I started out with the Z10, I fell in love with the screen resolution, and the BB10 platform. I used my Z10 for almost 2 years.

Then upgraded to the Z30; now that was a powerhouse compared to the Z10... louder dual speakers, bigger screen size, quality build materials, better antenna, and to top it all off AMAZING battery life!!

Once again, I upgraded to the Passport. What more can I say, loving the Qwerty keyboard, the 3G of RAM keep you humming along, the screen size, the better quality build materials, the screen resolution, the battery life is great, I'm now officially a power user, as I don't even carry my iPad Air around with me anymore since my Passport does everything I need.

So would I say the Passport is for the average consumer, I'm an average consumer and I love my Passport!

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    07-06-15 12:54 AM
    I have no double type issues on my Passport and it's a great Device. For work and for causal using

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    07-06-15 05:02 AM
    The only major point IMHO is if you mind single handed operation.
    This is barely impossible with the Passport.
    Other than that, I found no solid reason to refrain.

P.S: ok, video display is smaller.
    07-06-15 07:58 AM
    is video playing and android apps that bad? and do most of the native apps support it?
    Well I wouldn't say video playing is bad. I installed vlc from playstore and anything I want to watch is working flawlessly. I have found two android apps that are not working, which I'd love them to work - osmos and upc horizon. The other round 60 apps work good.
    Why 60 apps? I have been an android used since HTC desire Z ages ago and have quite a bunch of useful apps I need on daily to weekly basis - mostly for public transport, bank accounts, science - related apps and some highly specialized medicine-related apps...
    Tbh BlackBerry Passport was the easiest platform switch I've ever tried (android to BlackBerry). Tested the iphone 5s for around 2 months before giving it back and although wp8 seems to be a good mobile os, I just could not get used to the bricks :P
    I have my passport since a few months now and never had any issues with it (knock on wood). For me it's important to be able to visualize fluorescence pictures, CT and mri data etc, which just works perfectly on the passport. Work wide really bought me...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:56 AM
    Since you loved your Z10 this is your chance to go from common to uncommon. From ordinary to extraordinary!
    07-06-15 10:02 AM
    Going from the Z10 to the passport was nearly as dramatic as going from a Storm/Storm2 to a Z10. The size difference is very significant and you will wonder how you functioned before on that tiny screen. The speed and battery life is completely a different league than the Z10.
    07-06-15 10:19 AM
    This is a personal decision, based on your circumstances. How do you use your phone? Do you like a physical keyboard? Have you seen and held one (because size and shape could be a problem, for some people)? All of these things affect your experience. Get what is comfortable you, not what someone else likes. No matter how "good" it is, Passport is not a fit for everyone.
    07-06-15 11:09 AM
    Aside from the size, and the lack off apps (which I don't really care about), the phone is perfect.

Excellent screen, battery life, speakers (loudspeaker and ear), and fantastic microphone"s" that can pick up anything

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:57 AM
    The only major point IMHO is if you mind single handed operation.
    This is barely impossible with the Passport.
    Other than that, I found no solid reason to refrain.

P.S: ok, video display is smaller.
    I compared my Z10 to a Passport side by side one day and realized the actual screen width on the Passport was only a slight amount less than the horizontal width of the Z10 in landscape mode. I was surprised, I thought it would be much less. I figured I would't notice the difference in actual use.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-06-15 12:03 PM
    An excellent phone. Can't say it would fit much 15 year olds but it fits me and I'm sure it would you

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 12:16 PM
    I compared my Z10 to a Passport side by side one day and realized the actual screen width on the Passport was only a slight amount less than the horizontal width of the Z10 in landscape mode. I was surprised, I thought it would be much less. I figured I would't notice the difference in actual use.
    Absolutely, therefore the P.S position, but I wanted to be 'factual' .
    Thanks for clarifying.
    PHughes likes this.
    07-06-15 12:17 PM
    Hello there,
    Im a 15 year old boy, who previously loved his z10, but my z10 sadly broke into pieces.(another story). I have a offer for a passport, i would like to know what are its negatves and whether i would like it coming from a z10!

When I was 15.. I had a pipe that was perfect and it got broken (that's another story) I then got a bong that (at the time) I could barely get my hands around but it worked so much better than the pipe.
    I learned how to do a lot of things with that bong.
    The only down side to it all is the voice recognition acts a little funny after a bong hit!

