Who cares whether it's 350 pounds or 600 pounds? Either way, it'll be 40 quid a month with nothing up front so whatever!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    09-13-14 09:58 AM
    Who cares whether it's 350 pounds or 600 pounds? Either way, it'll be 40 quid a month with nothing up front so whatever!

I am beginning to wonder if it will be available on consumer contracts. I have not seen a general discussion in regards to this but, they may just offer the device to BES customers & business contract customers.
    09-17-14 07:50 AM
    I am beginning to wonder if it will be available on consumer contracts. I have not seen a general discussion in regards to this but, they may just offer the device to BES customers & business contract customers.
    Well, you may be right, but CPW looks like it will stock it and they don't really care what contract they sell it with. We'll know next week. I don't usually use CPW but it looks like O2 won't sell it unfortunately.

09-17-14 07:56 AM
    It's really difficult to access what is happening in the UK. It seems Blackberry UK is no existent now on social media, before you could check on their facebook page to see what was happening specifically in relation to the UK.
    09-18-14 05:41 PM
    I'm beginning to consider making the jump back to BB and grab either the Passport or the Classic. I'm favoring the Passport as of now due to it's size, despite the hideous appearance. (Why not just make the phone longer, with everything else being the same?)

The $800 retail price isn't that bad. I just saw the Q10 list price on Amazon, and it was over $1,000. My expectation is that the Passport will have poor sales (while the Classic will probably do, comparatively, well) and the price should drop within a month or so of initial U.S. release.

Amazon's basically giving away their Fire Phone right now ($0 with a year of Prime). I don't think Passport sales will be nearly as low as the Fire, but I do think it will be a bargain pretty quickly. If T-Mobile decides to sell it, then I'm probably going to pull the trigger.
    09-18-14 06:27 PM
    I think the Passport will have great sales for at least a couple of months, while all of the existing BlackBerry fans who want a QWERTY phone with a large screen snap it up. Then we may se a steady decline, depending on how well it is received, and whether BlackBerry can make traction with large business clients.
    There will undoubtedly be people who will mock the Passport from Day 1. What's left to be seen is how much value it actually offers in practical terms, and whether people are going to be willing to let go of what's familiar, in order to adopt something that's fairly strange, but might grow on them.

I'm beginning to consider making the jump back to BB and grab either the Passport or the Classic. I'm favoring the Passport as of now due to it's size, despite the hideous appearance. (Why not just make the phone longer, with everything else being the same?)

The $800 retail price isn't that bad. I just saw the Q10 list price on Amazon, and it was over $1,000. My expectation is that the Passport will have poor sales (while the Classic will probably do, comparatively, well) and the price should drop within a month or so of initial U.S. release.

Amazon's basically giving away their Fire Phone right now ($0 with a year of Prime). I don't think Passport sales will be nearly as low as the Fire, but I do think it will be a bargain pretty quickly. If T-Mobile decides to sell it, then I'm probably going to pull the trigger.
    09-19-14 02:20 PM
    You guys are pretty funny....retreat! Everyone want's bigger better faster out of Blackberry but you don't want to pay for it! You can't buy a Dodge and expect it to run like an Audi. You probably pi$$ out the difference every month that it would cost to pay a few bucks more for a new revolutionary device. We've all been asking for it so how can you complain?

DB
    I think the reality is more about the consumers expectation is higher than what they can financially afford in real life. This is not just restricted to BlackBerry product alone. Kids these days expect nothing less than an Iphone, Ipad or any other latest gadget from their birthdays and Christmas presents. This is consistently the same with the adults who goes into debt to afford latest trend of anything. We want latest and greatest everything but we can't afford it. Hence all these complain about pricing. Don't get me wrong, I'll be the first to knock you down for a free Passport. But one has to realistically expect a certain price point for certain product. As terrible as BlackBerry situation is. The company is not having a fire sales on it s latest product. The company has enough professionals to crunch the numbers and set a realistic price for the device. We might disagree but we have no inside information to dispute how they come up with the pricing either.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    09-19-14 05:47 PM
    The Paratek antenna alone on the Passport is worth an extra $50 IMHO.
    09-19-14 08:48 PM
    Here in Jamaica I am hoping the price won't kill me.

I am still on the fence as my Z10 has performed flawlessly.
    So to shell out probably $800 in this tax crazy country is giving me pause.

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    09-19-14 09:40 PM
    Knock off that virtual keyboard comment iphone just topped it with ios8 they pretty much stold the blackberry type keyboard with predictive text and made it better.
    09-19-14 11:13 PM
    4. If you are on BES, possibly some security. Otherwise, for consumers the iPhone actually offers more protection.

Posted via CB10
    Possibly some security in BES10? Can you please point me in a direction that will not offer "possibly" and "some"? But offer definitely and complete.
    Please elaborate how iPhone offers more protection as I haven't seen anything that shows either platform offers more than the other.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by byex; 09-20-14 at 12:46 AM.
    09-20-14 12:29 AM
    I hope it becomes the best selling BlackBerry to date.......clearing the path for more innovations.

From my sexy Q10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-23-14 07:17 PM
162 ... 567