Bluetooth mini office in my case

my new Passport arrived today, love the WiFi-direct function to share data between the Classic and the Passport.

Attachment 391562
    image taken with my three year old Z10

Posted via -Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.++
    Nice Office!
    02-17-16 09:18 AM
    When people see my passport they don't think it's a phone I get questions like.. " Can you make calls with that?" or " is that a computer?"
    02-17-16 09:42 AM
    Well, I once had a colleague ask me if I could bring up a document on my "mini-tablet", referring to the Passport. He clearly didn't see it as primarily a phone. Although I never thought of it before this thread, maybe he didn't realize it was a phone at all.
    I have a couple of clients who also refer to my Passport as a 'mini-tablet' or a 'slab' (and they don't mean this negatively).
    02-17-16 01:10 PM
    I would. Since owning smartphones (all Blackberry, in my case) this is the only device that seems to veer far more toward a palmtop computer than a Phablet, let alone a smartphone. The phone function seems to be just a convenient add on, not the focal point of this device. Probably because I live my life on it, certainly all of my work life. I do all of my mail, texts, reports, brief reading, audio recording, photography, file uploads, file size changes, gaming on it too. I spend far more time on this phone than I ever did on the others where I reverted to my old Blackberry tablet or a proper Laptop for many of the functions I use on the Passport. Since getting the Passport my tablet and laptop are hardly ever used at all. It has more than paid for itself. The desktop Blend/Link software duo features are an added bonus because without moving my phone from my bag, I can see everything on my phone on my desktop too and can move files on and off the device with ease (although I do need to USB cable the device to the desktop if I am syncronising Outlook Calandar/Contacs. It is brilliant and I have no desire, whatsoever, of buying anything else on the market currently, and doubt there is anything except tablets or small think laptops which you would need a separate phone to match functionality. The Priv doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. To me, it is more a different device for a different type of traditional Smartphone user who want a phone they can type emails and texts into and play with different apps for recreactional purposes. To me, the Passport is different: it truly represents a device specifically designed for a business user primarily. It is a work tool - a sort of mini work station - not something that is ideally suited to someone who wants to text message their mates and play Angry Birds or flick through holiday snaps. That's more the Priv's territory (although the Passport can certainly handle those activities too).
    Last edited by Susan Parker; 02-18-16 at 03:06 PM.
    02-18-16 02:55 PM
    I would. Since owning smartphones (all Blackberry, in my case) this is the only device that seems to veer far more toward a palmtop computer than a Phablet, let alone a smartphone. The phone function seems to be just a convenient add on, not the focal point of this device. Probably because I live my life on it, certainly all of my work life. I do all of my mail, texts, reports, brief reading, audio recording, photography, file uploads, file size changes, gaming on it too. I spend far more time on this phone than I ever did on the others where I reverted to my old Blackberry tablet or a proper Laptop for many of the functions I use on the Passport. Since getting the Passport my tablet and laptop are hardly ever used at all. It has more than paid for itself. The desktop Blend/Link software duo features are an added bonus because without moving my phone from my bag, I can see everything on my phone on my desktop too and can move files on and off the device with ease (although I do need to USB cable the device to the desktop if I am syncronising Outlook Calandar/Contacs. It is brilliant and I have no desire, whatsoever, of buying anything else on the market currently, and doubt there is anything except tablets or small think laptops which you would need a separate phone to match functionality. The Priv doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. To me, it is more a different device for a different type of traditional Smartphone user who want a phone they can type emails and texts into and play with different apps for recreactional purposes. To me, the Passport is different: it truly represents a device specifically designed for a business user primarily. It is a work tool - a sort of mini work station - not something that is ideally suited to someone who wants to text message their mates and play Angry Birds or flick through holiday snaps. That's more the Priv's territory (although the Passport can certainly handle those activities too).

See, this is what I was thinking. It's unique, nothing like anything else on the market at all. More of a worktool than a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 09:25 PM
    See, this is what I was thinking. It's unique, nothing like anything else on the market at all. More of a worktool than a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    So now you tell us the question.
    02-19-16 09:12 AM
    It's considered the best smartphone imo

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 02:10 PM
82 ... 234