Go for the Bong! YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!

Posted with my Passport in one hand and my bong in the other hand!

(Hey! It's legal!!!)
    07-06-15 01:11 PM
    By the way.... Define Common!!!!!
    07-06-15 01:55 PM
    Love my Passport. I've had no problems with it. And i'm a common man for sure. But i have to say i'm really interested in seeing the new Slider.
    07-06-15 02:00 PM
    Add me to the list of people that have gone from z10 to passport.
    The only thing I miss from the z10 is......seems like there was something.

Oh well, I will think of it sometime.

Anyway, been very happy with it so far. Ah, yes. The z10 was easier with one hand. That is it.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:07 PM
    Depends. The keyboard will take some major getting used to especially if you are used to typing on a touchscreen. If you aren't comfortable typing on a keyboard then I wouldn't recommend it as your typing will slow down.
    07-06-15 02:10 PM
    The build quality with mine is phenominal. So rugged and durable.

I really think that the build quality issue must come from quality ccontrol issues, instances of lemons getting through and being sold.
    Mine has been solid. The steel frame is very solid and feels like a premium phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:10 PM
    All you need to know has been pretty well covered.what you need to know. The things you really need to focus on are:

1) Size: It's not as easy to pocket as the Z10 (maybe not at all in tighter jeans). And it's really not a one handed device, although some say they've gotten used to one handing it.

2) The keyboard: I came from Android and Swiftkey, which is probably the best onscreen kb there is. It took a bit of getting used to a kb that combines physical, some onscreen functions, and the kb being touch sensitive. This one's up to how you use your device. It'll take some getting used to, no matter how you use it.

3) Apps: I probably use more Android stuff than a lot of people. There are some functions I was unwilling to give up, where there's no BB equivalent. Or there are both BB and Android apps, but the Android allowed syncing with other devices or was more feature rich. Again, this is a matter of how you use your device. But the Passport is very good with Android stuff, still not friendly with things that must have Google services to work at all.

4) Screen size: This is one you'll love or hate. It's big, which is nice for just about everything. It's square, so there's no difference between landscape and portrait orientation. There are some display variations you can try that are per app, which individualizes each app. Most you won't do anything. A rare few just won't like the square screen, although those seem to be decreasing in number. If you do a lot of video, you'll always have the black bars -- no help from switching orientation.

Having said all that, I quickly got addicted to my Passport and wouldn't trade it for anything else out there.
    07-06-15 02:14 PM
    Depends. The keyboard will take some major getting used to especially if you are used to typing on a touchscreen. If you aren't comfortable typing on a keyboard then I wouldn't recommend it as your typing will slow down.
    This is not necessarily true. It is true that typing speed can slightly decrease going from a touch keyboard to a physical keypad. When I went from my z10 to the passport, my keystroke speed did decline but my accuracy went up so there was a net gain in overall speed.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:17 PM
    Is the double type that bad? Is it bearable and can it be fixed?
    Some people have double-type with various reports of it being fixed with some leak versions. I haven't experienced that particular problem.
    07-06-15 02:18 PM
    It will change your life for the better. JUST DO IT

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:21 PM
    Slow down somewhat initially but definitely more accurate. I also find typing speed picks up after a while. I use the vibrate on autocorrect option and that helps accuracy as well.
    07-06-15 02:22 PM
    Common Man....
    Somebody, someone, the average guy, a person of no influence, an ordinary person,John Doe, man in the street
    commonplace; unexceptional,somewhat inferior or below average; mediocre. run of the mill!

Well, that definitely counts ME out! But you're still young. You still have time to make the choice of greatness.
    To be the best you can be.

Go for the bong!!!
    There is nothing "common" about BlackBerry users! This may be muddying the waters, but if you loved the Z10 you might also look at the Z30. I'd have a Passport in a heartbeat if it was available on Verizon, but the Z30 may be my next BlackBerry. I'm using an iPhone 6 now plus a BlackBerry Classic.
    Slow down somewhat initially but definitely more accurate. I also find typing speed picks up after a while. I use the vibrate on autocorrect option and that helps accuracy as well.
    I disagree. I'm far more accurate on a touchscreen phone than I am on the Passport, but to each his own.
    07-06-15 02:23 PM
55 123