Good day, my Blackberry passport connects to pc only as disk.

Even if usb mass storage mode setting in connections not enabled.

No chances to sync any data or backup / restore phone.

Connecting it to macosx 10.13.5, also blacknerry software won't install on this os.

Tried to enable dev mode and reach device within momentics ide - no chances to detect device.

Sachesi tried to connect however forever cycling circle only shows and neither happen.

I suppose broken image exist in this phone and even reset to factory default os, does not helped.

Please suggest.
    06-08-18 01:40 AM
    I always have to disconnect my Anti-virus software (AVG) on my pc before my passport will connect . You can give that a shot. 

Posted via CB10
    06-08-18 11:16 AM
    Good day, my Blackberry passport connects to pc only as disk.

Even if usb mass storage mode setting in connections not enabled.

No chances to sync any data or backup / restore phone.

Connecting it to macosx 10.13.5, also blacknerry software won't install on this os.

Tried to enable dev mode and reach device within momentics ide - no chances to detect device.

Sachesi tried to connect however forever cycling circle only shows and neither happen.

I suppose broken image exist in this phone and even reset to factory default os, does not helped.

Please suggest.
    I believe Link does not work on a Mac above a certain OS release, I'm not a Mac user but I'm sure someone else can confirm if this is the case and which OS release 'breaks' it.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    06-08-18 11:19 AM
    I had that on my Passport running 10.3.3 as well - it turned out to be a deformed load of the OS on the Passport (not that I thought BB10 could even do that, but it apparently did) I wiped and reloaded the OS, and then it would allow backup and recovery through Link, where before it was only as a disk.
    The PC is on Win10Pro BTW, but I don't think it mattered, as it worked after reloading the Passports OS.
    06-17-18 09:29 PM