Thanks.....
    11-17-14 03:48 PM
    Passport is by far the worst.

Posted via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav and imcurved like this.
    11-17-14 04:25 PM
    Passport is by far the worst.

Posted via CB10
    I think you need to take a closer look. Also doesn't help when the pictures are not of the same shot. I think passport did a good job.

Tim

Posted via CB10 app on my Q10
    11-17-14 05:33 PM
    Lumia 1020 is the best. I own one and by far, nothing can beat the pictures it take.

Passport is not that bad, but the HTC M8 and the iphone 6 trumps it.

The camera, after all, is not the selling point of this device.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:46 PM
    Be sure you are matching up the right phone with the right photo. I originally thought the phone name was below the camera but it actually follows the phone name.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:41 PM
    I think you need to take a closer look. Also doesn't help when the pictures are not of the same shot. I think passport did a good job.

Tim

Posted via CB10 app on my Q10
    I agree. For the outside shots, it really depends if the sun's goes in and out of the clouds when you're taken a shot.

The indoor shots would be more consistent and it looks like the Passport performed very well.

It would be great to show the shots zoomed up to see how good the resolutions are compared to each other.

Posted via CB10 on my Stylish & Efficient Z10
    11-17-14 07:00 PM
    Why did the user take 1:1 photos when 4:3 photos on show the maximum fov? 1:1 is completely pointless; it is a 4:3 that is cropped with the horizontal view chopped off
    11-17-14 07:10 PM
    The Passport camera sucks! Worse than the Z10.

Source: I have both the Z10 and the Passport

Posted via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    11-17-14 07:22 PM
    With all due respect, your "source" is nothing but your own opinion.

In MY opinion, having experience with a Q10, a Z10, a Z30 and the Passport, the Passport takes a good picture. It even takes a good enough picture when in the hands of a less than talented photographer!

I figure that my opinion and experience should have at least as much validity as anyone else's.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-17-14 07:29 PM
    You are doing something wrong if you think the Z10 camera is better than the Passport. I have the Passport as well as the Z10 and a Q 10 and there was absolutely no comparison between the cameras. The passport is far far superior camera period .
    Below is a picture taken in an indoor wine barrel room where it was very dark. This picture was taken without a flash. There were 40 other camera phones in the room trying to take a similar picture and the Passport took the best picture according to all present.
    BlackBerry Passport cameras compared with iPhone 6 cameras, HTC One M8 Nokia Lumia 1020 Nikon D3200-img_20141108_202143_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then you are doing something very wrong...

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    11-17-14 07:41 PM
    Is a way to side load the Best software for the camera?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:53 PM
    @calcareer - what OS are you running? My passport can't focus in 75% of cases with. 918

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-17-14 08:14 PM
    The passport has a good camera but the auto focus sucks... hope they fix that asap
    11-17-14 08:38 PM
    Why will they include a dslr on smartphone photography challenge coz it's very obvious how good and versatile a dslr haha! It doesn't make any sense haha!

APC via Z10
    11-17-14 08:41 PM
    Lumia 1020 is the best. I own one and by far, nothing can beat the pictures it take.

Passport is not that bad, but the HTC M8 and the iphone 6 trumps it.

The camera, after all, is not the selling point of this device.

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    Myself being one of the early adopters of the Passport, found the camera quality way better on the beast than on any previous BlackBerry ,however surprisingly the software needs a bit of optimization. But my point is , if it isn't the selling point then why put a 13 mpx sensor, which is way higher than the M8 and the iPhone 6. Might as well just put an 8mpx sensor and sold it at a lower price.

Just a thought..

Regards,

Gautham
    11-17-14 08:49 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Posted via CB10
    I have both and I disagree... also latest software os, from early reports, show marked improvement in the camera... focusing and speed of focus needing to improve...

Anyway it's the best camera of any Blackberry to date...

