Thanks. Leaning on getting a red Key2 and see for myself.
    If you want a RED one....
    05-30-19 09:48 AM
    I've found items like the back cover, LCD screen, qwerty keyboard, frame and other parts. Haven't bought everything I need yet, and some are probably not OEM parts, but the thing is that almost everything is available for Passport.
    08-22-19 09:38 AM
    Just purchased a new battery for my Passport from eBay. Battery was new and arrived discharged, to be expected. On the 3rd charge cycle today. Yesterday it achieved 13 hours usage with 19% still in the tank. My old battery would run 4-5 hours before needing a charge. Well worth the effort. If you change it yourself, just be careful prying it up as you are pressing on the screen. Take your time and it will give way. Cheers,

Posted with my Passport
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    08-22-19 11:20 AM
    Thanks. Leaning on getting a red Key2 and see for myself.
    Good luck finding one except from 3rd party sellers that are asking ridiculous prices for them.

Posted with my Passport
    08-22-19 11:24 AM
    I had a Passport when it first launched, added cobalt, and all the android apps I could want, then moved to the Nexus 6P, Priv, and finally the KEYone. I was missing the BB10 gestures, and on a whim, purchased an iphone X. Glass slab that it is, i really like the complete, unified experience. I still have my KEYone, but it is relegated to a backup role. Fast forward to last week, and nostalgia has raised it`s head, and I purchased, and am waiting for an ATT Passport. It will be taking over the number 2 spot in my device lineup. I will keep you apprised as to how well or poorly I cope with this old technology.
    08-29-19 03:23 AM
    It's not easy and there are many comprises. That being said. I am really enjoying my rebuilt Passport. A true BlackBerry! I too have my K2 in runner up position. Good luck,

Posted with my Passport
    08-29-19 12:15 PM
    It's up to app developers to make their apps available for BB10 - social media apps, banking apps, MS Office, etc, do not belong to BlackBerry, and the APIs aren't public.

In any case, BB10 was cancelled in late 2013, and the software went into support mode in 2014. Let it go.

Incidentally, I have over 150 apps on my phone, and I use all of them. Only 3 of those are games.
    You mean you have 150 plus apps on your passport? May I know what are those apps and how many of them are android apps?

And I understand Twitter and other companies simply denied BlackBerry offer to develop apps for BB10.

My question- Why do we need those apps? We need to develop web based apps.. Twitter, Facebook and other sites look great in chrome web browser.. we will also receive notifications.. but BB10 browser won't support notifications unlike chrome..so BB10 needs to upgrade their browser to support notifications and web view of those websites..

If we are on PC, we will be able to access every site through browser without a need of any app..right..we will also receive notifications..so we need same on BB10.. we need efficient browser which loads mobile version of web site like how it loads in chrome and notifications support.. that's it.. chrome supports web apps, means those sites can be converted as web apps and stored on home page...they work as if they are real apps..we need such ability...

Kaios also works on web apps.. in the same way..

I don't see any need of those companies to develop apps for BB10.. because those apps are not required for BB fans..really..
    08-29-19 01:40 PM
    You mean you have 150 plus apps on your passport?
    I was referring to my Android device as I was responding to:

"we only need limited several common used applications. I promise you, less than 20 apps in your Android or Iphone if you count."

Generally, I HATE web-based apps btw. Browsers are system hogs.
    08-29-19 01:53 PM

"we only need limited several common used applications. I promise you, less than 20 apps in your Android or Iphone if you count."

Okay.. thanks for your response

A different question..you have quoted my post but I didn't get notification from tapatalk... notifications are enabled in settings... so what should I do get the tapatalk notifications..
    08-29-19 02:24 PM
    Okay.. thanks for your response

A different question..you have quoted my post but I didn't get notification from tapatalk... notifications are enabled in settings... so what should I do get the tapatalk notifications..
    They are a bit messed up. I usually get them, but delayed by hours sometimes.
    08-29-19 02:47 PM
    Passport as a daily driver is ok even today. The remedy is installing the Firefox browser which will extend the life of the Passport indefinitely until the CPU becomes to weak for the page rendering. Luckily I don't experience this and the Passport as a daily work horse works just as well as ever.
    08-29-19 03:10 PM

I personally use browser shortcuts where possible, the benefit over full apps and web apps is they don't use as much storage space, don't run as many activities, have more limited access to the device, etc.
    08-29-19 08:49 PM
    They are a bit messed up. I usually get them, but delayed by hours sometimes.
    Oh okay!
    08-30-19 05:37 AM
    I personally use browser shortcuts where possible, the benefit over full apps and web apps is they don't use as much storage space, don't run as many activities, have more limited access to the device, etc.
    Agree, I use browser short cuts for below apps on my key2

1. Twitter
    2. LinkedIn
    3. Amazon
    4. Ola
    5. Swiggy
    6. Paytm

Many more..I feel battery life will be better with web apps and they also don't take much storage..so I believe web apps are better than full apps
    08-30-19 05:40 AM
    I'm still using mainly because of the integrated HUB, have the HUB available from anywhere in the OS is a blessing. I also enjoy the keyboard and keyboard gestures and the OS gestures. Now that Android 10 has the same gestures kind of... might be the last year I use my Passport and move on to the Unihertz Titan.

