Are you watching YouTube Videos in the Browser or from the YouTube App from the BlackBerry World?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    There is no YouTube app in Blackberry World, just third party apps.
    07-05-16 10:24 AM
    The Passport is the best YouTube video watching phone on the market. Far and away.
    Lol, not sure why, but ok.
    07-05-16 10:25 AM
    What makes you think what's app won't have a website version in a year or two. If people like using it so much then why don't they have a website?

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    I would be happy if whatsapp comes up with Web version. I do the same for facebook currently and am okay with the degraged user experience.
    But if slowly it looses support from all famous apps then it will be really hard to stay on with BlackBerry. It's not good feeling that we are the 1% of mobile world who despite having excellent hardware have no access even to basic apps.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    07-05-16 05:30 PM
    Lol, not sure why, but ok.
    FastTube app with preloading
    Background video playing in browser
    Advert skipping
    Play/pause hardware key

It's far and away the best YouTube device on the market.
    07-05-16 08:52 PM
    Still love'n my PP SE.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:55 PM
    FastTube app with preloading
    Background video playing in browser
    Advert skipping
    Play/pause hardware key

It's far and away the best YouTube device on the market.
    I'll give you the hardware key but everything else is available on the other platforms.
    07-05-16 09:07 PM
    I'm getting a SE for Christmas. Can't wait to get back to BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-05-16 10:39 PM
    I have an ATT Passport. I just bought a Oneplus 3 after owning a Passport for a little over a year now. The Passport is a great device, but other than the keyboard, I'm slowly losing my want for it. It's fun at first, but once you start having to do multiple work arounds to get things to work the experience becomes frustrating. For instance, the browser is the only way to interact with Facebook now compared to the native app that was previous available. For some reason, my browser crashes when I go to facebook directly. To get to Facebook without crashing, I have to go through my Facebook messages and then go to my Facebook home page from there. Odd right? And yeah, apps... using different websites is frustrating sometimes trying to do it all from the browser. So, I end up having to use my laptop instead. Also, snap is no longer supported so I think your only choices are the Amazon store and a few others. So, to mitigate all of that, I went ahead and bought an Android device and plan on installing the Blackberry hub and other features on it. But this is just my situation. It will all come down to what you're using it for. I was gonna upgrade to a Passport SE, but I grew tired of compromising and making excuses so yeah, bought an Android device. I don't think it makes sense to buy a Passport (especially the ATT version since it lacks accessory support) other than for its communication capabilities. You'll be pleased with it for awhile from the oh shiney effect, though.
    For Facebook you can use the native app Face10.
    Snap is gone but you can install the Google Play Store thanks to Cobalt.
    There are also many great native apps : Blaq, Fastube, Nobex...

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    07-06-16 01:08 PM
    Great device, extremely fast processor. The camera is amazing. I have absolutely no regrets owning this device. I have been approached by a countless number of people inquiring about it when they see it in my hand. I inform them that it is a new generation BlackBerry. EVERY single person who has inquired are shocked to learn that it is both touch screen and physical keyboard. (and ALL admit that they miss having a physical keyboard)
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-06-16 04:54 PM
    Hi, yes great devaice I own a Passport and a Q10, both great for it's useage, PP is a great workhorse, very good battery life, Q10 is for going out...but:
    1. switching the device is horrible, all "errors" in passport are transfered, I still have the issue, that videos can not play, only sound ist there, (just can not find this thread here on CB),
    2. in Germany the Blend does not work nice with our special charachters � � �
    3. WA support will be lost after end of this year
    4. FB is already gone
    5. sports tracker are not updated and can not work with others and import tracks
    6. navigation is not updated with BB10, old cards only
    7. BB has made the mistake IMO that they forgot to grap the consumer who brings his own device into companies
    8. Security is not an important thing for the consumer
    9. in Germany I read an article that BB10 will be supported (even updated to 10.4 in 2017) minimum end of 2018...
    10. they have layed off the BB10 develepment department was in the news month ago
    11. BB has never been able to sell solutions or use cases, they had the NFC since years, but what to do with it as a "consumer", they have Miracast on board but no stick was available from them...
    12. in the news this week: Blackberry stops the production of BB10 devices
    and maybe more...
    1. a reset would do I know, but that is not what I want from may beloved BBOS10
    2. they have never corrected and updated, Blend is a really nice tool an I will miss it on any other device
    3+4. not turning back, even nemory OliverM. (Face10 developer) can not do anything...if he is clever, he will move on to Android dev. WA web version, I don't beleive this will come.
    5+6. no comment
    8. or why would they all use Android and iOS, hacked Apple accounts, viruses on Android, the consumers still don't care (maybe some)....both just do the jobs in private life and partly in business life
    9. only two more years with small updates....
    10. ?
    11. my honsest opinion
    12. and still sell them. I would have bought a second PP when the AT&T version would have been available in Europe, that should be far enaough away from competitors in the US
    So, ... enjoy the BB10 your devices as long as it is possible and makes sense for you!
    cpus456 likes this.
    07-08-16 05:45 AM
    Yep ordered a white one from BlackBerry and it came yesterday via 2 day shipping

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 01:38 PM
    Dang, I'm really itching for a keyboard phone. The iPhone SE is killing my thumbs.

