.. so AdPop is the culprit? thanks for the info! alright then i'll try to disable this and hopefully this should end the problem FOR GOOD!
    12-04-14 10:57 PM
    Thanks!! I did call their customer service to disable the AdPop in the morning and I got an SMS at night confirming that the AdPop been disabled. But later that night, I got the same No BBM logo again. I am going to monitor this in the next few days to confirm if AdPop really solve my problem.

Regarding SIM Card, are you on Telkomsel? Are you using their NanoSIM card?

- Charles
    12-05-14 10:16 PM
    Diamplas gan biar tipis di kerok pakai cutter simcardnya
    Aman

Coba ke setting gan about -network-register BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:20 PM
    Sama sama on issue number two but not to the extent of your issue I think. No SIM card problems (also with Telkomsel).

My big problem is I can't get registered for a data package and am spending far more in pulsa without one. Telkomsel said the problem is the passport can't send text messages to numbers with less than four digits (in Indonesia) so their system does not register my choices. I'm sceptical -- and a little poorer.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:25 PM
    Sama sama on issue number two but not to the extent of your issue I think. No SIM card problems (also with Telkomsel).

My big problem is I can't get registered for a data package and am spending far more in pulsa without one. Telkomsel said the problem is the passport can't send text messages to numbers with less than four digits (in Indonesia) so their system does not register my choices. I'm sceptical -- and a little poorer.

Posted via CB10
    What data plan do you have on your Telkomsel?

- Charles
    12-06-14 12:26 AM
    Hai.. I'am also use Telkomsel as my carrier. Since day one I use my Passport, I dont have problems as OP did
    I installed the SIM card without any problem, even I cut it by my self from Micro SIM. Until now it works very well at my device. Once I experienced just like OP, that BlackBerry logo not appear. But after I restart my Passport, it never happen again.
    But I feel your pain, hopefully.. it get fixed soon

Proud to be Indonesian with BlackBerry Passport
    12-06-14 01:24 AM
    I don't have a registered SIM or plan. I would sign up for a Flash>Ultima>etc... package each month on my Z30.

Got a new nano SIM (with old number), run through the same process but never get a package.

Telkomsel blames the phone, but I put my SIM in an iPhone 5s and couldn't register then either. I suspect the card.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:26 AM
    Maybe its time to move on to other carrier?....Im using Indosat and i dont have any problem at all even Im using leaked os 10.3.1.1154
    12-06-14 03:14 AM
    Aman

Posted via CB10
    Wah saya baru tau kalo ada menu "register BlackBerry" gan Usman, bole dicoba nih kalo Passport saya lg gak bisa register ke bb services, mantap gan!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ah.. i got what you meant. It's not related to the phone, it's BB10's OS anomaly, causing the inability for us to REPLY any sms from any short number destination e.g. 3636/9999/8899 etc, for some reason the OS prohibits us from REPLYING to those numbers, hence we always get an X mark with an error message.

However, there is a workaround. Instead of REPLYING to that message, what you have to do are:
    - when the sms comes in, take a note / a screen shot of that sms (if it contains certain codes / instructions you need to type on your reply)
    - DELETE that sms, COMPLETELY
    - then, you compose a FRESH, NEW SMS to the NUMBER that you need to reply together with the text you need to send
    - it will work.

E.g. If you receive an sms from say, 3636 asking you to reply with certain codes, quickly take a screen shot of that sms, then DELETE that sms completely. Then you compose a NEW sms to 3636 with your reply. It will work.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:39 AM
    Hai.. I'am also use Telkomsel as my carrier. Since day one I use my Passport, I dont have problems as OP did
    I installed the SIM card without any problem, even I cut it by my self from Micro SIM. Until now it works very well at my device. Once I experienced just like OP, that BlackBerry logo not appear. But after I restart my Passport, it never happen again.
    But I feel your pain, hopefully.. it get fixed soon

Proud to be Indonesian with BlackBerry Passport
    Might be there is some compatibility configuration issue between Telkomsel and our Passports.. compiled with their network upgrades + AdPop, yeah what a recipe! I think as early adopters yeah sometimes we have to bear this consequence..

Dear BlackBerry & Telkomsel, please work together to fix this issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:41 AM
    I dont think disabling AdPop will stop the No BB logo problem. The AdPop is not new on Telkomsel and when I use Blackberry Q10, no such issue. I felt that its only recently where they implement this new program where BBM service will free if you get one of their data plan.

"* Starting October 21st, all Telkomsel customers can use BBM service by using the said data plan without additional charge"
    Taken from Paket Telkomsel Flash - Telkomsel

Basically, I am still experiencing this problem even after AdPop being disabled. I am going to continue monitoring for the next few days and see if problem persist.

