What the best earphones for BlackBerry Passport? I'm audiophile

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 07:47 AM
    Well, if you were truly audiophile, you would probably start with the best music player (neutron) and then which DAC to use <grin>

OK, humour aside, you need to be a bit more specific about what you like, whether it's a nicely decorated sound with strong bass or rather hearing the music as it was mixed ('flat' response, typically delivered by studio monitors)

There are plenty of sites dedicated on the subject which will discuss, ad nauseam, the subject as there are always new models on the market.

You'll also find fairly quick that comfort, after a few hours, becomes more important than sound. Also, don't neglect built-in microphone quality.

If you want a no brainer for commute, the Bose earphones with noise cancellation are apparently very good and are sold wired and wireless.

If budget is not an issue, the IE800 from sennheiser is truly an audiophile product and an amazing one, too.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 09:59 AM
    Love the jaybird freedoms X3

Also the bluebuds X3 are good.
    06-24-17 10:08 AM
    What the best earphones for BlackBerry Passport? I'm audiophile

Posted via CB10
    I recommend RHA T20/T20i.
    It came with 3 different head screws which change between bass / flat / Treble which is very GooD!
    https://www.rha-audio.com/eu/products/t20
    About DAC you'd better to search over net and read reviews from people and experts!
    About neutron being best music player I shall disagree!
    Personally use TTPod which suites my needs very GooD!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 12:04 PM
    Before sorry everyone, I mean the best for budget *embarassed*

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 12:09 PM
    [QUOTE=Izzudin Hamasah;12938193]Before sorry everyone, I mean the best for budget *embarassed*

"Small" difference... Innefidelity has a few decent suggestions, depends on how small your budget is.

I have a few decent earbuds and headphones, the Passport doesn't sound bad but I can hear a clear difference with my old Sony z1060 dap and Merdian Explorer. Having been on this road before, you might want to save until you get something that makes a difference *to you* instead of spending on a bunch of merely ok audio gear.
    06-24-17 01:11 PM
    I consider myself to be an audiophile with experience on countless headphones, dacs, any kind of music player and formats you can imagine. the headphone output of Passport is really good. very dark background, excellent frequence response. the passport pairs great with Roland RH-300 headphones which are made for critical studio listening. very enjoyable, calm sound with nothing coming between you and the music.
    I am a big fan of MASH based dacs developed by Panasonic/Technics during the 80s. Still using my SL-SX510 panasonic portable cd player and JVC DX1000 headphones for ultimate experience, but for all other times Passport / Roland RH-300 combination is the next best thing I've heard so far. And I've listened to many expensive and sophisticated gear.
    this combination has a soul and pulls you right into the music. that doesn't happen often, especially with Audiophiles who can hardly stop themselves from over analyzing the audio gear.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 11:12 AM
    Sony XB earbuds 50AP minimum. Volume and clarity is great, the cables are solid too. Their hybrid driver earbuds seem cool lol. Worth it.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-18 05:00 AM
    I consider myself to be an audiophile with experience on countless headphones, dacs, any kind of music player and formats you can imagine. the headphone output of Passport is really good. very dark background, excellent frequence response. the passport pairs great with Roland RH-300 headphones which are made for critical studio listening. very enjoyable, calm sound with nothing coming between you and the music.
    I am a big fan of MASH based dacs developed by Panasonic/Technics during the 80s. Still using my SL-SX510 panasonic portable cd player and JVC DX1000 headphones for ultimate experience, but for all other times Passport / Roland RH-300 combination is the next best thing I've heard so far. And I've listened to many expensive and sophisticated gear.
    this combination has a soul and pulls you right into the music. that doesn't happen often, especially with Audiophiles who can hardly stop themselves from over analyzing the audio gear.

Posted via CB10
    Get a Sennheiser IE 800. This are probably the best ear buds money can buy. Pricey but 'made in Germany' and ceramic.
    11-16-18 05:23 AM
    Before sorry everyone, I mean the best for budget *embarassed*

Posted via CB10
    Ok. In that case -and I know it is like cursing in a church- why not try the Apple wired earbuds? I was using a pair recently and they sounded actually very good with decent bass performance.
    11-16-18 05:26 AM
    Get a Sennheiser IE 800. This are probably the best ear buds money can buy. Pricey but 'made in Germany' and ceramic.
    I find using ear buds pretty uncomfortable but that's a personal preference. Also 'made in Germany' doesn't really do it for me when it comes to electronics. I prefer Japanese. That's yet another personal preference

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 06:24 AM
    $630 on Amazon. That's insane. I had no idea what "pricey" might mean in this discussion, I was shocked...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-18 01:11 PM
    well, 500-550 usd is where true audiophile headphone prices start actually between 500-1000 range there are some amazing ones like the fostex th900

Posted via CB10
    11-17-18 08:11 PM
    but I would certainly not pay that price for ear buds. there are certain spatial qualities an ear bud simply cannot reproduce. the driver simply needs bigger size and room for that

Posted via CB10
    11-17-18 08:13 PM