I'd get another one today. Depends on your needs though. If you're aware of the current 'state' of BB10 and that no further major updates to the OS or Android runtime are forthcoming.

Call / audio quality is excellent, LTE is fast, sms, email, browser will continue to work indefinitely... I suspect most Android apps on JB will be fine for the near future as well (a few years).

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 07:25 AM
    Without question. Great phone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    06-20-16 09:29 AM
    Hell yeah ! Mine's on the way.
    Passport se � note 5 � priv � passport og

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-20-16 11:51 AM
    Hell yeah ! Mine's on the way.
    Passport se � note 5 � priv � passport og

Interesting, so you used to use the Passport Silver Edition, and now are going back to the original version of the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 12:29 PM
    Interesting, so you used to use the Passport Silver Edition, and now are going back to the original version of the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Yup.. With no offense..wasn't fond of the Silver edition's look. I love the signature silver frets between keys and that matte black look. Now that I used it, I wanna try the og.

06-20-16 12:38 PM
    Yup.. With no offense..wasn't fond of the Silver edition's look. I love the signature silver frets between keys and that matte black look. Now that I used it, I wanna try the og.

I actually have to agree with you! I also prefer the original black over the Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    kanungoash likes this.
    06-20-16 02:40 PM
    I prefer the original Passport as well.
    Reasons:
    - naked the orig. Is by far better to hold. Back is comfortable and more grip.
    - SE glass edges were not comfortable to use. Too sharp for me and feels thicker than orig.
    - love the black classic look
    - love the silver on black

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 03:31 PM
    Is there another device on the market that can do more than the Passport other than apps?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 06:31 PM
    I have an ATT Passport. I just bought a Oneplus 3 after owning a Passport for a little over a year now. The Passport is a great device, but other than the keyboard, I'm slowly losing my want for it. It's fun at first, but once you start having to do multiple work arounds to get things to work the experience becomes frustrating. For instance, the browser is the only way to interact with Facebook now compared to the native app that was previous available. For some reason, my browser crashes when I go to facebook directly. To get to Facebook without crashing, I have to go through my Facebook messages and then go to my Facebook home page from there. Odd right? And yeah, apps... using different websites is frustrating sometimes trying to do it all from the browser. So, I end up having to use my laptop instead. Also, snap is no longer supported so I think your only choices are the Amazon store and a few others. So, to mitigate all of that, I went ahead and bought an Android device and plan on installing the Blackberry hub and other features on it. But this is just my situation. It will all come down to what you're using it for. I was gonna upgrade to a Passport SE, but I grew tired of compromising and making excuses so yeah, bought an Android device. I don't think it makes sense to buy a Passport (especially the ATT version since it lacks accessory support) other than for its communication capabilities. You'll be pleased with it for awhile from the oh shiney effect, though.
    06-21-16 02:03 PM
    I actually have to agree with you! I also prefer the original black over the Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    Lol...talking against the SE in this forum needs a lot of guts.

06-21-16 02:53 PM
    It all depends on your needs and for me my Passport SE rocks. My Z10 is semi retired now. I found that I have been able to get the app's I needed from 9apps just need to watch run times and yes like Viber I know that version 5.6.5.1873 works best and not to upgrade to 6.0. I run 2 businesses and for work nothing is better IMO. And like stated above if something happened to my Passport SE I would replace it with another Passport. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE (10.3.2.2836) & Semi Retired Z10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-21-16 08:50 PM
    What about the whatsapp announcing about stop supporting OS10 after 2016? I mean, you can tell me "you got BlackBerry Messenger bro!" but is a fact your customers does not. So. That is a worry. Please, comments about this.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 01:12 PM
    Whatsapp? Who cares. Anyway I am in a professional business where texting or any DM is not really acceptable except for maybe to tell someone you are late for a meeting. Need to pass documents and have detailed conversations so emails are my main source of communication. It's the best way to still track communication and archive it. For friends I use BBM and they are on iphone and android so no issues using BBM. If they don't want to install BBM then simple texting is the universal choice.