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 08:50 PM
    @johnniemeno I am running OS version 10.3.0.1418.
    I look for where I want to focus in the scene, tap that area to focus on, and then take the picture.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    As did I. I would completely disagree however. The passport camera is much better. The one thing that seems worse is the focus routine. Once you work out how to focus reliably, the picture quality is far better. I have compared Z10 and passport photos and the passport wins every time (if we focussed properly).

Video is even more skewed towards the PP. I regularly take videos of school performances. As soon as you zoom in, the OIS of the PP makes the Z10 video feel like a bad boat trip. The PP is also a brighter lens - it uses lower ISO and faster shutter meaning less blur. I have to wait till the sun comes out for a fair test, but I took a PP photo of the same scene as I did when I got my Z10 (out my office window). Bright sunshine for the Z10 - ISO 70, 1/571s. The PP was taken in overcast, dark conditions and was ISO 55, 1/748s. Very impressive. I'll wait for the sun to shine before posting the photos. The Z10 also had a lot more noise.

I used to use (and still own) a pureview 808. 808 users tend to compare lots of photos just to keep proving they have the best camera Doing this with the Z10 and PP, the PP was much better.
    11-17-14 09:17 PM
    I don't know but for my old eyes I still think there's nothing like a Nikon.
    11-17-14 09:22 PM
    Whatever. Since I got the Passport, I am now the one looked to in my group for good mobile photos.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    11-17-14 09:38 PM
    For anyone doubting BB10 camera quality in general, and Passport camera quality in particular, subscribe to the BlackBerry Photography BBM channel.

It's amazing what a bunch of amateurs can turn out in terms of composition and quality. There are some potential award-winning photos is the bunch. One thing is obvious: the Passport camera has resolution and sharpness in the right hands. Does the software have all the bugs worked out? Perhaps not, as my impression with a PP hands-on was that patience is required with the focus.

We initially had some bad learning experiences with the Q10 and Z30 - a nasty set of wedding pix comes to mind. However, my wife and I rarely ever take the DSLR on our hikes any more. The photos we get are excellent, and some are enlarged framed on our walls as artwork, with beautiful results.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    11-17-14 09:50 PM
    Hi,
    Myself being one of the early adopters of the Passport, found the camera quality way better on the beast than on any previous BlackBerry ,however surprisingly the software needs a bit of optimization. But my point is , if it isn't the selling point then why put a 13 mpx sensor, which is way higher than the M8 and the iPhone 6. Might as well just put an 8mpx sensor and sold it at a lower price.

Just a thought..

Regards,

Gautham
    I have no experience with previous Blackberry. But I have experiences with other phones (iphone 5s, galaxy s4, lumia 1020, etc.). The passport is my first BlackBerry device.

With regards to the camera, what I'm trying to say is the Lumia 1020 was really advertised as a camera phone. And having one (and still using it as my secondary phone) nothing beats the 1020. But it's rightfully so, since it is advertised to be the best camera in all smartphones. Is it the best phone? Not necessarily, thus I am using my passport as my primary phone (I always carry two phones around).

Why did they put a 13mp camera? To put some decency in their camera which has notoriously been perceived to be below average. But everything is not about pixel count. Sensor size also plays a role. iPhone have small pixel count but their sensor size is bigger than most phones. The bigger the sensor the less strain needed on the lens. BlackBerry Passport's camera isn't bad. But it is nowhere near the Lumia 1020(which is close to two years old already but is still in the dicussion of best camera phones. It is arguably comparable to micro 3/4ths cameras. Thus, the comparison with the DSLR in th OP's link. But that is my point, the 1020 is a camera phone but my all around phone is still my BlackBerry Passport.

The Blackberry Passport is advertised as a productive phone. It's decent camera is a plus but people buy it for productivity.

IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    11-17-14 10:06 PM
    M8 camera is pretty good. Used my friend's phone to record videos too. Focus faster and snaps picture fast. The camera app on passport is not the best of the lot for me. Even my Q10 can take photos better than PP.
    11-17-14 10:14 PM
29 12