This is messed up...any tips?

Attachment 321762

Posted via CB10 with my Passport
    Your issue seems straightforward and shows up on your screen capture. LTE is on and coverage seems to be poor with only two bars. Change to 3G and see if it improves.

From my experience with various BlackBerry 10 smartphones there is never anything inherently wrong with the phone hardware. It is 100 % down to user settings and usage patterns.
    Even with much criticised z10 I was getting up to 48 hrs battery life when others could last for 5 hours.

There is no point in thinking it's bad phone, bad battery, bad OS, bad radio or other reasons that I call urban legends that are so widespread on this boards.
    The phone is most probably fine, adjust settings and observe how it behaves afterwards.
    12-26-14 02:05 PM
    Superb battery life. I get more than 24 hours of moderate to heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    Which os version are you using? I found the stock one is not providing much battery life to me. sadly....

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:11 AM
    You have PIM services eating your battery.
    How many email accounts you have? What are sync periods any other info?

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    I only sync 2 gmails. And fb, twitters & Evernote. Pretty standard.

I am considering flashing back to the stock BlackBerry OS to see how things go.

Any good tips about settings from you which can help me troubleshoot?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:15 AM
    Look at my thread. I have been there with my battery life sucks: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=986141

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    12-27-14 01:25 AM
    I only sync 2 gmails. And fb, twitters & Evernote. Pretty standard.

I am considering flashing back to the stock BlackBerry OS to see how things go.

Any good tips about settings from you which can help me troubleshoot?

Posted via CB10
    What are settings for gmail? Because gmail sucks a lot with bad settings on

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-27-14 06:59 AM
    Look at my thread. I have been there with my battery life sucks: ...

Hi engrbugs,

Thank u for your thread sharing. Perhaps I will try to do as what u did with my passport. But I face the the same situation as u do - there are some android apps which I can't live without, such as Pocket and wunderlist and some news apps which are all missing in the blackberry app world. If I have to compromise my android apps in order to retain the great battery life wit my passport, I am afraid that's the worst news for me.

Blackberry Passport battery life-img_20141227_220446.png

( unlike your case in which the PIM ate a lot of the battery life) From the screen shot above, you can see my 30% battery life gone in 4.x hrs with the usage of PIM and other android apps being decent. Just don't know why that's so bad in my case.

If the culprit turns out to be the the android apps eating too much juice from the battery, I will write blackberry support about this.

Sigh....

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:11 AM
    What are settings for gmail? Because gmail sucks a lot with bad settings on

I don't think the setting of my gmails is the culprit because I just use the default setting when I set up the accounts.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:14 AM
    Try deleting Skype. Whether running or not, it will give you an extra 20% by the end of the day.
    12-27-14 08:43 AM
    Do u mean android Skype or the one available from BlackBerry World?
    12-27-14 09:49 AM
    Do u mean android Skype or the one available from BlackBerry World?
    There is no native BB10 Skype. The one in BlackBerry world is also an Android port.
    12-27-14 09:51 AM
    I deleted it long back.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:32 AM
    have absolutely no battery drain issues here. im still in shock when i see my PP battery at high percentages even the next day later, with no recharge. its incredible...the battery life this phone has.
    12-27-14 11:55 AM
    have absolutely no battery drain issues here. im still in shock when i see my PP battery at high percentages even the next day later, with no recharge. its incredible...the battery life this phone has.
    Hi theclipart,
    I wonder if you hv installed any android apps on your blackberry passport and which is you are using now. My BlackBerry passport now can only last for about 12 hrs.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:01 AM
    Anyone can explain this ?
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Passport battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1419761828496.jpg  
    12-28-14 04:17 AM
    Look at my thread. I have been there with my battery life sucks: [/url]

Would u mind to share more information with me about your setting or the like to that I can check against my setting? I deleted most of the android apps which is believed to be assuming too much battery and keep 1-2 only. The phone still lost half battery juice in half day in the following screen shot.
    Sigh..... it's driving me mad!!!!!!!!!

