Hello guys! As a completely new member of this forum I would like to introduce myself My name is Łukasz and I am from Poland.
    I used to use BlackBerry devices back in the days - I've had 9300 and 9360. I've used Android phones for a few past years but... The journey with BB devices was so great and I still miss it. Even then (2013 and 2014) my BBs were outdated, I was missing "super fancy" features. I am this person who jumped into Android bandwagon because of the number of apps in the store as a youngster. Right now, my needs are different - only for the business purpose, I do need Instagram, for communication with some people I need FB Messenger (lite version is okay, sending and receiving messages is enough for me). Also, Google Maps would be useful when it comes to driving my car or visiting a foreign city, Spotify for music (but I can handle having music on my SD card). And yes, I know that Android apps can be installed and yes, I know that it may cause some battery drainage. That's why I am asking for a piece of advice.

Do you think, that BB10 devices (Passport or Classic) are capable of lifting my "android" needs? Could you please tell me if the battery drainage is so visible?

I am looking forward to your insights I will precise my thoughts message by message. Firstly, I would like to read your general thoughts.
    mototopo likes this.
    04-09-19 04:32 PM
    Hello guys! As a completely new member of this forum I would like to introduce myself My name is Łukasz and I am from Poland.
    I used to use BlackBerry devices back in the days - I've had 9300 and 9360. I've used Android phones for a few past years but... The journey with BB devices was so great and I still miss it. Even then (2013 and 2014) my BBs were outdated, I was missing "super fancy" features. I am this person who jumped into Android bandwagon because of the number of apps in the store as a youngster. Right now, my needs are different - only for the business purpose, I do need Instagram, for communication with some people I need FB Messenger (lite version is okay, sending and receiving messages is enough for me). Also, Google Maps would be useful when it comes to driving my car or visiting a foreign city, Spotify for music (but I can handle having music on my SD card). And yes, I know that Android apps can be installed and yes, I know that it may cause some battery drainage. That's why I am asking for a piece of advice.

Do you think, that BB10 devices (Passport or Classic) are capable of lifting my "android" needs? Could you please tell me if the battery drainage is so visible?

I am looking forward to your insights I will precise my thoughts message by message. Firstly, I would like to read your general thoughts.
    Can you make BB10 meet your needs... barely if you aren’t doing it already.... for many like myself, it’s too much of an inconvenience.

Ultimately, it’s really up to you.. give it a shot but prepare yourself, it will take patience and leave some disappointments...
    04-09-19 05:44 PM
    I loved the ability to work wide, and see the Hub screen in its entirety, on my silver Passport SE, until it's battery died. Now I'm enjoying the final months of BlackBerry 10 with my Cobalt Blue Classic. I find it and the Passport both relevant this year for messaging, text and email.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-09-19 06:32 PM
    I loved the ability to work wide, and see the Hub screen in its entirety, on my silver Passport SE, until it's battery died. Now I'm enjoying the final months of BlackBerry 10 with my Cobalt Blue Classic. I find it and the Passport both relevant this year for messaging, text and email.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    Too be honest... KaiOS is selling 10's of million of phones for just calling, texting and emailing, with some messaging apps too. Unfortunately BB10's cost were too high (development and hardware requirements) for BlackBerry to use (or offer it) as a feature phone OS.

Peoples needs are different and not everyone needs a full Smartphone. And to be honest if we knew more about what happens at the end of the year, a $100 Classic or a $150 Passport might be a great device for many (or cheaper if you buy used). As it is I think BB10 is going to be a little tricky to use next year.
    ratfinkstooley and Avenzuno like this.
    04-10-19 02:33 PM
    As it is I think BB10 is going to be a little tricky to use next year.
    It's already tricky to use right now, I can't imagine how bad it will be next year
    04-10-19 07:35 PM
    @KAM1138:

my 2 cents advise: keep with Classic or Passport, i can see you do not have the slightest idea of Apple perversity gimmicks -- vade retro! Greetings.
    04-14-19 08:40 AM
    Yess Mr. Wang i stood informed about BB attempts to M$ without any positive outcome. I'm afraid you forgot to highlight the major reason of resistence against: all the security programming that blocks or desables their usual poking and probing individual devices to collect personal user infos. that's what is really keeping at distance abhorring Bberry participation. You forgot to stress this out loudly and clear enough, i deem to underline it!!!
    Regards, HNeves
    04-14-19 08:56 AM

If you type a lot, try a passport. I use a classic as a daily, and have a passport for fun, and the pp can handle android much smoother. Go for an SE if you'd like to get more ram. I use messenger lite and telegram on my classic, they work fine, I even get notifications in the hub.
    People also say that navfree is a good native alternative for bb-s, or you could try maps.me. I don't know, Coz the gps seems to be broken on my device and I use a different phone for navi if I need it.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-19 02:57 PM
    I use a different phone f.... if I need it.
    More and more... those that are using BB10 are dual carrying. To me if BB10 doesn't meet all your needs, you really can't recommend it to someone else.

But that's the reality if you need a full modern smartphone experience.... Passport makes a great companion device.
    04-15-19 03:19 PM
    More and more... those that are using BB10 are dual carrying. To me if BB10 doesn't meet all your needs, you really can't recommend it to someone else.

