Yep, swiping to change characters, and flicking words just like on the Z's. The keyboard also works as the track pad

Posted with my Z10
    wich part of the keyboard is the trackpad? the spacebar?
    06-21-14 04:59 PM
    I don't know that bit. I just read about the keyboard being the track pad

Posted with my Z10
    06-21-14 05:01 PM
    The Passport is made specifically to post emotionally-charged, angry, punctuation-devoid rants on the CB forums.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 05:02 PM
    Take your seat... the whole keyboard!!
    When you open a web page for example, "caressing"/swiping on the keyboard moves the page!! (to read up/down/to the sides, for example when you zoom a bit)...
    I saw John swiping on it (on the video) and the screen changed... so swiping/gestures can be made from the key surface!?!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    06-21-14 05:04 PM
    Take your seat... the whole keyboard!!
    When you open a web page for example, "caressing"/swiping on the keyboard moves the page!! (to read up/down/to the sides, for example when you zoom a bit)...
    I saw John swiping on it (on the video) and the screen changed... so swiping/gestures can be made from the key surface!?!

Which is pretty cool

Posted with my Z10
    06-21-14 05:07 PM
    So each key has a screen behind it and will change to numbers/symbols when you swipe on it?
    06-21-14 05:54 PM
    Bb10 doesn't even need a snapdragon 800. If you want your specs go to android and go away
    nightridah and CeCoQ like this.
    06-21-14 05:56 PM
    Bb10 doesn't even need a snapdragon 800. If you want your specs go to android and go away
    It doesnt hurt either, but yeah, only android need the specs, BB10 and IOS have a very snappy performance runing just dual cores, seem more efficient operative systems.
    Althought a resolution of 1440x1440 will need some extra bit of power
    06-21-14 06:23 PM
    It already has 3gb of ram that's more than enough to run 1440 resolution with 8 apps running
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    06-21-14 06:24 PM
    It already has 3gb of ram that's more than enough to run 1440 resolution with 8 apps running
    Yeah but you know how the market works.... people want specs to brag about, its like the useless huge amount of megapixels in cameras.
    Passport is a flagship phone, so has to have flagship specs.

you can see how android people bash the inferior iphone specs, when the iphone proved to be faster in the real word usage.... people want the numbers to tell the friends and make arguments on the internet
    06-21-14 06:36 PM
    Yep, swiping to change characters, and flicking words just like on the Z's. The keyboard also works as the track pad

Posted with my Z10
    Correct, except the characters don't change. Virtual keys come up above the keyboard.
    Swipe down, illumination of the keys will change accordingly and repectively of the other characters like those in print on previous BB's.

- that are may you gotta pass a test that you're a hardcore BB user and you KNOW where each symbol is when you use the ALT key
    Seriously, stop spreading false information. The keys don't change. They are static. The swipe, etc. gestures will bring up virtual keys on the display above the keyboard. From there you can select other characters. There is no OLED live keyboard thing going on here at all. With that said it is possible that a certain gesture may invoke alternate keys to be typed by pressing a key on the physical keyboard but this would be confusing with the current implementation because there is nothing but alphabet characters printed on the keyboard. Most likely any symbols, special characters, and numbers will be virtual above the physical keyboard.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    CeCoQ and Grzesiek Godlewski like this.
    06-21-14 07:10 PM
    Like I said it's double click

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    06-21-14 07:15 PM
    Yeah but you know how the market works.... people want specs to brag about, its like the useless huge amount of megapixels in cameras.
    Passport is a flagship phone, so has to have flagship specs.

you can see how android people bash the inferior iphone specs, when the iphone proved to be faster in the real word usage.... people want the numbers to tell the friends and make arguments on the internet
    Software> hardware is all i got to say.
    06-21-14 07:20 PM
    this phone fascinates me...it might just be the quantum leap forward form an unorthodox angle
    06-21-14 11:43 PM
    The keys are touch sensitive... Either swiping/flicking, or may be a "secret" technology that changes the key-display??
    That's it, guys: swipe up and the keys turn their displayed letter into numbers and symbols!?!

I hope the keyboard is like a screen... like the Z series keyboard... swipe and change the caract�re on it ! hope that sensitive keyboard is like that... if it's that... I need the BlackBerry Passport !

Post from my Z3 Jakarta ed.
    06-22-14 02:06 AM
    Wow.. lot of guessing.

I'm NDA'ed but at least two people in this thread got it right.

I can tell you however that the individual keys are not changing (e.g. mini OLED screens). It would cost a fortune!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 02:35 AM
    Symbols appear on the screen for selection. The keyboard does not change. Huge let down.

Posted via CB10
    jpvj likes this.
    06-22-14 03:03 AM
    Doesn't matter as long as the keys are there. I can't wait to get one into my hands and give it a spin. I like the looks of the passport.

I Already have the funds set aside for it. As soon as it's released, I am clicking the "buy" button on the Blackberry website.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    Chriz likes this.
    06-22-14 04:15 AM
    It's a test device. BlackBerry knows it's weird and ugly but they will sell it for the innovative keyboard. They can make it look better, but that's for the next model. That's the strategy.

But they need to make a good after sales support as this will have all sorts of glitches. As the keyboard it reactive, simply resting your thumb on it may open an app. I always slide my thumbs across the keyboard while writing. So what happens when you accidentally swipe? The page changes? The symbols keypad appear and change the view your typing at? They must have implemented the feature very well to confidently add this to their prime device.

BBQ10
    06-22-14 05:07 AM
    Well, how will you do this on the passport?
    Press and hold the letter key. Same way you do it on any BlackBerry for the last 15 years or so.

Q10
    06-22-14 07:04 AM
    So you ask how to type uppercase on a BlackBerry qwerty device? Press & hold the letter to capitalize.

Q10
    Exactly. This has always been the staple on BlackBerry.
    06-22-14 07:35 AM
    That would be awesome
    And very very expensive. I hope thats not the case.
    06-22-14 08:02 AM
    It's a test device. BlackBerry knows it's weird and ugly but they will sell it for the innovative keyboard. They can make it look better, but that's for the next model. That's the strategy.

But they need to make a good after sales support as this will have all sorts of glitches. As the keyboard it reactive, simply resting your thumb on it may open an app. I always slide my thumbs across the keyboard while writing. So what happens when you accidentally swipe? The page changes? The symbols keypad appear and change the view your typing at? They must have implemented the feature very well to confidently add this to their prime device.

BBQ10
    Looks like the final version to me.
    CeCoQ likes this.
    06-22-14 08:12 AM
    Looks like the final version to me.
    BB10 released initially at 10.0 and it was horrible. 10.2.1 became the acceptable one. Do you think 10.3 is good enough for the passport?

BBQ10
    06-22-14 09:25 AM
    These keyboards are going to be so shiny with wear along the swiping line. The keys should be stainless steel, too, if you ask me. Just wait, passport keyboards will get grosser faster than any previous BlackBerry kb.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:34 AM
100 1234