11-07-15 02:10 AM
140 ... 456
tools
    Impressive from most of you guys though.....2 days the least I get but hardly use except every now and then browsing and email ...the occasional call etc
    01-01-15 09:26 PM
    Blackberry Passport battery life-img_20150102_100738.png
    Ive got 2 days of moderate use (wifi at home and LTE when im outside) and i still have some juice left.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:39 PM
    I think I am missing something. How do you turn on power saving? My battery life is really good but I want to see if it can get even better if I try that out.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 10:11 PM
    I think I am missing something. How do you turn on power saving? My battery life is really good but I want to see if it can get even better if I try that out.

Posted via CB10
    Power saving is a feature of a soon-to-come 10.3.1.

People who have that use leaked os versions

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    01-02-15 05:00 AM
    Guys the battery usage will vary. I am a real power user and my passport last about 14 hours. Sometimes people in this forum say they are heavy users and they get 1.5 days out of the battery. In reality those people are not heavy users, they probably use it 20 minutes per hour. I can sometime use my phone for two to three hours straight when I'm working on documents or email. That's heavy use. No other phone could give me that amount of hours of use. To achieve the best battery performance do the following,

Put brightness to the lowest setting. It might seem dim but your eyes get use to it after a few days.

Turn off location services when you don't need them.

Make sure all your apps don't connect to bbm. That takes power believe it or not.

Make sure you don't have Skype installed. Even when skype is closed it drains the crap out of the battery.

Turn off bluetooth and NFC and Wi-Fi when not in use.

If your email uses active sync or push it'll shouldn't take a lot of your battery so your ok there.

Posted via CB10
    guinnsquirrel likes this.
    04-19-15 10:44 PM
    There is something seriously wrong on my end........ I just switched to blackberry from my old note 3 because I wanted something different but secure. I'm at 84% with 11hrs of battery left and that was after I turned on battery saving mode which was at 10hrs at 85% before the switch. Not sure how you guys are getting 24+hrs out of the device. I do use my BBP heavily.

I switched all my apps to not run in the background as well.

Current apps:
    Facebook (new 28 working apk)
    Duolingo
    De Telegraf
    CB10
    Vine
    Tumblr
    Soundcloud
    Podcast Republic
    Airbnb
    Inst10
    Maps
    Snapgrab (doesn't work)
    Amazon app store
    Fitbit
    Waze
    WD My cloud
    Weather
    Shazam
    Pandora
    Itranslate
    Evernote

It may seem like a lot but that is usually a standard setup on a smart phone. Maybe my use is too heavy for the device considering that I consume a lot of media. I've also notice the dreaded heating issue in the top right when running apps like vine that need constant processing.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.
    Calvin BB likes this.
    08-28-15 02:34 PM
    I just bought the blackberry passport from amazon 2 days back n it's giving me a very bad battery life. Max 12 hours! I just got 2 Gmail accounts, facebook n whatsapp in the hub. Pls help guys. Wt do I have to do??
    Have you noticed any improvements yet?
    10-07-15 11:39 AM
    My battery is fantastic. I'm on 10.3.1
    Attachment 313190

Posted via CB10
    How long have you had your phone?
    10-07-15 11:40 AM
    2 days normal use, heavy use one day 20h

Posted via CB10
    What do you have your brightness set to?
    10-07-15 11:42 AM
    Don't follow the battery usage. That's just a general average of your current habit. I realized this when at one moment I'd have 88% with 12 hrs left. Then 30 minutes later I'd have 88% with 18 hrs left. So I stopped looking at my usage and just watched my battery meter on the top left corner of my phone throughout the day. Then I'd get the feel of how my phone was doing. But i never gotten less than a full day of use in the year I've had my PP from moderate to heavy use.
    10-07-15 02:17 PM
    Don't follow the battery usage. That's just a general average of your current habit. I realized this when at one moment I'd have 88% with 12 hrs left. Then 30 minutes later I'd have 88% with 18 hrs left. So I stopped looking at my usage and just watched my battery meter on the top left corner of my phone throughout the day. Then I'd get the feel of how my phone was doing.
    OK thanks alot..after realizing that power save was off, I turned it on a couple hours ago and instead of having 54% with 3 hours left, I noticed it says 44% with 20 hours left, I can't believe it's such a major difference! I learn something new about this phone every day thanks again for your help.
    10-07-15 02:21 PM
    Hi, i got my passport 1 day ago and its at 43% and giving me 3 hours, is this normal?
    11-06-15 05:36 AM
    There is something seriously wrong on my end........ I just switched to blackberry from my old note 3 because I wanted something different but secure. I'm at 84% with 11hrs of battery left and that was after I turned on battery saving mode which was at 10hrs at 85% before the switch. Not sure how you guys are getting 24+hrs out of the device. I do use my BBP heavily.
    I don't use my phone heavily everyday, but there are times where I'm on the road and will use my phone heavily. I don't think there is any phone on the market that can last 24hrs of heavy use. I get anywhere from 10-13hours under heavy use and that is okay for me. I do carry a small external battery pack with me when I expect heavy usage though.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:27 AM
    Hi, i got my passport 1 day ago and its at 43% and giving me 3 hours, is this normal?
    Depends on how heavily you were using the device at the time.
    If it has been sitting for awhile then that's probably not normal.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:29 AM
    Mine can last a day and a half. Here are some info :
    _ OS: 10.3.2.2789
    _ 3 email.
    _ Facebook Lite + Instagram + Viber + Skype ( all android) all day
    _ 1 to 2 hours of call per day
    _ No sms ( cuz I have skype)
    Take off charge at 7am, 30% remain at the end of the day, leave it over night on bedside mode and wake up with 19-ish left. I can still dig out a couple hours still noon.
    Hope it help!
    11-07-15 02:10 AM
140 ... 456