With all your reasoning, I'm very much surprised that you still own a BlackBerry. Do you actually buy phones because of its resale value? You seriously think that iPhone 6+ is actually better than the Passport, pound for pound? IMHO both phones seems equally good on paper, therefore I don't understand any rational justification for being willing to pay more an iPhone 6+ than one would for a Passport, except for wanting to own a recognizable status symbol or an "in thing".

I hope BlackBerry does not devalue this beast "Passport" just to appease those who truly don't appreciate its value.
    ROFLMFAO. "Appreciate it's value"? If I put aside the ridiculousness of that statement being applied to a phone for a minute, could you possibly elaborate what "value" it brings?

I personally am starting to feel that BlackBerry has some fans that are even more delusional than iSheep. It's quite a turn-off, figuratively speaking.

Posted via CB10
    Daveensannie likes this.
    09-11-14 09:12 AM
    With all your reasoning, I'm very much surprised that you still own a BlackBerry. Do you actually buy phones because of its resale value? You seriously think that iPhone 6+ is actually better than the Passport, pound for pound? IMHO both phones seems equally good on paper, therefore I don't understand any rational justification for being willing to pay more an iPhone 6+ than one would for a Passport, except for wanting to own a recognizable status symbol or an "in thing".

I hope BlackBerry does not devalue this beast "Passport" just to appease those who truly don't appreciate its value.
    Excuse me, but I have owned a BlackBerry since my 7100i back in the day. Which was my favorite one to this day and never let me down. But, I kept looking for something better from them and I never came, just empty promises.

I drifted away for a few years and came back last year when they launched the z10 here on T Mobile USA. I put up with the device restarts, exchanges and so on. I hung in there and bought a z30 and have converted 10 folks over to a z30 the last four months, so yes I like the brand.

I will still speak my mind on how they price and launch new products. The passport is overpriced for what it is, they should be pricing new products to attract new users, not scaring them away from the brand.

I remember the z10 launch and how in a matter of months the price dropped because the device didn't sell. I think the passport is headed down the same path, I thought they would have learned something.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    NG888 and Mo Cat like this.
    09-11-14 09:27 AM
    Release price passport = $800 by the end of December = $500

Posted via CB10
    chalx and Daveensannie like this.
    09-11-14 09:51 AM
    Release price passport = $800 by the end of December = $500

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, instead of releasing it at 499.00 to attract new folks over to the platform.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    Mo Cat and Daveensannie like this.
    09-11-14 10:22 AM
    If I paid $800 for a phone my wife would seriously freak. Likewise If I told my boss I needed an $800 phone. Who is their target audience for this exactly?
    chalx likes this.
    09-11-14 10:29 AM
    Hand me an iPhone 6 free and I would pass it on to whoever wants it. That's how much I believe the BlackBerry OS is better. I am not sold on their system. Tried it many times due to hype but find myself wondering how to get my work done faster. BlackBerry 10.3 will be the ultimate tool.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:34 AM
    I thought it costs around 600 to 650.00. If they price it around $600, I am sure they will sale more of it. $800 is too expensive for a poor guy like me.
    09-11-14 10:36 AM
    If I paid $800 for a phone my wife would seriously freak. Likewise If I told my boss I needed an $800 phone. Who is their target audience for this exactly?
    So no iPhone 6 for you.
    09-11-14 10:37 AM
    Why are you guys getting so worked up over a rumoured price? I am pretty suspicious this is what they will be selling it for as it's basically more expensive than any other phone out there and much higher than all the other previous rumoured prices.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-11-14 10:42 AM
    Probably the same guys that will buy the P'9983. Basically, nobody. Personally, I don't believe that this information is correct. A misstep like this seems completely counter to how the new management has been steering the company. Pricing like this is fitting for the old management crew, delusional and out of touch with reality. Either that or (as I said before), they are trying to bury the hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    JL Sweeney likes this.
    09-11-14 10:43 AM
    For what it's worth as well I have been told by a fairly high profile CrackBerry community member that it's $650 Canadian 600 USD. Take it for what it's worth as I have no way to verify but this seems much more likely than $800.
    09-11-14 10:46 AM
    For what it's worth as well I have been told by a fairly high profile CrackBerry community member that it's $650 Canadian 600 USD. Take it for what it's worth as I have no way to verify but this seems much more likely than $800.
    Though still high, that's much more palatable. $550 USD/$600 CAD would make it more competitive still.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-11-14 11:28 AM
    ROFLMFAO. "Appreciate it's value"? If I put aside the ridiculousness of that statement being applied to a phone for a minute, could you possibly elaborate what "value" it brings?

I personally am starting to feel that BlackBerry has some fans that are even more delusional than iSheep. It's quite a turn-off, figuratively speaking.

