I was wondering if anybody had experienced a certain glitch with the camera. I've noticed the glitch approximately 1 year after I got my phone (January this year). I called their representative, but since it was past its one year warranty, they wanted to charge me for checking the phone.

I decided to check online to see if any other users found a similar issue before sending mine in. Without any results, I decided to reboot my device in hopes it would repair itself. Although it did not at first, it started to work again after a few weeks, yay! No idea how it did it, but definitely happy!

To describe the glitch, the camera had a minor sound when focusing, and it actually would try to do so very rapidly but to no avail. The pictures would come out all blurry so I got frustrated and deleted them all... From what I saw, it seemed like a hardware issue.

I was just wondering if anybody also had this issue, because I plan on keeping this device for a good while, and would hate for it to fail on me any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 08:28 PM
    Haven't had the issue myself. But have seen others reporting about the sound and bad focus.
    And turns out the camera was or did fail. Something to do with stabilization.

Might be able to just replace the camera if it does fail. That's if you can find the part.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 09:43 PM
    I think what you may be talking about is the auto focus. I had a problem with it on my red Passport. I eventually had it replaced because the pictures were all terrible, and if I played around with the green box that appears on the screen when you're about to take a pic, it wouldn't focus.

It was a hardware issue, so I went through Shop BlackBerry's RMA process and they replaced my whole phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 09:53 PM
    M facing d same prob guys....Going to try resetting d phone...dont know whether it will work though????

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 10:03 PM
    Wow, guess I wasn't alone. Thank you for the feedback! I was thinking of getting it checked by BlackBerry, but now it miraculously works. I hope it will work again for you Dennis!

As for the other issues mentioned, I've had none up to now. Absolutely wonderful phone! I do wish John Chen will keep BB10 up though, have a personal Android and tried Apple ecosystem... absolutely not comparable in terms of efficiency and productivity.

My camera takes pretty decent pictures though. I know it's not state-of-the-art, but with a bit of skill, it still comes out pretty good!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 10:16 PM