But that's the reality if you need a full modern smartphone experience.... Passport makes a great companion device.
    I have to dual carry, becouse the company I work for makes me use an iPhone for work. I hate it. I use it for reading emails, and calling people. I hate to type on it, it's a pain in the ***. If it wouldn't be that, I wouldn't dual carry. Maybe I will use some phone with a big screen for navi and I will keep it in the car, or take it down with me to it when needed. Or I will replace my classic for a one with a working gps.

Edit: I did not recommend it out of nowhere, he was asking specifically. I do not recommend bb10 to anyone, I am aware of the limits it faces at this time. Please read twice and ask before judging.
    Posted via CB10
    04-15-19 03:44 PM
    I will use BB 10 devices until they pry them from my cold, dead hands. I've gone from the 7250 all the way through the BB line, I just recently got an AT&T Passport. I carried a Classic for 5 years prior to the Passport, and simply won't use anything else. I do have to dual carry, my company uses a mileage app (Motus) that appears to be Android/I phone only. But they pay for it so I don't mind. That one app is literally the only thing that droid is used for. It also stays in my car 24/7-I don't trust Droid phones or their apps.
    Everything else is handled by my BB Passport. Phone, documents, text, email, BBM, maps, browsing-it's all Passport. LOVE the phone. My phones get hard use in the course of my work day, I can't imagine not using a Blackberry for my work. The classic was great, the passport is better.........My favorites were the 7250 (loved the feel of it), the Bold and the Classic. Now it's the Passport and I'll use it like I said, until it's pried from my cold dead hands.
    What a gorgeous piece of phone the Passport is! LOVE working wide-the snappy performance and the last forever and a day battery.
    As with any Blackberry, it just works. Securely, quickly and with a keyboard that feels SO good. The 3 row keyboard is a stroke of genius, it works so well!
    I can't bring myself to using a droid Blackberry-to me that just seems an oxymoron-a "secure" Android. The concept to me is laughable. Keep the DroidBerries-I'll use a real Blackberry until it all stops working.
    04-19-19 09:16 PM
    I will use BB 10 devices until they pry them from my cold, dead hands. I've gone from the 7250 all the way through the BB line, I just recently got an AT&T Passport. I carried a Classic for 5 years prior to the Passport, and simply won't use anything else. I do have to dual carry, my company uses a mileage app (Motus) that appears to be Android/I phone only. But they pay for it so I don't mind. That one app is literally the only thing that droid is used for. It also stays in my car 24/7-I don't trust Droid phones or their apps.
    Everything else is handled by my BB Passport. Phone, documents, text, email, BBM, maps, browsing-it's all Passport. LOVE the phone. My phones get hard use in the course of my work day, I can't imagine not using a Blackberry for my work. The classic was great, the passport is better.........My favorites were the 7250 (loved the feel of it), the Bold and the Classic. Now it's the Passport and I'll use it like I said, until it's pried from my cold dead hands.
    What a gorgeous piece of phone the Passport is! LOVE working wide-the snappy performance and the last forever and a day battery.
    As with any Blackberry, it just works. Securely, quickly and with a keyboard that feels SO good. The 3 row keyboard is a stroke of genius, it works so well!
    I can't bring myself to using a droid Blackberry-to me that just seems an oxymoron-a "secure" Android. The concept to me is laughable. Keep the DroidBerries-I'll use a real Blackberry until it all stops working.
    No one will have to pry it from your hands. Eventually, even for a diehard like yourself, it will become unusable.
    Enjoy it while you can. I hope the BB Android devices continue to be developed and produced for all our sakes.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-20-19 08:15 AM
    And when it stops working, you're gonna have only two choices of mobile OS's, so why not at least have some BlackBerry flavor in a KEY device ?
    It sure beats a glass slab
    04-22-19 04:04 PM
    Laughable is thinking you’re laughing at everyone when they’re laughing at your refusal to accept modern conveniences..
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-22-19 04:53 PM
    Laughable is thinking you’re laughing at everyone when they’re laughing at your refusal to accept modern conveniences..
    Some people work extremely hard trying to convince others their refusal to accept change isn’t somehow completely ridiculous. Like we care.
    04-22-19 08:09 PM
    Some people work extremely hard trying to convince others their refusal to accept change isn’t somehow completely ridiculous. Like we care.
    Says more about the people trying to do the convincing, really.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-19 08:33 PM
    I do not dualcarry. It is my daily driver for:
    - calls
    - texts
    - sync of multiple email accounts
    - notes
    - writing documents on it
    - its wonderful camera which I use for macro photography
    - I use its OTG when on a wildlife photoshoot to see which photos are the best ones and visualise them on the great screen instead of looking at the tiny screen of my DSLR
    - I listen to music / radio very often as I like the quality of its speakers, lots of youtube use over wifi
    - I browse the internet and use the built-in twitter app
    - calendar is awesome, I track my appointments with ease

I am travelling right now and making slight edits to a 20-page project proposal on the go in order to save a bit of time while travelling instead of doing it on the laptop later.