Posted via CB10
    Value is an intrinsic and subjective attribute that's applicable to a service or product and may vary based on individual preference. In other words ones anticipated satisfaction is directly correlated to what they might be willing to pay for that service or product. For instance, people who are very intrigued about tornadoes may pay "tornado chasers" a high sum of money to participate in tornado chasing, meaning they appreciate the value of tornado chasing. etc.
    So my friend, if one does not think that the Passport will bring "added value" to their lives, be it productivity, status or whatever tickles their respective fancies, they will always think the Passport is always overpriced even if it was hypothetically priced for $1.
    There is nothing delusional about what I said. I'm just curious if you can name one thing in your life that you did that you didn't attach a "perceived value" to. I'm eagerly waiting for you to enlighten me.

Finally, say what you may, I will be getting Passport because based on the "purported" info about the phone, I will appreciate the "added value" to my work and social life. Oh btw, I also appreciate the value my iPad brings to my family's gaming life. So what fan did you call me again"
    Thrac Dark likes this.
    09-11-14 11:45 AM
    Lol u guys in here make me laugh, you really do.

All u people having your ***** fits...first of all relax. has these prices come from BlackBerry itself?? I don't see any official sources saying this will be the price. 800 is far too high, if BlackBerry even think about selling it at that price they might as well shut the hell down.

Here in the uk, I imagine the price will be around �500 or so which I think is still too high. If BlackBerry want to get back into the game then they should be selling this phone for about �400 to �500 max and no more. As good as BlackBerry 10 is, it's nowhere close to the higher end androids or iphones and it just can't justify such a high cost I'm sorry to say.

Learn from your past mistakes BlackBerry and don't over price the passport or otherwise it's ball game over.

Posted via CB10
    Jtaylor1986 likes this.
    09-11-14 11:52 AM
    Screw BlackBerry and their pricing! When will they ever learn?!

Posted via CB10

What do you expect them to give away phones?

Get real.

That's a bit higher than I'd like but for a flagship phone it shouldn't be all that surprising.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-11-14 12:14 PM
    release date belgium: 29 Sep - 03 Oct

BlackBerry Passport - PDAshop.be
    09-11-14 12:16 PM
    My colleague who is also a BlackBerry fan is also going to dump his Z30 if this ends up being the Passport pricing.

Posted via CB10
    LOL
    09-11-14 12:23 PM
    I'm more intrigue the report says a week or two after the the initial release that it will be available in the US. I thought like the Z10 it will be a few months after. If that is true it's certainly a huge improvement. I for one is happy for our US friends who wanted a Passport.
    bakron1 and app_Developer like this.
    09-11-14 12:24 PM
    What do you expect them to give away phones?

Get real.

That's a bit higher than I'd like but for a flagship phone it shouldn't be all that surprising.
    BlackBerry is dead in the eyes of others, so to let them even think of getting a BB when they see one, is first by its pricing and if they come to know what BB10 is! But If its priced like a stupid iPhone, no one would buy it!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 12:30 PM
    LOL
    Like I said before, no upgrade path means that he will ride out a few more months with the Z30 and after that it's off to another platform. Not having competitive pricing when you don't have a value proposition is a double whammy.

Posted via CB10
    ronconet likes this.
    09-11-14 12:31 PM
    Definitely getting the Passport as soon as it's announced. I bought my Q10 outright last time but will have to get it on contract this time.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 12:43 PM
    I can't believe people are going nuts over this rumored pricing. BlackBerry needs to actually make money - they can't sell it at a loss! They will have cheaper options available such as the Z3 or Classic. It seems people are expecting mass-market pricing for their flagship phone, which isn't intended on being a huge seller. They have a particular demographic they are aiming for. I suspect the price will actually be in the $600 range off-contract. If you don't think it's worth the price, then get something else or wait for the price to come down.
    AshMcAuliffe likes this.
    09-11-14 12:57 PM
    Blackberry better sale the Passport for $100 off contract or I'm going to be pissed.
    09-11-14 01:04 PM
    BlackBerry is dead in the eyes of others, so to let them even think of getting a BB when they see one, is first by its pricing and if they come to know what BB10 is! But If its priced like a stupid iPhone, no one would buy it!

Posted via CB10
    Making your product cheaper doesn't necessarily sway buyers. They'll see it as the cheap option and combine that with the opinion that BB is dead, they'll avoid it like the plague. BB will also make little off the sales they do get (assuming the price isn't so low as to be sold at a loss), and they'll end up being HTC. There's no way BB can afford to be price-competitive with Chinese Android vendors. They can only try to offer something different and unique that justifies the price. BB is not mass-market. Those days are long past. They fill a niche. It may be that BB users of the past don't fit that mold anymore.
    tinochiko and Kennedy.L like this.
    09-11-14 01:05 PM
    Belgium Webshop. No price yet. BlackBerry Passport - PDAshop.be
    BLACKBERRY PASSPORT

Actuele status: binnenkort leverbaar
    Verwacht: week van 29 september - 3 oktober
    09-11-14 01:12 PM
162 1234 ...