Just cosmetic differences as far as I am aware. Comes down to personal taste.

Posted with my Passport
    09-21-19 06:25 PM
    Which Passport are you running now? The SE that we traded for is still working like a champ. I'm thisclose to putting my main sim back in.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    The original black is what I have.
    09-22-19 06:59 AM
    Just cosmetic differences as far as I am aware. Comes down to personal taste.

Posted with my Passport
    Agreed, I've owned both.
    09-22-19 07:00 AM
    Simply a Dutch girlfriend that you marry. I was responding to earlier post where it was stated a Key2 is like a Dutch wife..... LOL
    Ok.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Dutch_wife
    09-22-19 01:36 PM
    LMAO - this just keeps getting better
    09-22-19 05:40 PM
    Well excuuuuuuuuuse me. I suppose that has same basic specs as my AT&T Passport does. What does the SE have different? I’m getting old and can’t remember anymore.
    That you don't own one!( wink)

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    09-24-19 09:22 AM
    That you don't own one!( wink)

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    Touché

I know my AT&T Passport has wireless charging and rounded corners. What’s the upgrade that I’d want to buy an SE for back then or now? LOL, I know that nobody believes me but I’m actually serious.
    09-24-19 10:19 AM
    Touché

I know my AT&T Passport has wireless charging and rounded corners. What’s the upgrade that I’d want to buy an SE for back then or now? LOL, I know that nobody believes me but I’m actually serious.
    The basic functionality between the OG, ATT, and SE models is the same. It comes down to cosmetic and design differences.

I haven't tried the ATT, but have owned the OG and SE. I actually preferred the OG over the SE - it felt easier to hold for some reason, and the keyboard was a bit more clicky, which I like.

I did like the look of the SE, though. Has that retro silver-on-black look reminiscent of old Nikon cameras.
    09-24-19 10:25 AM
    Touché

As you said, the AT&T version is the only one that supports wireless charging and it is also similar to the SE in that it has rounded corners. The SE on the other hand, does feel and really is a premium version. And in my experience, it is far easier to use the keyboard to type on, since the chin below is a tad longer than the OG's. I also have the original black version, and that's how I can tell. The AT&T is the same here with the SE in that regard, so maybe no real reason to buy, unless it's only for the looks?
    09-24-19 11:12 AM
    As you said, the AT&T version is the only one that supports wireless charging and it is also similar to the SE in that it has rounded corners. The SE on the other hand, does feel and really is a premium version. And in my experience, it is far easier to use the keyboard to type on, since the chin below is a tad longer than the OG's. I also have the original black version, and that's how I can tell. The AT&T is the same here with the SE in that regard, so maybe no real reason to buy, unless it's only for the looks?
    So my AT&T Passport is basically a carrier branded SE or so it seems?
    09-24-19 11:18 AM
    So my AT&T Passport is basically a carrier branded SE or so it seems?
    Yes, it would seem so. It would also be interesting to know which one came out first, just out of curiosity, that is....
    09-24-19 11:20 AM
    Yes, it would seem so. It would also be interesting to know which one came out first, just out of curiosity, that is....
    The AT&T version came out before SE, if I remember correctly.
    09-24-19 11:22 AM
    The AT&T version came out before SE, if I remember correctly.
    Thank you for this information. And then maybe they built on that to create the SE. As I said, this is trivia really. The important thing is that the Passport was a great device for the time,regardless of different versions, and it so happens and still is an awesome device in 2019, of course IMO!
    09-24-19 11:44 AM
    Found the below on another thread:

AT&T BlackBerry Passport 131 mm / 5.16 in 90.5mm / 3.56 in 9.3mm / 0.36 in 194g / 6.84 oz
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 131.4 mm / 5.17 in 90.5 mm / 3.56 in 9.25 mm / 0.36 in 205g / 7.23 oz

which basically shows that the two devices are nearly identical in dimensions and with a very slight difference in weight.
    09-25-19 08:40 AM
    Here's another why for 2019. Taking my K2 into bright sunlight to read the screen is problematic at best even with brightness all the way up. Taking a photo with bright sunlight behind you is almost impossible to see anything on the screen. My Passport's screen is completely legible in bright sunlight! And Indoors with the 453ppi is almost like looking at an OLED screened devise! Cheers,

