The debate was over and won in real life so long ago by Android/IOS just in case you missed that.
    A flaming non-sequitur and derisive put-down that contributes nothing to the matter under discussion; and a perfect proexample of the kind of know-it-all, dismissive attitude too-often exhibited by some senior members of this forum.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-19 10:38 PM
    A flaming non-sequitur and derisive put-down that contributes nothing to the matter under discussion; and a perfect proexample of the kind of know-it-all, dismissive attitude too-often exhibited by some senior members of this forum.

Posted via CB10
    That’s what the report button is for if you think someone or something is offensive and/or inappropriate. We discuss all points of view around here. Unfortunately, those points of view can’t always be from the same perspective of everyone present.
    03-25-19 01:06 AM
    Well, yes! That would have been something!! Obviously I meant to write 2019.

Lol!
    03-25-19 01:20 AM
    Hi guys... it's about two weeks that I switched again to the passport.
    So, I have all the app that I need.

The 90% of the people use the decide for internet browsing, whatsapp, FB, email, map and voice.

So, I can do all these and I am happy of my PP

Posted via CB10
    03-25-19 02:57 AM
    That’s what the report button is for if you think someone or something is offensive and/or inappropriate. We discuss all points of view around here. Unfortunately, those points of view can’t always be from the same perspective of everyone present.
    Ditto & QED - see below:

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBHermes; 03-25-19 at 04:19 PM.
    03-25-19 05:59 AM
    Hi guys... it's about two weeks that I switched again to the passport.
    So, I have all the app that I need.

The 90% of the people use the decide for internet browsing, whatsapp, FB, email, map and voice.

So, I can do all these and I am happy of my PP

Posted via CB10
    Glad you are happy with your Passport in 2019.... and that it meets your needs.
    03-25-19 08:02 AM
    When I was experimenting with my Passport SE a few months back, believe it or not but the main reason I just couldn't use it as a daily was simply because the Android whatsapp didn't have the backup to Google Drive function, and I always like to have my chats and media saved and restore when I switch devices.

That alone was the primary dealbreaker, but there were many other annoyances, such as the lack of a night mode, the annoying auto-dimming when in power saving mode, the ugly color reproduction and resolution when in an android app, you name it...
    03-25-19 08:56 AM
    When I was experimenting with my Passport SE a few months back, believe it or not but the main reason I just couldn't use it as a daily was simply because the Android whatsapp didn't have the backup to Google Drive function, and I always like to have my chats and media saved and restore when I switch devices.

That alone was the primary dealbreaker, but there were many other annoyances, such as the lack of a night mode, the annoying auto-dimming when in power saving mode, the ugly color reproduction and resolution when in an android app, you name it...
    For a 2014 phone... I think it was "flagship" material. For 2019, the bar has been set much higher.

The "KEY" is does it meet an individuals needs, only the individual can answer that.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-25-19 10:02 AM
    have to say, Passport and BB10 are like virus... now I have K1 black it really works nice, it's great device, but always miss my passport and BB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-25-19 10:23 AM
    I opened my Passport yesterday to check the battery & such... what a wonderful device !! everything still works fine... I wish someone would hack the ART even were it only to Android 4.4 from 4.3 which was a good step allowing loads of app compatibility...
    03-25-19 11:41 AM
    I opened my Passport yesterday to check the battery & such... what a wonderful device !! everything still works fine... I wish someone would hack the ART even were it only to Android 4.4 from 4.3 which was a good step allowing loads of app compatibility...
    Not a matter of hacking ART, it's a matter of hacking BB10... and from what has been said, a LOT of work to upgrade the mapping in BB10 for new Android APIs.

Wonder if there was any work started on an Android update, or if Chen kill that all back in 2014 too.

But yeah a slight bump would have given BB10 a little more life.
    03-25-19 01:32 PM
    You can't hack it, as it would be required to be signed by BlackBerry to install on the device.
    03-25-19 02:43 PM
    You can't hack it, as it would be required to be signed by BlackBerry to install on the device.
    Oh, gee.... First time that's ever been posted in the last 4 years.
    03-25-19 03:10 PM
    Oh, gee.... First time that's ever been posted in the last 4 years.
    Or longer.... lot's of folks were wanting the PlayBook hacked, long before the PlayBook OS became BBX and then BB10.

