what exactly do we expect to expire at the end of this year with the pp.
    I use mine as a back up for my priv in case of wobbles etc. the. priv is a fantastic phone and does all I require. it does need a backup however even if just to sort out the druid rubbish and to cover the odd wobble. so what is supposed to cease or remain working.
    No one know EXACTLY what will happen at the end of the year but your Passport should be perfectly fine as a backup device for texting, calls and emails. I wouldn't worry about that. You may want to make sure that you have the necessary native apps for it so check out BlackBerry World before it closes down.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-02-19 10:28 AM
    what exactly do we expect to expire at the end of this year with the pp.
    I use mine as a back up for my priv in case of wobbles etc. the. priv is a fantastic phone and does all I require. it does need a backup however even if just to sort out the druid rubbish and to cover the odd wobble. so what is supposed to cease or remain working.
    What they have stated is just BlackBerry World....

But there are a number of parts of BB10 that cost BlackBerry money to keep operational. I question if they are scaling back their Mobile Division right now to save money (Executives, Android Device Apps).... how much will they keep investing in BB10 this year or next year? The phones will work without BBID, BBM, Assistant, Maps, LINK... but how useful they'll be is something else.

Hope for the best, but have a plan B if they do shut it all down....
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-02-19 11:09 AM
    Like me, I suggest any Passport or other BB10 device owner continue to enjoy their phones the rest of this year, daily driver or not. I still use my Classic as a second phone, for work. But I am not confident BlackBerry Mobile will release any new devices. (I don't count new colors for existing devices.). As such, as much as I love PKB devices, I cannot see myself investing in any BlackBerry Mobile devices this year because I have zero confidence they will receive proper support, like OS and security updates. I feel sad about that company's future prospects, and I may need to move on soon instead of hang on.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    05-08-19 12:25 AM
    Like me, I suggest any Passport or other BB10 device owner continue to enjoy their phones the rest of this year, daily driver or not. I still use my Classic as a second phone, for work. But I am not confident BlackBerry Mobile will release any new devices. (I don't count new colors for existing devices.). As such, as much as I love PKB devices, I cannot see myself investing in any BlackBerry Mobile devices this year because I have zero confidence they will receive proper support, like OS and security updates. I feel sad about that company's future prospects, and I may need to move on soon instead of hang on.

Blackberry limited left the hardware business, so nobody expects them to make hardware at all.

TCL holds blackberry mobile, the device division, a fork of what originally was the hardware designing.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    05-08-19 01:00 AM
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but the team at Google Android just announced the newly supported screen ratios. And yes, 1x1 is there. BlackBerry Passport as daily driver in 2019? How and why?-screenshot_20190508-010144.jpeg
    05-08-19 03:11 AM

And you think your Classic got any real OS upgrades and support?

Lol the damn thing is dog slow and is still and will always be stuck on runtime of Android 4.3.
    05-08-19 07:41 AM

Have you purchased any BB or BBMo Android devices since 11/2015 introduction?
    05-08-19 07:48 AM

Lol the damn thing is dog slow and is still and will always be stuck on runtime of Android 4.3.
    Dog slow? Man, I've got dogs that run pace your eyes can't follow! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and ppeters914 like this.
    05-08-19 08:52 AM
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but the team at Google Android just announced the newly supported screen ratios. And yes, 1x1 is there. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190508-010144.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	444263
    So and Android Passport is now possible....
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-08-19 09:06 AM
    Dog slow? Man, I've got dogs that run pace your eyes can't follow! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I borrowed that expression from MrMobile's KEY2 initial impressions video

I never really understood it since dogs aren't slow lol
    05-08-19 03:19 PM
    So and Android Passport is now possible....
    I would LOVE it if this turned out to be the reason for BBMo's pause in new releases.

4:3 or 1:1 with a focus on text instead of apps would be a breath of fresh air.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    the_boon likes this.
    05-08-19 04:53 PM
    Good stuff...I just swapped my sim back in from the mate10 pro. I don't use social media either so I'm gonna give it a go!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-19 05:27 PM
    Blackberry limited left the hardware business, so nobody expects them to make hardware at all.

TCL holds blackberry mobile, the device division, a fork of what originally was the hardware designing.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    I know that very well, which is why in my post I referenced BlackBerry Mobile twice in my doubts it would trot out new devices.