Posted via my Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    09-25-19 02:46 PM
    Here's another why for 2019. Taking my K2 into bright sunlight to read the screen is problematic at best even with brightness all the way up. Taking a photo with bright sunlight behind you is almost impossible to see anything on the screen. My Passport's screen is completely legible in bright sunlight! And Indoors with the 453ppi is almost like looking at an OLED screened devise! Cheers,

Posted via my Passport
    The KEY² can hit 577 nits with automatic brightness enabled.

Passport is 894 nits. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is 670.

Also for reference, battery endurance on Passport is rated 73hr compared to 86hr on KEY².
    09-25-19 06:41 PM
    My BlackBerry Passport died about a month ago. One of the saddest days for me.
    Replaced by the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. There is absolutely no mobile OS designed for productivity like BB10. Boy, do I miss it.

End of an era.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Passport as daily driver in 2019? How and why?-11952.jpg  
    09-25-19 07:18 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    If they made an Android Passport, current and former Passport owners would still find a rationale for not buying one.
    I moved on to samsung s10+ and love it. I still have two passports as backup...
    09-27-19 08:34 AM
    I'm back to daily driver Passport silver as I'm waiting for replacement as my Key2 died.

I'm still loving it. The apps I used to have on Key2 are not mission critical only maybe battery is not what is used to be.

Otherwise it still bloody great phone.

Cheers
    A.
    09-28-19 12:55 AM
    I'm back to daily driver Passport silver as I'm waiting for replacement as my Key2 died.

I'm still loving it. The apps I used to have on Key2 are not mission critical only maybe battery is not what is used to be.

Otherwise it still bloody great phone.

Cheers
    A.
    Did you even try a factory reset? Power, home, volume up (or down?) or power + volume up (or down) should there be no home button.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    09-28-19 01:49 AM
    Thanks mate. I've done all diagnostics. Also I have reloaded OS via bootloader. There was hardware issue with screen.

Another interesting observation I'm enjoying the 'quiet' back in BBOS 10. No prompts that my apps have updates etc so I can focus on my tasks but I know that this is not sustainable in long term.

Online retailer agreed to send new replacement so all good. I will enjoy Passport as long I can.
    09-28-19 01:55 AM
    Thanks mate. I've done all diagnostics. Also I have reloaded OS via bootloader. There was hardware issue with screen.

Another interesting observation I'm enjoying the 'quiet' back in BBOS 10. No prompts that my apps have updates etc so I can focus on my tasks but I know that this is not sustainable in long term.

Online retailer agreed to send new replacement so all good. I will enjoy Passport as long I can.
    If BB10 hadn’t failed but instead succeeded, don’t you think developers would be updating apps with similar frequency to Android/iOS when issues and exploits are identified.

That’s why everyone complains the Apple, Google and Microsoft OS and their accompanying characteristics and supposed limitations are similar. That’s because success brings imitation. Nobody imitates failure expecting different outcome.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-28-19 05:57 AM
    If BB10 hadn’t failed but instead succeeded, don’t you think developers would be updating apps with similar frequency to Android/iOS when issues and exploits are identified.

That’s why everyone complains the Apple, Google and Microsoft OS and their accompanying characteristics and supposed limitations are similar. That’s because success brings imitation. Nobody imitates failure expecting different outcome.
    I have to agree that when I used Android you are constantly battered by update messages that BB10 never had even when apps were actively being updated.