- Charles
    12-06-14 01:18 PM
    I dont think disabling AdPop will stop the No BB logo problem. The AdPop is not new on Telkomsel and when I use Blackberry Q10, no such issue. I felt that its only recently where they implement this new program where BBM service will free if you get one of their data plan.

"* Starting October 21st, all Telkomsel customers can use BBM service by using the said data plan without additional charge"
    Taken from Paket Telkomsel Flash - Telkomsel

Basically, I am still experiencing this problem even after AdPop being disabled. I am going to continue monitoring for the next few days and see if problem persist.

- Charles
    That's why, it's more to the configuration incompatibility here.. hhm..

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 04:34 PM
    Not only passport, other bb10 devices have the same issue when use telkomsel, no bb logo icon.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 05:18 PM
    Ah.. i got what you meant. It's not related to the phone, it's BB10's OS anomaly, causing the inability for us to REPLY any sms from any short number destination e.g. 3636/9999/8899 etc, for some reason the OS prohibits us from REPLYING to those numbers, hence we always get an X mark with an error message.

However, there is a workaround. Instead of REPLYING to that message, what you have to do are:
    - when the sms comes in, take a note / a screen shot of that sms (if it contains certain codes / instructions you need to type on your reply)
    - DELETE that sms, COMPLETELY
    - then, you compose a FRESH, NEW SMS to the NUMBER that you need to reply together with the text you need to send
    - it will work.

E.g. If you receive an sms from say, 3636 asking you to reply with certain codes, quickly take a screen shot of that sms, then DELETE that sms completely. Then you compose a NEW sms to 3636 with your reply. It will work.

Posted via CB10
    Holy crap it worked! Two people in my office and the Telkomsel rep were unable to sort it out and I had given up hope. Many, many thanks.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren and yvpan1 like this.
    12-06-14 07:05 PM
    Not only passport, other bb10 devices have the same issue when use telkomsel, no bb logo icon.

Posted via CB10
    I used to use the Z30 with my HALO before and I've never had this kind of issue.. if that happens to you, perhaps you might wanna check your simcard condition whether it is still in a good condition.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:04 AM
    Not only passport, other bb10 devices (i was try on z10 & Q5 have the same issue when use telkomsel, no bb logo icon.
    Year BlackBerry & Telkomsel, peace work together to fix this issu or make a special radio provider Indonesian..Please!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 08:59 AM
    I used to use the Z30 with my HALO before and I've never had this kind of issue.. if that happens to you, perhaps you might wanna check your simcard condition whether it is still in a good condition.

Posted via CB10
    I don't use telkomsel. I have XL and i dont have this issue. I heard that many complaints about this issue in kaskus and facebook group, from telkomsel users

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 01:15 PM
    Aman

Posted via CB10
    sudah saya coba gan usman, hhm.. gak bisa gan, memang statusnya "registered to BB services" tapi logo BB gak kunjung2 muncul, malah lebih cepet refresh sinyal on/off gan.. hhm..

so guys, shall we conclude that this is due to Telkomsel's network issue?? as i've heard here day by day, more & more of us on Telkomsel are experiencing this issue too.

NOTE: just noticed last night, my dad's passport was acting the same, suddenly no BB connectivity --> he is on INDOSAT. i tried to "register to BB" and after a couple of minutes, the BB logo was back online. so???
    12-07-14 08:02 PM
    Hi ypvan I would like to invite you to join my group BlackBerry 10 indonesia if you interested just Bbm me pin:2BE17230

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-07-14 09:27 PM
    I have had this issue since the first day of using 10.3.1 on both of Z30 & Z10 ( they are both on KartuHalo Telkomsel). Took a long time to connect to BlackBerry server.

What I did was to replace the APN setting. Go to Settings -> Networks and Connections -> Mobile Network -> on bottom bar click APN -> replace default setting "Internet" with "telkomsel" without quote marks. Once it's saved cycling Airplane Mode on / off. Never having this issue since then.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 09:51 PM
    I have had this issue since the first day of using 10.3.1 on both of Z30 & Z10 ( they are both on KartuHalo Telkomsel). Took a long time to connect to BlackBerry server.

What I did was to replace the APN setting. Go to Settings -> Networks and Connections -> Mobile Network -> on bottom bar click APN -> replace default setting "Internet" with "telkomsel" without quote marks. Once it's saved cycling Airplane Mode on / off. Never having this issue since then.

Posted via CB10
    I see. So you replaced the APN? Could you tell us a bit more? Any username/password you need to put in as well? As "Internet" APN is the standard APN, it doesn't need any other credentials just the APN that's all.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:50 AM
109 123 ...