PlayBook would have made a really great Android Tablet... even today. It's just the old outdated and incompatible OS that limits what it can do.
    TgeekB and dmlis like this.
    03-25-19 03:14 PM
    Or longer.... lot's of folks were wanting the PlayBook hacked, long before the PlayBook OS became BBX and then BB10.

PlayBook would have made a really great Android Tablet... even today. It's just the old outdated and incompatible OS that limits what it can do.
    True.
    03-25-19 04:21 PM
    Ditto & QED - see below:
    Posted via CB10
    Regardless of viewpoint the choice of words is excellent. You must be some kind of writer. That’s well appreciated here. Look forward to seeing more posts.
    03-25-19 04:30 PM

Well I think the processor is a bit slow also, but a lot of the OS can be worked around in the web views window, like for bindings, storage, context menus, and hardware access. Libraries that read binary large objects and encode that to a base64 stream can do pretty impressive stuff even on the z10. The office compatibility is still ok imo.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-19 10:20 PM
    I still have my passport, I also have the priv and the keyone arriving anyway now. I know it seems late but I wanted to get them when the prices was reasonable..m The passport is physically convenient and kinda wish for a android variants. also the BBPassport I believe is very manageable if u use mobile Web applications .. There are plenty out there the OS is still good and holds up well. on it I have face book and and practically looks like the application on the UI. You can also use Instagram, it's mostly read only but still take pictures and view videos clips, also there are Mobile Web sites with barecodes that work well if not better than the android apps itself.
    03-26-19 05:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Standing ovation

Posted via CB10
    simon williams4 and BBHermes like this.
    03-26-19 09:31 AM
    I think the problem arises from different perspectives on what a daily driver is.
    For one person, a pencil and paper can replace a smartphone. To others, it has to be the latest and greatest. For most of us, it’s something in between. Let’s be thankful we have variety and be respectful of other people’s choices. While I may feel a Passport isn’t worth the hassle, someone else loves the benefits it brings to them. To each their own.
    03-26-19 04:28 PM
    I'm still using my silver and have no idea what will be next...because it just works and fits my hands (not a political statement) it just does.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and Simon6333 like this.
    03-31-19 03:47 PM
    Someone said it already. Not having it is worse than dealing with android and crap screen keyboard combos when you need to be productive and communicate. Have access to all devices including key2 and best samsung huwei apple HTC etc. I still use my passport SE every day. Saved me many times. Probably had over 20 of them! Most of these apps are a timewasters paradise IMHO. Each to their respective own.
    04-04-19 04:52 PM
    Each to their respective own.
    This is the only part I agree with.
    04-05-19 04:28 PM
    I thought I'd chime in on this subject. My device has QI compatible wireless charging. 2015 (& AT&T) gave me my favorite BlackBerry device. If the Z10 had better battery life, that would be #1 . Too bad the Z30 wasn't compatible with AT&T network.
    I've been on the hunt for a replacement for more than a year. Taking a long look at Linux devices.

Eventually, I'm going to replace my...

 AT&T Passport SQW100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.3.2129 (OS version 10.3.3.3204) on AT&T
    04-06-19 05:26 PM
    I think the problem arises from different perspectives on what a daily driver is.
    For one person, a pencil and paper can replace a smartphone. To others, it has to be the latest and greatest. For most of us, it’s something in between. Let’s be thankful we have variety and be respectful of other people’s choices. While I may feel a Passport isn’t worth the hassle, someone else loves the benefits it brings to them. To each their own.
    Some of Nokia's biggest success.... haven't been smartphones. Lot's of people are happy with what are Feature Phones. There are still 100's of millions of those being sold through out the world today. So clearly not everyone needs the same experience...
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-08-19 03:06 PM
467 ... 7891011 ...