I finally found a flip case for my passport and with huge disappointment discovered it had a sticky back instead of having the Passport snap into the case. I'm quite disappointed. There is no way I could purchase the flip case. My z10 flip case was amazing. Snapped into place and held up for a long time.

My question is whether there is a flip case that snaps into place? No way can I go with a flip case with a sticky back.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:53 PM
    The back itself is disappointing

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:56 PM
    Is this the official BlackBerry flip case?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    10-31-14 10:54 PM
    The case does have a sticky back but I think it's awesome. I've only had it for for a couple days but I love how thin it is. It holds incredibly well. I had the Z10 and the flip shell case and but I did not like how bulky it made it feel so I eventually bought the case that replaced the battery door. I also read that the phone can be re-stuck like 2000 times. I also was able to remove the sim cover on my passport without removing the case.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    11-01-14 12:08 AM
    Wow so it is confusing. I go back and forth with this flip case and can't really decide yet. How exactly is this sticky back thing?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:10 AM
    Give it a try.....
    11-01-14 12:10 AM
    11-01-14 12:57 AM
    Vertical Flip makes sense while Horizontal one doesn't IMO! I feel the HardShell case is far more meaningful.
    11-01-14 01:22 AM
    I've been using Mont Blanc passport cover, anyone else think that Mont Blanc should make a case for the passport? I mean they already have a passport leather passport holder, all they need to do is attach clip to hold BlackBerry passport in place :P

Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.1016 ?
    11-01-14 01:47 AM
    The adhesive has been discussed quite a bit already before you could actually buy the case. However I think it is kinda sad the items description doesn't really mention the new way the device is being hold in place.
    I'll receive mine next week and will see how it works out for me.

You can try taking a look at noreve.com for high quality leather cases. Those are traditional snap-in cases. Unfortunately they haven't released their Passport products yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:43 AM
    Mine doesn't fit right either. I don't mind the sticky back but the fact that the front flap won't lay flat defeats the magnet. I know the phone is centered right by the camera hole and if I was to move it out from the hing it would stick out past the case. Hoping it stretches a bit.
    11-01-14 11:28 AM
    I'm actually quite happy with the flip case. It won't protect the phone during drops, but I think it looks great and the cover closes almost flat.
    It's not perfect, but it's flat enough that I can still see the LED light blink through the cover.

I currently have the black one and I enjoy it so much that I am considering on purchasing the tan colored one as well.
    10-14-15 10:42 PM
    I had the same response with the flip case. Did not care for it. The sticky back always just felt like the phone was going to fall out.

Switched to the Ultra Thin Fosmon case. Works great for me and still fits in my pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Pas...UvbUpU11994377

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 12:27 AM
    I've had the oem flip on for ten months, it does lie perfectly flat and will not allow the phone to fall out, I lined it up so that the cut out for the camera sits 2mm or around 1/8 an inch off centre to the right as the user holds it and that allowed for perfect alignment of the led and also clearance for the flap to lay flat.
    The case ages very well and looks much better now then it did when bought and also has a rather fetching scar where it did protect my screen from a knock that would of been pretty bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 01:55 AM
    I've had the oem flip on for ten months, it does lie perfectly flat and will not allow the phone to fall out, I lined it up so that the cut out for the camera sits 2mm or around 1/8 an inch off centre to the right as the user holds it and that allowed for perfect alignment of the led and also clearance for the flap to lay flat.
    The case ages very well and looks much better now then it did when bought and also has a rather fetching scar where it did protect my screen from a knock that would of been pretty bad.

Posted via CB10
    I would prefer the rear camera cut-out to be perfectly aligned so that's how I stuck the flip cover on.

So far, I've had the flip cover on for only 6 days and the cover is almost perfectly flat. When closed the gap is usually around 3/4" but after it is closed for few minutes, it settles down to around 5/8" or sometimes only 1/4" gap which doesn't bother me. The earpiece and LED lines up almost perfectly as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 06:47 AM