Daily driver? Sure it is! But this is my needs. It works great for me.
    04-24-19 02:22 AM
    You have a good point. I went from Symbian E7 I think with the slide up screen amazing phone to a few androids - Note 1 I remember well. Then I discovered a second hand Bold wow was amazing, then a Q5 then a Classic, you are right I didn't want to stop using Symbian, Android was not for me, iphones were way behind at the time. Symbian to BB10 was the natural path. Phones are so dull now it's more fun to dig out old phones than buy a new one that is exactly the same as last years. What happened to Nokia was so tragic, that burning platform sh*t.

PP SE most shaggable phone ever
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-25-19 09:03 AM
    BB10 is dead, most have the features don't work anymore, the phones are old antiques.

I love it though! Just started using my passport this week for work, I can live with text messages and emails handled brilliantly. Going to use my Classic next week, who cares if it's old and crap? It still works for me better than my Note 9 with all the power and bright colours. Just not for Netflix and all that modern stuff.

PP SE most shaggable phone ever
    04-25-19 09:09 AM
    I hear every day " blackberry is still made?" I use passport and classic. Each has some issues, camera, speaker, stuck keys.. I hate that I might be forced to a touchscreen phone because I literally cannot type on one and I always email and text and talk on my Berry's. I don't use apps, I have tablets for that stuff for work, I can't afford the new blackberry phones so sadly I am going to most like have to leave them behind.. I just don't know how I will function without a keyboard, I might as well get a flip phone as useful as a touchscreen is to me..
    04-28-19 12:08 AM
    Notch...no notch, all screen phones... personally I don't care. There is no phone ever like passport. Ever! Period! It's like getting a classic Thinkpad with original 7 rows keyboard (Yub! I have those too!) Not all the chiclet keyboards out there. I have 2 OG passports Red and Black. Will keep using it as my daily driver. I love the fact that the phone is "original" not all the copycats out there. Besides, apart from apps ecosystem which I don't need, phones these days are for those selfies. Work wide is the best you could ever get and the screen is still considered amazing for its resolution in today's world, especially if you change the font size to 5 and set most apps display to run on full screen mode. I know you might have comments on this but if we can get by with the core purpose of the passport, which is not all about social networking, it is still an amazing device to own. 1440x1440 is still a great resolution on a 4.5 inch display, 3GB of RAM for me is enough unless you like to open over 10 apps, sound is among the best out there, and phone calls are amazing and still better than some today's androids.

It will work as long as you wanted it to work. Peace guys and thanks Blackberry for this incredible experience on a smart phone!
    Last edited by alex_garit; 04-28-19 at 08:31 AM.
    04-28-19 08:02 AM
    I hear every day " blackberry is still made?" I use passport and classic. Each has some issues, camera, speaker, stuck keys.. I hate that I might be forced to a touchscreen phone because I literally cannot type on one and I always email and text and talk on my Berry's. I don't use apps, I have tablets for that stuff for work, I can't afford the new blackberry phones so sadly I am going to most like have to leave them behind.. I just don't know how I will function without a keyboard, I might as well get a flip phone as useful as a touchscreen is to me..
    With a little patience and practice I’m sure you’ll figure it out.
    04-28-19 08:49 AM
    Notch...no notch, all screen phones... personally I don't care. There is no phone ever like passport. Ever! Period! It's like getting a classic Thinkpad with original 7 rows keyboard (Yub! I have those too!) Not all the chiclet keyboards out there. I have 2 OG passports Red and Black. Will keep using it as my daily driver. I love the fact that the phone is "original" not all the copycats out there. Besides, apart from apps ecosystem which I don't need, phones these days are for those selfies. Work wide is the best you could ever get and the screen is still considered amazing for its resolution in today's world, especially if you change the font size to 5 and set most apps display to run on full screen mode. I know you might have comments on this but if we can get by with the core purpose of the passport, which is not all about social networking, it is still an amazing device to own. 1440x1440 is still a great resolution on a 4.5 inch display, 3GB of RAM for me is enough unless you like to open over 10 apps, sound is among the best out there, and phone calls are amazing and still better than some today's androids.

It will work as long as you wanted it to work. Peace guys and thanks Blackberry for this incredible experience on a smart phone!
    This!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-19 05:49 PM
    I was thinking about getting a key one or key 2 because I thought it was the right move after enjoying my Passport for the last three years.

I got a key one through ebay. Good price, looking forward to get it. By the moment I open the case I knew it had been a mistake. My old and loved Passport was right there and the feelings were far away from those I have with this fantastic device. I was in shock for a few moments. I really was expecting something better.

I started the key one, completed the initial steps and suddenly I realized it was a QWERTZ terminal insted the QWERTY announced...Thanks God!
    I started the refound inmediatly and of course I appologized to my Passport. It won't happend again.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-30-19 03:03 AM
    what exactly do we expect to expire at the end of this year with the pp.
    I use mine as a back up for my priv in case of wobbles etc. the. priv is a fantastic phone and does all I require. it does need a backup however even if just to sort out the druid rubbish and to cover the odd wobble. so what is supposed to cease or remain working.
    05-02-19 01:59 AM
467 ... 89101112 ...