Either the Priv or the Passport...and I'm leaning towards another Passport. Crazy
    07-09-16 11:11 PM
    Still a pretty solid buy. If you are the type that loves social networking apps like Facebook and snapchat, then it may not be the phone for you.

It is great for productivity. Arguable the best. Battery life is great also.

07-09-16 11:50 PM
    There is no YouTube app in Blackberry World, just third party apps.
    I loved Fastube. In a lot of ways, I loveed it more than the google YouTube app.

07-09-16 11:52 PM
    There will ne no more bbos in the near future so.... you will move to android
    07-10-16 03:56 AM
    Well I dropped my passport in water when I tripped over. Ruined it. Bought another one. Probably says a fair bit.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-10-16 04:50 AM
    No it doesn't, no matter how you look at it.
    BB10 is almost die (software and hardware case).

Even if blackberry said they will not abandon it, devs will (software case).

Passport is still using old hardware, not 64bit architecture (hardware case). It's not phone that can give you proof for future development of new apps.
    07-10-16 05:23 AM

Passport is still using old hardware, not 64bit architecture (hardware case). It's not phone that can give you proof for future development of new apps.
    The only that is fancy about passport is its design and form factor with that screen that is almost the same width with my 6.8" phablet when holding it vertically. Passport even if the screen has the half height is better because it is using the hardware keyboard. My soft keyboard is almost consuming the 1/3 of the screen. Same viewing experience with 6.8" smaller size.

From the beginning I said that if they had switch operating system with the addition of a 2nd sim slot would super charge the sales as the ultimate business phone or made for the heavy typers.

I love passport form factor but it's waste of money as bbos it will become obsolete.

It's not only the fancy apps like facebook, Twitter, Instagram, viber, skype, messenger at that are missing but the emulated android apps are not working too. If you have spent allot of money for external devices like mobile printers, tvzen you need the apps.

Although software keyboards are rubbish in comparison to physical that you can type 3 to 5 times faster and more accurate.
    Last edited by cmvrgr cmvrgr; 07-10-16 at 08:31 AM.
    chain13 likes this.
    07-10-16 08:01 AM

Android still ducks on latest hardware. Says it all.

07-10-16 08:04 AM
    The only that is fancy about passport is its design and form factor with that screen that is almost the same width with my 6.8" phablet when holding it vertically. Passport even if the screen has the half height is better because it is using the hardware keyboard. My soft keyboard is almost consuming the 1/3 of the screen. Same viewing experience with 6.8" smaller size.

http://i66.tinypic.com/qsaa7p.jpg
    http://i67.tinypic.com/28btr3q.jpg

From the beginning I said that if they had switch operating system with the addition of a 2nd sim slot would super charge the sales as the ultimate business phone or made for the heavy typers.

I love passport form factor but it's waste of money as bbos it will become obsolete.

It's not only the fancy apps like facebook, Twitter, Instagram, viber, skype, messenger at that are missing but the emulated android apps are not working too. If you have spent allot of money for external devices like mobile printers, tvzen you need the apps.

Although software keyboards are rubbish in comparison to physical that you can type 3 to 5 times faster and more accurate.
    Soft keyboard might eat almost half of the screen, but its not staticly there, when we dont typing, the keyboard will hide and the screen shows more content verticaly. While pkb will always be pkb and eat those partq of the phone's face.

Try to open instagram, on passport, you will only see the title bar with one post of photo that already fill the whole screen, while on the regular phone you can also see like or comment button and some part of the next post.

They say it is device for productivity, editing excel document on passport is always pleasure. But lets be real, how many people (bussiness men) are doing their document in their phone? They do it on tablet/hybrid instead, with full features support.
    07-10-16 11:20 PM
    Android still ducks on latest hardware. Says it all.

Nope, 3 years old android devices can run newest app flawlessly.

It's just bb10 devices are using too old hardware even when the first time it came out.
    07-10-16 11:26 PM
    Soft keyboard might eat almost half of the screen, but its not staticly there, when we dont typing, the keyboard will hide and the screen shows more content verticaly. While pkb will always be pkb and eat those partq of the phone's face.

Try to open instagram, on passport, you will only see the title bar with one post of photo that already fill the whole screen, while on the regular phone you can also see like or comment button and some part of the next post.

They say it is device for productivity, editing excel document on passport is always pleasure. But lets be real, how many people (bussiness men) are doing their document in their phone? They do it on tablet/hybrid instead, with full features support.
    It's true most of the times we need our ultrabook or big screen tablet with desktop operating system.

I am working wide on the road with my 6.8" phablet (Lenovo Phab Plus) and many times the huge screen (for others for me is small ) feels so small for many tasks.

As for the people around me they say that it's super big as a device. I prove them wrong for many tasks.

The 95% of the time I am using the phone vertically and have almost the same width as passport.

So if someone want to move from a passport to an android device and need to had have almost the same experience of working wide 6.8" is the only way to do it.

This is why Priv was excluded from my list. It is too narrow. You lose the wide experience. The bad think is that BB will not revive again the wide experience with a new android device. That is the reason why the had to flash passport with android.

If you need wide experience and physical keyboard passport is the only way to go.

I think I will try to find a second hand passport to try the experience as spending much money for a device with uncertain feature is not a good idea.
    07-11-16 05:12 AM
72 123