I have had BlackBerry for 8 years. Have the Z10 and have had it for 2 years. I am on Verizon and really frustrated by their support or lack of support for BlackBerry. I am on the fence for the Priv. You folks with the Passport have said a lot of good things about the phone. I am somewhat hesitant to think about a Passport when it seems like our beloved BB10 is not going to be developed further. Of course, unless I leave Verizon, I can't look at a Passport anyway. So anyone have any experience with Cricket or any other company where your Passport experience has still been stellar? I travel frequently, so coverage is of big concern. My work phone (an iphone) is on ATT and coverage is pretty good - but still lacking in some areas when I see Verizon is still doing well. Cricket has ATT. So any thoughts from you Passport owners out there who might be on a system beyond the big Ones?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 01:24 PM
    Cricket runs on AT&T towers.
    And being a lower tier division of AT&T towers the dependability will be lower than having AT&T it's self.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 01:35 PM
    Hmm, thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 01:37 PM
    before switching to Cricket, you should read complaints / reviews of thier customer service.
    Rather than Cricket, consider TMobile.
    You'll get wifi dialing and a signal booster for your home for $25 (if your signal is weak).
    12-31-15 07:34 PM
    I've been happy with cricket....

I tried tmobile but their coverage isn't in my work area so...
    12-31-15 08:09 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:39 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 09:19 PM
    Look at Harbor Mobile. They are an AT&T reseller but you will be set up as a business account and therefore Tier 1 for tower access!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    12-31-15 09:53 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 08:53 AM
    I use my passport on cricket for a little over a year now, besides the occasional dropped call I have no complaints. Actually in the whole year maybe three times my call was dropped. I have better service than tmobile in my area and in most areas that I go. Sure tmobile has WiFi calling and a Hotspot to boost your signal, but that's just a shortcut and doesn't fix their real problem of shoddy service. I say that based on my service on tmobile with my z10. I recommend cricket and you can get a passport on amazon unlocked from their warehouse deals section for cheap.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 01:39 PM
    Cricket works fine.
    01-01-16 03:58 PM
    I tried T-Mobile and Cricket Wireless on my Passport. T-Mobile was far superior. I had poor reception and signal on Cricket.
    01-01-16 11:53 PM
    I tried T-Mobile and Cricket Wireless on my Passport. T-Mobile was far superior. I had poor reception and signal on Cricket.
    Location. Nothing else.
    01-01-16 11:54 PM
    Cricket subscribers are second priority on AT&T towers. So if the tower gets high traffic that it may or may not be able to handle cricket subscribers than get bumped down to slower speed network or bumped off the service all together.
    So location and population of people that use AT&T towers in you area is going to weigh the outcome of how well cricket service is for you.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 08:09 AM
    Location. Nothing else.
    That response is valid if you're in the middle of nowhere; not when you're in the second-largest city in the US. Cricket is poor.

Cricket subscribers are second priority on AT&T towers. So if the tower gets high traffic that it may or may not be able to handle cricket subscribers than get bumped down to slower speed network or bumped off the service all together.
    So location and population of people that use AT&T towers in you area is going to weigh the outcome of how well cricket service is for you.
    Exactly.
    01-02-16 01:35 PM
    Thanks, all!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 10:05 PM