07-06-15 10:01 PM
55 123
tools
    Hello there,
    Im a 15 year old boy, who previously loved his z10, but my z10 sadly broke into pieces.(another story). I have a offer for a passport, i would like to know what are its negatves and whether i would like it coming from a z10!
    I'd say it's a beast of a device, the width may take some getting used to coming from a Z10, but like any other phone, you'll adapt quickly no doubt. Media consumption (video) is letterboxed obviously but personally doesn't bother me. The bonus tradeoff is I'm not constantly flipping between portrait and landscape mode depending on usage (camera, videos, games). The touch capacitive keyboard is great, as are the actions / shortcuts - a definite advantage over all touch imho for web browsing and emails.

SOME people are having screen lifting issues, and double typing, but I haven't experienced either issue personally.

People will definitely notice the phone, whether you like it or not, lol. If you particularly enjoy the attention, then you're best to opt for the Red Passport. And if you do make the plunge, I definitely recommend the Seidio Surface Case (and optionally the Seidio Surface Spring Clip Holster).
    07-06-15 02:29 PM
    Depends. The keyboard will take some major getting used to especially if you are used to typing on a touchscreen. If you aren't comfortable typing on a keyboard then I wouldn't recommend it as your typing will slow down.
    The voice recognition on the passport is awesome. I hardly ever use the keyboard.
    I came from a Z10 and after only about a week.... (while I still love the Z10) it couldn't compare to the Passport.

Lean how to use the voice assistant. It types as fast as you talk. It's not perfect but it "learns."
    And the keyboard is also awesome. Nothing like the ones of old. Just do the tutorial and it'll blow your mind.
    07-06-15 02:31 PM
    Is the double type that bad? Is it bearable and can it be fixed?
    I have used the Passport since launch and never experienced the double type. While I have heard it happening with the Passport, I believe it's more common with Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:34 PM
    Decent specs but questionable build quality. Search for threads here regarding screen lifting and double typing issues.

Posted via C5303
    Find these hard to believe. Had mine October 1 and absolutely no issues with the hardware. The double typing can also be had on the Q's and the Classic. usually the reason is a heavy touch from what I see. While there are some threads out there, not really a reason to shy away from the Passport.

I would highly recommend the Passport to anyone.
    07-06-15 09:36 PM
    usually the reason is a heavy touch

I would highly recommend the Passport to anyone.
    That's the only time I see double typing on mine.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 10:01 PM
55 123