All good.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 05:50 PM
    Whatsapp? Who cares. Anyway I am in a professional business where texting or any DM is not really acceptable except for maybe to tell someone you are late for a meeting. Need to pass documents and have detailed conversations so emails are my main source of communication. It's the best way to still track communication and archive it. For friends I use BBM and they are on iphone and android so no issues using BBM. If they don't want to install BBM then simple texting is the universal choice.

All good.

Posted via CB10
    BBM is a very good Choice, but if the other Person don't have a BlackBerry they can't use BBM to call or video call. It's only possible from BlackBerry to BlackBerry BBM.

So what's app is still important.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-25-16 01:43 PM
    I think it still makes sense to buy one today. If you need a lot of apps, this phone is not for you. If you need a phone that has amazing battery life, handles (emails, text, and calls), then this phone is for you.
    06-25-16 03:46 PM
    My wife has BBM on her galaxy s6 and I can call her with my passport through BBM.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 04:47 PM
    The Passport is the best YouTube video watching phone on the market. Far and away.
    06-25-16 08:39 PM
    I just bought my BlackBerry Passport SE a few days ago. So it's worth it.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 10:29 PM
    Q10 now, was using the 9900 most of the time before that. 9900 is better for music streaming, both in data saving and dependability to just keep on streaming. Part of what gave my Q10 the upper hand for me to stop switching the simcard, is I damaged the pins with a nano simcard adapter, so have it working now by bracing it in there with a thin piece of cardboard. Amazingly its perfectly functional. The Q10 makes a killer pocket-sized phone but so does the 9900.

the Passport is a great playtime browser as well, it took me forever to realize I could just turn it sideways to scroll with the keyboard touchpad vertically, only flipping it back over if I want to type something.

Today playing on my Leap, tho. What I think BlackBerry can help most everyone eventually realize is we all need ---a tiny keyboard phone for carrying everywhere, ---a bigger keyboard phone for serious work and play, and ---a slab phone, just BECAUSE.

Got a little off-topic again, sorry!
    Is practically the combo I use. Passport for work, Q10 for everything and a new Z30 for the weekends. I can't see changing that for years.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 01:59 AM
    The Passport is the best YouTube video watching phone on the market. Far and away.
    Are you watching YouTube Videos in the Browser or from the YouTube App from the BlackBerry World?

07-02-16 07:54 AM
    I have passport and I use whatsapp heavily to stay in touch with my friends and families. With no whatsapp from next yeaar I thought to switch to other mobile, but just cannt convince myself to go for android or iOS. They seem to be toys in front of this beast.
    If android version of whatsapp runs on my passport for another year or two then happy to stay with passport.
    Facebook app got discontinued but I have no problem using it on browser as am used to it now.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    07-02-16 10:46 AM
    Are you watching YouTube Videos in the Browser or from the YouTube App from the BlackBerry World?

me bought premium version of fast tube

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 11:18 AM
    I have passport and I use whatsapp heavily to stay in touch with my friends and families. With no whatsapp from next yeaar I thought to switch to other mobile, but just cannt convince myself to go for android or iOS. They seem to be toys in front of this beast.
    If android version of whatsapp runs on my passport for another year or two then happy to stay with passport.
    Facebook app got discontinued but I have no problem using it on browser as am used to it now.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    What makes you think what's app won't have a website version in a year or two. If people like using it so much then why don't they have a website?

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-02-16 11:24 AM
    I'm thinking of buying BB Passport and planning to use it in the next 2-3 years...still have lots of doubts...Would that be a good investment into the near future? thank you.
    Considering no other manufacture would make an all stainless steel phone on this scale for the dirt cheap price it's a no brainer.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-02-16 11:26 AM
    I picked up an original black Passport from Shop BlackBerry just over a month ago and I have no regrets whatsoever. This device allows me to work on documents on the fly, as well as read from my Kindle ebooks. Its battery lasts at least all day, and the call quality is second to none!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:08 AM
72 123