Hello all,
    After 3 years using a windows Nokia 920 I decided to try out BB10 passport . After using it for a day I have a couple initial thoughts:
    1. I love the design of the passport. It is a gorgeous device and I love the screen.
    2. BB10 is a very powerful and interesting operating system. I love the Hub and the BlackBerry twitter app.
    3. The Browser is pretty great.
    4. The phone paired easily with my car (a newer Volvo)
    5. Battery life is way better then my Nokia
    6. App selection is pretty bad. Don't really care too much I don't use apps much and the windows phone app situation was not much better. Any game suggestions would be appreciated though.
    7. Doesn't seem quite as fluid or smooth as my windows phone. Couldn't imagine being satisfied with the performance of the classic.

So in summary I am pretty happy so far. I might keep posting about my experience going forward.

Cheers
    Mitch

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 06:44 PM
    Cool. Continue to post for sure, will be interesting to see what you think and how your preferences evolve over time. What do you think of the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 06:49 PM
    Great choice for a phone!!! Keep us posted on how it is compared to a Windows phone..especially in managing multiple emails... I never used a windows phone before.. I love the hub on bb10. It keeps all my messages organized..

I've been using the Passport since it's launched. It's a solid, reliable phone.

Interested on your personal opinion between the windows phone and bb10 OS

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:01 PM
    Thanks for warm welcome guys. As to your questions:
    1. The keyboard is very slick. I really like the touch sensitive features. That said I am still getting used to it and am way slower than I was with the touchscreen keyboard. I hope that changes soon.
    2. So far the email on the Passport seems much more advanced than the windows phone. A lot more customization options. I do miss the live tiles and the glance screen from my Nokia though. I also miss the Nokia music app. It was free and very good.

Quick question, any way to get music on the passport without using blend? My mac is too old to run blend unless I do a system update.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 08:47 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I like the keyboard and the touch feature is awesome. However I am still getting used to it and I am not nearly as fast as I was on myself Nokia yet.

The email on the BlackBerry seems much more fully featured than the windows one. Still early days though.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 08:51 PM
    Welcome to the Passport Family, Mitch!

As far as apps are concerned, I installed Google's Play Store and got all I need.

While those apps doesnt integrate with the hub, they work fairly well from a functional and performance perspective.

Enjoy your Passport and keep your questions and comments coming!

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-14-15 10:12 PM
    I just ordered my second Passport, the Red one. Looking forward to migrating my work to these machines. The laptops are just too heavy and annoying.

Passport is amazing. You will surely enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    10-14-15 11:03 PM