Blackberry Passport battery life-img_20141228_182621.png

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:27 AM
    Anyone can explain this ?
    You are using unofficial os version (leak). Most probably - bug in device manager

12-28-14 04:50 AM
    Would u mind to share more information with me about your setting or the like to that I can check against my setting? I deleted most of the android apps which is believed to be assuming too much battery and keep 1-2 only. The phone still lost half battery juice in half day in the following screen shot.
    Sigh..... it's driving me mad!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141228_182621.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	323712

Posted via CB10
    Can you check the Pim services battery usage and cpu usage from device manager? Most probably you'll see something like this:

Blackberry Passport battery life-img_20141217_145720.png

Blackberry Passport battery life-img_20141217_145726.png
    Blackberry Passport battery life-img_20141217_145732.png
    I am planing to disable my gmail account because I think it is the culprit.

12-28-14 04:52 AM
    Can you check the Pim services battery usage and cpu usage from device manager? Most probably you'll see something like this:

Name:	IMG_20141217_145720.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	323716

Name:	IMG_20141217_145726.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	323717

Name:	IMG_20141217_145732.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	323718
    I am planing to disable my gmail account because I think it is the culprit.

i didn't get you since from the statistics your gmail account used little of the resource. I didn't see the need to change disable that for the sake of battery life saving.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 06:34 AM
    I'm a power user and have never had a phone be able to handle me. The BlackBerry Passport lasts a whole day for me. And on days I work the phone literally lasts all day and night. I will attach a picture of the OS I am currently running.
    Blackberry Passport battery life-img_20141228_073416.png

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 06:35 AM
    i didn't get you since from the statistics your gmail account used little of the resource. I didn't see the need to change disable that for the sake of battery life saving.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, even it shows few % on my charts, they display exact those moments when I had huge battery drains from PIM services

12-28-14 09:03 AM
    Working pretty well, my battery is lasting quite longer now , I have many android applications installed. Have play store, have aptoide and amazon. Android applications only drain battery when am actually using them.
    Blackberry Passport battery life-img_20141228_220513.png

From my BlackBerry Passport
    12-28-14 10:36 AM
    Your issue seems straightforward and shows up on your screen capture. LTE is on and coverage seems to be poor with only two bars. Change to 3G and see if it improves.

From my experience with various BlackBerry 10 smartphones there is never anything inherently wrong with the phone hardware. It is 100 % down to user settings and usage patterns.
    Even with much criticised z10 I was getting up to 48 hrs battery life when others could last for 5 hours.

There is no point in thinking it's bad phone, bad battery, bad OS, bad radio or other reasons that I call urban legends that are so widespread on this boards.
    The phone is most probably fine, adjust settings and observe how it behaves afterwards.
    Thank you! What else would you suggest adjusting?

Posted via CB10 with my Passport
    12-29-14 09:13 PM
    I've gotten as much as 30 hours.. and as little as 20 hours depending upon usage. All in all, excellent life

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:13 PM
    The single best advice I can give you for best battery life is install Basa battery analyser.
    Do a factory reset, setup the phone the way you like it and without adding any apps from stores. Then use the phone for a week and notice your average standby power drain. This is you baseline.
    Only then install the rest of the apps you use and then compare if baseline changed. That's All there is to it.
    It let me enjoy the battery life of my BlackBerry phones the way it was intended to be from the manufacturer.

After that you will be amused reading many battery life posts and some solutions people give that usually don't work. You will be able to check it out yourself and be the judge.
    kawikaratekid likes this.
    01-01-15 08:47 PM
    I had a Z30 for over 6 months and now the Passport for 3. The Passport usually sitting at 60 to 70% when I put it on charge at night. The Z30 usually was around 50 to 60%. I would say that the Passport is better in my use case. In most all cases I can go 2 days on a single charge, but usually do not because of nightly charging convenience.

Personally I think the type of cell signal is the biggest factor of battery life and the 2 phones are slightly different in their antenna configuration.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    01-01-15 09:08 PM
140 ... 3456