Maybe it's just perception but if an app needs updating I don't need to be told unless I open said app or I actively look for the update, it's just incredibly distracting and very annoying.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    09-28-19 06:28 AM
    Hi there the BlackBerry Passport is still good, I used mine primary until a few months back when the OS suddenly used 23GB memory, at that point been 700km from home I purchased a Samsung A30. I use that at work and save the BlackBerry for home and weekends. I managed to keep the browser going by updating the certificates that were not recognised, found out how to in crackberry land. I also loaded on or two there but hardly use them. I use the Internet a lot by phone. Yes some applications from some lazzy organisations like banks were not there and make the A30 worth it, but on the whole the BlackBerry password safe and hub are great and will stop end of the year so..if fact the work around for my A30 was to install BlackBerry into the phone and transfer over my passwords (encripped file, clear of. BlackBerry to think of doing that) into the new phone, just the on the face of the BlackBerry I can read messages quickly with no unlocking and this is not really working in A30 UI 1 land so the passport is still worth having and keeping around.

My story is like this I updated part of the phone myself with Internet help, and including getting whatsapp working and the sending of meda over which had to do with the location of photos been stored in the wrong place, I noticed I could forward or us incoming photos and got an idea of why phones were not been sent and had to copy the phone directories into the SD card and the run whatsapp fixer, after that my camera hardly focused so I purchased one from China for $23 which is not much opened the phone and replaced the camera it was not that hard this phone is made to be stripped and you can't tell that I opened it try that on today phones.. any after that while on holday taking many photos a warning of full memory came , the OS was 23 GB and cleaner would not resolve the problem, so I blacked up and reset. My luck ran out and it crash resetting. I downloaded a header program from crackberry, and I tell you like the man says don't use backberry loader they cr?py reloaded my phone and then transferred in the back-up. The reason I don't us it for work is one the bank app is not there I used the internet but I am not sure how safe that is, my anti-virus is Norton is not good for BlackBerry either and the payslip application won't work there either and a few other lazy's that won't develop, I have many apps on this phone and like to shock people with the amount of them everything from HP calculators to hart rate monitors etc I have plenty collected of the last few years.

This phone in my opinion is one of the last great phones I have it since the launch and at times. Show people look I can do this that on this phone they are shocked, the most important thing reason for not using it as a daily runner is Lightroom and nikon Wireless connections that can't be made on it too, on the A30 I can take a photo save it before anything is done to the Jpeg like horrible Samsung noise reduction, and then fix the photo to perfection my self, the photos on the passport are not bad either look at the 16MP A30 colour good and the screen is better square to look at photos because the old camera photo ration are wrong for exposure more and more people are saying 1:1 bring more to the subject so hello BlackBerry was right in the end and now a lot more of my editing on a PC is ending up 1:1 on photos than before and looking at them on the BlackBerry is great of course because the screen is err 1:1. I laugh about this but it is true a lot of top photographers and acknowledging more square ratios than before and on my. Phone I can take then squire if I like. I do like my A30, a lot in fact but love my BlackBerry Passport just that main running applications from big bank etc just think it's a waste of time and nag all the time when you login to please get a banking application on an android or Apple phone. So now I have one. I see no reason that this OS will not work after Dec 2019 just it will be risky to hacking etc, but on the other hand I have managed to keep one XP laptop running for programming machines that are old and its still running fine years after support ended and you can always find someone with a system or ani virus that will work on it, so I keeping mine, also the battery is 100% runs more than a day after 5 years.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-19 09:23 AM
    I have to agree that when I used Android you are constantly battered by update messages that BB10 never had even when apps were actively being updated.

Maybe it's just perception but if an app needs updating I don't need to be told unless I open said app or I actively look for the update, it's just incredibly distracting and very annoying.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    I’m pretty sure notification can be turned off. Since Cylance has some great information regarding the steep incline of exploits, I suspect we’ve seen a steep incline of updates as well. I’ve used Android/iOS for several years and it seems that way. BB10 was a reactive alert system but I suspect if still actively developed, it would have evolved into similar proactive alert system.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-28-19 09:44 AM
467 ... 1213141516 ...