Passport has been my companion since 2015 and I enjoyed it very much, I would never though I was going to be able to keep a phone this long but hey! Here we are.

I'm hoping BlackBerry does something about the Android HUB and integrate it into the core OS so we can have access to it via gestures at all times just like on BB10.

Posted via CB10 on a Passport
    08-30-19 09:59 AM

I'm hoping BlackBerry does something about the Android HUB and integrate it into the core OS so we can have access to it via gestures at all times just like on BB10.

Posted via CB10 on a Passport
    Of course that's easy to do via other launchers or apps.

I use All-in-One-Gestures, and get the HUB from anywhere with a quick flick from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    08-30-19 10:47 AM
    Of course that's easy to do via other launchers or apps.

I use All-in-One-Gestures, and get the HUB from anywhere with a quick flick from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    Thanks I'm going to check that out!
    08-30-19 11:12 AM
    Just joined the dual carry crowd, Passport + Moto G7 power (big battery mid range phone).

The short useful bit for those in similar situations: there are a few decent Android phones to complement your Passport (nokia 3.1, 4.1, 5.1, 6.1, Moto G6, G7, updates and variants), just keep your expectations low and don't spend more than $200 USD.

Longer version bordering on rant:

Why? No reliable way to use Uber; Whatsapp and Signal super clunky. It's silly but that's it. Won't go into BB10 vs Android, we all know what's going on. I plan on using my Passport for calls, email and jotting down work ideas, the Motorola for everything else, connecting via wifi and bluetooth tethering.

I've had the Android phone for a few days, it's an exasperating experience.

Typing on a display still sucks, even on a big screen device. I h a v e t o t y p e s l o w l y.
    The terrible autocorrect just makes it all the more awful.
    Google wants to do many things I don't want it to do (endless notifications, news, traffic alerts etc).
    Migrating whatsapp and signal proved impossible, have to start from scratch. Again.

Even after donkeys years for a phone the Passport is still a much more polished experience. I kept my expectations low, which was lucky since since the one slightly more advanced thing I did want, it cannot do: recognize an external dac, which worked fine on other recent Motorolas and Nokias, perhaps it's something about Android 9 or about USB-C, but there seems to always be a step backwards, so I'm still stuck with awful portable sound quality.

On the other hand having a terrible typing experience will make it more likely to cut down even more on social media, which is always a plus in these toxic times.
    Zeddepher likes this.
    08-31-19 11:52 AM
    Just logged to say that today I switched to my old passport just for fun and it still works flawlessly!! It's a rock! Even with whatsapp..lol
    G.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and anon(8719892) like this.
    09-01-19 02:44 PM
    I for one, refuse to dual carry, seems silly to me, always has. Even my Enterprise Berry's! I just don't get it.

Posted with my Passport
    09-01-19 03:23 PM
    I for one, refuse to dual carry, seems silly to me, always has. Even my Enterprise Berry's! I just don't get it.

Posted with my Passport
    I’m the same way. Mobile is mobile, or as easy as possible while I’m moving. Carrying two devices is not my idea of easy.
    09-01-19 03:28 PM

Posted with my Passport
    In 2006, when I needed two separate mobile business lines, what options did I have? For the first time in almost fourteen years, I may be able to single carry, but only because my XR offers eSIM and but it won’t save me any money...

The Passport was the hardest to dual carry with since the odd shape meant I fumbled attempting to pull out both phones. I survived though and I wasn’t completely giving up BlackBerry then and that’s been my dilemma since the eSIM began support roughly 6-7 months ago.
    09-01-19 04:13 PM

Posted with my Passport
    Dual carrying is the only way to have the best of both worlds
    09-01-19 04:14 PM
    In 2006, when I needed two separate mobile business lines, what options did I have? For the first time in almost fourteen years, I may be able to single carry, but only because my XR offers eSIM and but it won’t save me any money...

The Passport was the hardest to dual carry with since the odd shape meant I fumbled attempting to pull out both phones. I survived though and I wasn’t completely giving up BlackBerry then and that’s been my dilemma since the eSIM began support roughly 6-7 months ago.
    It's 2019, just sayin!

Posted with my Passport
    09-01-19 04:20 PM
    Dual carrying is the only way to have the best of both worlds
    Sorry, still silly to me!

Posted with my Passport
    09-01-19 04:21 PM
467 ... 1011121314 ...