05-08-19 09:41 PM

I never claimed that. All I'm saying is I was happy to use my Passport SE, then now my Cobalt Blue Classic, as my work cell phone. I dual carry, so I'm not dependent on using a BB10 device as my primary personal smartphone. The Classic is slow, and I'm running it into the ground. I'm open for a successor, but other than their PKB's, BlackBerry Mobile devices aren't looking like great values for me overall.

05-08-19 09:46 PM
    Have you purchased any BB or BBMo Android devices since 11/2015 introduction?
    No. With new, better specced Android Pie devices being released, my KEY2/LE window may have come and gone. I treat smartphones like my cars. I run them into the ground. I dual carried a Passport SE until it's battery became shot. Now I'm seeing how long my Cobalt Blue Classic will last me this year until I either jump on a price drop for a BBMobile PKB device or go with a flagship-grade Android Pie device with an awesome camera.

05-08-19 09:52 PM
    I've got some quality time with Miracast and a Samsung Led TV yesterday, Passport still rocks, I have never used Miracast before and it paired with the TV within seconds.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Passport as daily driver in 2019? How and why?-img_20190510_225934.jpg  
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-11-19 02:16 AM
    Still haven't found a true replacement for my Passport. Currently rocking a Pixel 3XL
    05-12-19 05:40 PM
    Still haven't found a true replacement for my Passport. Currently rocking a Pixel 3XL
    The KEY2 is gonna get you closer to the Passport than any slab
    05-12-19 06:32 PM
    The KEY2 is gonna get you closer to the Passport than any slab
    Thanks. Leaning on getting a red Key2 and see for myself.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-12-19 06:56 PM
    Totally agree. If I though an Android/Apple phone would improve my productivity I would switch. Still happy with BB10. Communication pays my bills, I use BlackBerry. My passport has outlasted several Apple phone and countless Galaxies.

Caveat. I do watch Netflix on an iPad and Facebook messenger. I've lost interest in Inspogram and other FoMo platforms.
    05-15-19 09:55 PM
    I have always loved my Blackberry Passport (AT&T). I've used some of the newer Blackberry Android devices, but I find that the battery on the Blackberry Passport is worth me keeping my device. Althought, I've use Blackberry KeyOne as my primary AT&T device, I've found myself goign back to the Blackberry Passport, especially becasue the software has always been stable, and lastly, because the battery will last me two days (sometimes, lomger).
    05-16-19 11:55 AM
    I have always loved my Blackberry Passport (AT&T). I've used some of the newer Blackberry Android devices, but I find that the battery on the Blackberry Passport is worth me keeping my device. Althought, I've use Blackberry KeyOne as my primary AT&T device, I've found myself goign back to the Blackberry Passport, especially becasue the software has always been stable, and lastly, because the battery will last me two days (sometimes, lomger).
    I hope you didn’t post this on a Passport because you have lots of typos.
    05-16-19 04:38 PM
    I read with a lot of interest everything here,and I would like to thank all people who contributed. On my part, I have often said to other threads how much and why I love BB OS 10 (simplicity and efficiency) in general and my Black Passport in particular. So much so that in fact I have just bought a used SE....not in a mint condition, but I have found all needed parts to make it brand new. And why, you may ask? Well, because it's still the most awesome phone mobile phone ever released, that's why! And please let's not talk again about the (relative) lack of apps, shall we? A phone is a phone and all the necessary apps are available on Passport. It handles emails perfectly, it's got the amazing Hub, call quality is second to none, the stereo speakers run rings round most anything else, signal is amazing (at least in my country, even where other devices just drop dead) and also I have to say that the native browser is amazingly fast (again where I live, which is in Athens, Greece). What else? Oh, I have a working Viber version, as well as Whatsapp, FB lite and FB Messenger Lite and quite a few more of actually useful apps. Will it last forever? I don't know; I don't care either. That's why I bought a second Passport....(well, I have always wanted the SE so I hope I am forgiven!).

So, my answer to the original question here is yes, why not!!!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-28-19 11:53 AM
    Can you enlight me when you said you found the parts to make it brand new? I'm curious
    05-30-19 05:06 AM
    If they made an Android Passport, current and former Passport owners would still find a rationale for not buying one.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-30-19 09:34 AM
467 ... 910111213 ...