Hi,

I have decided to upgrade to a Keyone as Whats App will not be supported on my passport from June30 th 2017.

Can I do the following:

- Back Passport and restore to Keyone
    - Copy Whats app chat and from Passport to Keyone
    - Copy text messages from Passport to Keyone
    - Copy phone history/calls, made, received and missed from Passport to
    Keyone

Thanks
    03-31-17 09:36 AM
    More than likely no. The keyone is an android device and the passport is a BBOS device. Two different operating systems. Does the whatsapp allow you to back up to an account? That would be your only chance.
    03-31-17 09:47 AM
    I'm a little older, What's so special about What's App? I don't get it!

Posted via CB10
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    03-31-17 12:39 PM
    Whats crap. BBM better.

Posted via CB10
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    03-31-17 01:18 PM
    I don't know anything about WhatsApp, but isn't there a migration tool to move from BB10 to BlackDroid that would move everything else to the KEYone?

However, if such a utility exists, I hope it works better than LG' Switch app. Took me most of the day to move my wife's stuff from G3 to G4.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    Last edited by ppeters914; 04-03-17 at 03:23 PM.
    03-31-17 03:30 PM
    Hi,

I have decided to upgrade to a Keyone as Whats App will not be supported on my passport from June30 th 2017.

Can I do the following:

- Back Passport and restore to Keyone
    - Copy Whats app chat and from Passport to Keyone
    - Copy text messages from Passport to Keyone
    - Copy phone history/calls, made, received and missed from Passport to
    Keyone

Thanks
    For SMS, contacts, notes, tasks and calendar entries (and I think, also call logs and history) you can use the app "Content Transfer" which you can find in BlackBerry World on your Passport and on Google Play Store on BlackBerry Android devices.

For WhatsApp there is currently an in-app option to backup history on BB10 and create an Android equivalent to pass unto an Android device using an SD card. It says it's "unsupported" but it is working, I did the process for my PRIV.

AFAIK, there is now way to transfer BBM chat history, in case you plan to use the same BBID. In my case, I decided to open a new one and keep my old one on my Passport. This is is also a good way to further communicate and transfer content between devices. The only downfall is that if you are part of a BBM group, you'll need to add the new BBID.
    03-31-17 04:33 PM
    Man. Just wait and see if WA will be gone for BB10. We dont know yet. Dont buy a price android phone.

via Q10
    03-31-17 04:35 PM
    Man. Just wait and see if WA will be gone for BB10. We dont know yet. Dont buy a price android phone.

via Q10
    +1
    03-31-17 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    You and me both...I don't get it too!

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport.
    04-01-17 10:22 AM
    You and me both...I don't get it too!

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport.
    Whether we like it or not, it has become the standard instant messaging platform in many parts of the world.

For me BBM is better and still favour it for communicating with my parents and girlfriend, who have BB10 phones. Sadly, it's not the case for the rest of my contacts and I can't and shouldn't force them to switch.

Some people just have the need for it and if WhatsApp indeed drops support for BB10 after June, I'm glad BlackBerry offers an alternative with Android devices for its users.

Using the Android app on BB10 is hardly an ideal solution for a regular user of WhatsApp, it may work for occasional ones though.
    04-02-17 08:41 AM
    I think "need" is relative. I know for me, I just use the standard sms. Features. One doesn't need half the crap we have. It's just the fact that it's available more on Android is what people like.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 09:28 AM
    Yup! I went from Passport to Priv using the Content Transfer app. Worked great. You'll be all set before you know it. I backed up to a memory card and put that card right into my Priv and restored from it. Brilliant!
    04-02-17 08:35 PM
    Yup! I went from Passport to Priv using the Content Transfer app. Worked great. You'll be all set before you know it. I backed up to a memory card and put that card right into my Priv and restored from it. Brilliant!
    Good to hear. I'll probably be doing the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 09:29 PM
    Nice to know something works. Thanks, Jack.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    04-03-17 03:25 PM
    I am afraid that you will not be able to transfer the chat history from passport to key one since WA does not support the restoration of backups from another OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 04:07 PM
    Yes, you can do that with content transfer app for the sms call logs and contacts and with the option in Whatsapp "export to android". I transfered my Z30's info to my PRIV
    04-03-17 09:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 09:46 PM
    Just a heads-up regarding SMS transfer using the BlackBerry tool... if I am not mistaken there is 3,500 texts limit... before doing it I would check my texts and erase the conversations that don't matter to me anymore...
    04-03-17 11:20 PM
    Since I use Google for calendaring with a sync and their email is also my work server, I get everything on the passport when I had too reinstall.
    So I presume it should be no issue on a K1.
    What's so urgent to keep in a text message? I suggest that if it's that important and you are loathe to use paper, email yourself the contents.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 06:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    In my country Malaysia, our instant messaging apps is WhatsApp. It's like the whole Malaysian use it as their primary messaging apps. Like china use Wechat & line and some countries use viber, line, kaokaotalk & such.

All Malaysian have Whatsapp on their smartphone nowadays. It's necessary for us..

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    04-04-17 12:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is a world outside North America...
    04-04-17 12:12 PM