Has anyone got the passport on the EE network. They told me a number of things:

That it did not pass there tests and that is why they are not stocking it at the moment.

That they are NOT going to stock it.

Now I can get it using carphone warehouse and put it onto the EE network. But I would like to know that it work fine on it and the first statement from EE was a lie.

Please help.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:37 PM
    Working fine on EE 4G. I have my account with EE4G and moved to a nano sim and put in my Passport. Works great
    11-10-14 02:44 PM
    EE are just a bunch of clueless idiots, of course the Passport will work on their network lol.

Only reason they won't stock it is because they their noses so far up apple and android's smelly backsides.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:47 PM
    Got mine through CPW and no issues! Pretty straightforward and good thing the phone is unlocked to all networks which is a bonus.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:49 PM
    I went into a CW on my to work..i am on EE too...i can have a free upgrade in Dec.....the store I went into did not have any passports on display...i ask the nice young lady behind the desk about the passport..became very apparent very quickly she had no idea what I was talking about...after much pushing of buttons she informed me that I can just order a passport and it will be delivered to the store next day......

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 03:38 PM
    It will work 100% with EE, many people are using unlocked Passports on EE without any issue
    11-10-14 03:57 PM
    It's a GSM (and successors) phone - it'll work.

Mine is on Virgin mobile, which is an EE VMO and works perfectly.

EE are talking through an orifice not normally associated with verbal communication.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 04:35 PM
    hehe, I second what marshalla99 said!
    11-10-14 04:39 PM
    Has anyone got the passport on the EE network. They told me a number of things:

That it did not pass there tests and that is why they are not stocking it at the moment.

That they are NOT going to stock it.

Now I can get it using carphone warehouse and put it onto the EE network. But I would like to know that it work fine on it and the first statement from EE was a lie.

Please help.

Posted via CB10
    Who are "they"? Someone in an authoritative position or a CSR? I'm not saying EE will carry the Passport. I'm just wondering about the "it didn't pass our test" comment.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 05:12 PM
    I've just had delivery of mine today. I got it thru Carphone Warehouse on EE in the end as Orange continued to maintain that they would not be getting it!

I have it on a business account & upgraded to EE for 4G. Also, I've insured it thru my bank so won't have to pay CPW expensive prices for their cover.

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    11-10-14 06:01 PM
    I am also due an EE upgrade in December as I'm sure a lot of the original takers of the first Z10s are. However, the mandatory move from Orange to EE (to get 4G access they insisted) has been one disaster after another. I have neither the time nor, I'm sure do all of you, the inclination to detail all of the problems I've encountered - let's just say that EEs customer service is appalling and leave it as that. So, with that in mind I am VERY reluctant to take advantage of my EE upgrade in December, and instead, bite the bullet, cancel my contract with EE and pay the 2 remaining months to get released and enjoy the Passport on someone else's far more deserving network.......
    11-11-14 04:14 AM
    Like you, I have haven't had much joy since T-Mobile became EE. However, to get the coverage I've switched to a SIM only deal and buy my own handsets outright. So far, I haven't had need to return a faulty handset and it's working well:
    • I have avoided the EE unhelpful sales department
    • got the handset I want
    • whilst saving a mint in costs!
    11-11-14 05:07 AM
    I often wonder what goes on at EE towers.

They always (as T-Mobile in pre-EE days) were the last to get the latest handsets and used to tell me they wouldn't stock the phone/may be getting it later/getting it next week. Always a catch up with them where the story unfolded over several calls over several weeks...this may have carried over?

Or, when they say "it didn't pass the tests" mean it didn't pass their economic tests, rather than the network compatibility tests?!
    11-11-14 05:15 AM