Hey guys, I have some issues with my Passport. Ever since a few months ago, it would not let me verify my blackberry ID. Ive changed my id password and still not getting any response after i enter my password in the verify page. So that is issue one, now since i cannot login to my blackberry ID, a lot of the apps wont update or are asking me to login to ID before updating. I've looked up nearly all options on here and still not working. I think i need to do a hard reset. I have took all the important information i need from the phone so do not have to worry about backing it up (which still requires me to login with my id...). Now Ive looked online for all options of resetting the phone. I need a HARD RESET. The options ive seen online are not working. 1. BB Link (some reason when i connect the phone with the USB it doesnt show up on Link or my computer (i enabled mass data storage settings already on the phone). but when i connect to the phone. it says device is connected to the PC your media files are only accessible on your pc... sooo link is not working either. 2. i tried to dial the code #*123456*# (somehting i saw online...still not working). 3. holding down return button and shift button at the same time isnt working either. 4. holding the two volume keys is a soft reset. I need help guys. Any other options on a HARD RESET?
    07-10-16 03:34 AM
    Well No1.. you should not enable mass storage, just toggle them all to off in the USB menu. Than you should be able to use link..

Maybe a dumb question, but r u sure you've used the correct password? Might be a typo when entering the password for the first time (when changing it)

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    07-10-16 04:04 AM
    Thank for the reply Erik,

When i do not enable the mass storage in settings, nothing happens when i plug the USB in (it just starts charging). I read online that u have to turn on the enable mass storage in settings. (only when I turn that setting on, it shows the "device is connected to PC, media files are only ....etc") *Link will not detect device with the mass storage settings On or Off* Also, yes, I enable password viewer and ensured that the password is the right one. I even changed it a few times and still nothing works.
    07-10-16 04:10 AM
    Hmm sometimes I have the same problem with link not responding.. usually a few disconnect - reconnect solves it... you can of course wipe your device, but if you have protect enabled it will still ask for your password once it has been wiped..

Weird issue you've got here haha

07-10-16 06:01 AM
    I'm really stuck with this one. Anyone have any other inputs? THANKS!
    07-10-16 10:10 AM
    Go to setting, security and privacy, security wipe.
    Now start anew

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 11:20 AM
    Unfortunately I cannot do a security wipe as whenever I enter my BB ID password, nothing happens. It just stays at the same screen. Doesn't say wrong pw either.
    07-11-16 01:00 AM
    Can you login from your pc protect.blackberry.com?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 01:27 PM

07-11-16 02:56 PM
    Good morning to do a hard reset you need to hold down the Power button along with the Volume up and down button at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:41 AM
    If all that you are trying doesn't work, you can always call BlackBerry customer service

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:43 AM
    07-13-16 05:47 AM
    To reset the Passport, hold the power for ten seconds. See page 133 in the Blackberry Passport Smartphone Version 10.3.2 User Guide

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 06:35 PM