Thinking of getting the passport for att with the rounded edges but I want to know how weird it is to use being the size. Any comments?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 03:38 PM
    Rather a personal preference question. Obviously some people love it and some people hate it. You pretty much need to try it for yourself. Personally I don't find it awkward at all but I have rather large hands.
    01-11-15 03:51 PM
    Two hands: Not awkward to hold. May be awkward to type if you have smaller hands (requires more horizontal travel with your thumbs).

One hand: May be awkward to hold if you have smaller hands. Using the touchscreen may require shifting your grip such that your index finger is positioned closer to the top of the phone. One-handed typing may be technically possible but not recommended.
    01-11-15 03:54 PM
    I got a passport this weekend. Coming from a Q10 I thought it would be easy. Well it is definitely different due to the width. But after a day or two I found I got used to the width and I am more than comfortable using both the physical keyboard and the screen. I am so impressed with what this phone can do. I would recommend anyone to try it. It will either work for you or it won't. What I can say is you should definitely try it.

Posted using Q10 (White)
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-11-15 04:05 PM
    After a while it will feel natural.
    Get away from the thought that you're operating a phone.

This is a laptop in the pocket, if you look at it that way, it won't seem strange at all... :-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-11-15 04:05 PM
    I got a passport this weekend. Coming from a Q10 I thought it would be easy. Well it is definitely different due to the width. But after a day or two I found I got used to the width and I am more than comfortable using both the physical keyboard and the screen. I am so impressed with what this phone can do. I would recommend anyone to try it. It will either work for you or it won't. What I can say is you should definitely try it.

Posted using Q10 (White)
    Actually posted on my new passport!

Posted using Q10 (White)
    GeoK likes this.
    01-11-15 04:06 PM
    I got a passport on Dec 22. Iv never spent any great amount of time on a keyboard phone before. Iv always typed on a glass screen up till now. I have to say the first week I thought about returning it. It took a bit getting use to typing on a keyboard , the balancing while typing and transitioning from keyboard to glass for numbers and symbols
    Now you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
    01-11-15 04:21 PM
    Actually posted on my new passport!

Posted using Q10 (White)
    Yeah, right! It clearly says "Posted using Q10"!
    01-11-15 04:24 PM
    After a while it will feel natural.
    Get away from the thought that you're operating a phone.

This is a laptop in the pocket, if you look at it that way, it won't seem strange at all... �
    Have to agree with this. The Passport is so much more than a phone. You will quickly get use to the width.

Passport on AT&T
    01-11-15 04:42 PM
    I am on day 4 with the PP, and it is getting easier daily to use. I find the balance in my hands much better than the torch was.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:45 PM
    Typing is difficult at first. I am still trying to get the hang of it. Screen size is something else. I have a Classic as well and I am trying to decide which one to keep. The size is great which has me leaning towards the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:50 PM
    I do not have a Passport so may be I should not comment but I do think that it is not possible to use it with one hand only. I have been testing it (mostly comparing with the Classic) at the stores and typing when holding it in one hand is practically impossible. I am hesitant to buy Classic (low specs) but I do not think that I could use Passport.
    01-11-15 05:04 PM
    It feels weird at first, especially coming from a more compact phone like the Q10.
    After a while you start asking yourself why people always call it enormous and gigantic - it is not THAT big after all, or is it?

What I'm trying to say is that you get used to it and it will feel normal after some time. It will never feel compact though. Forget one-handed operation too.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:07 PM
    Two hands: Not awkward to hold. May be awkward to type if you have smaller hands (requires more horizontal travel with your thumbs).

One hand: May be awkward to hold if you have smaller hands. Using the touchscreen may require shifting your grip such that your index finger is positioned closer to the top of the phone. One-handed typing may be technically possible but not recommended.
    I have small hands and totally agree with this assessment. At first I was a bit wary of the size but now I am quite comfortable with it. Awkwardness is only at the start then you adjust. There really is no other device that is physically similar. Real issue is why a Passport versus a Q10, Classic or other device.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:11 PM
    I got a passport on Dec 22. Iv never spent any great amount of time on a keyboard phone before. Iv always typed on a glass screen up till now. I have to say the first week I thought about returning it. It took a bit getting use to typing on a keyboard , the balancing while typing and transitioning from keyboard to glass for numbers and symbols
    Now you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
    So, that implies you use both hands?
    Large hands as well, I find it quite comfortable, though I mostly type 2 handed. Would love for the browsing "back" arrow to be a bit more centered, I find it a stretch to reach while surfing right handed only. Alternatively, if the keyboard "scroller" could go back with a swipe, that would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:27 PM
    I have average hands, at least I think I do. I buy Medium Large gloves if that helps you. For me, the Passport's size and weight speak volumes about how well built this device is. So when you are typing something it handles very well. I've always been a two thumbs typist but I use my Passport one handed for many, many actions without discomfort. Is it different yes. Is it awkward for me no. And I am very impressed with its battery life and the screen is simply fantastic. So give it a try. I think you'll like it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:35 PM
    I have small hands as I'm only 5ft, but it's fine to hold for me - however I am used to large phones as my previous device was a Samsung Note 3 and before that the Note 2. One thing I will say is the keyboard is a little stiff, which is my only complaint with typing on it.
    01-11-15 05:40 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:07 PM
    I first held one on release day and it felt awkward. I caved the last week of December and got it and it hasn't felt as awkward it felt that first day. I didn't love it as I was playing with it on day one, which is why I didn't get it right away. Then after reading good reviews and reading about the adjustment period I got it... in fact, I actually love this phone right now.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:13 PM
    I have small hands and I don't find it awkward.
    01-11-15 07:23 PM
    Thinking of getting the passport for att with the rounded edges but I want to know how weird it is to use being the size. Any comments?

Posted via CB10
    I think people are confused or stuck on the looks, as opposed to real life use.

Once you handle it, it is perfect IMO.

Waaaaaay more pocketable and hand friendly than the other big phones.

You want awkward, try dealing with the Note series, iPhone 6+, or Sony Xperia Z Ultra, etc....
    01-11-15 07:37 PM
    Not that convenient typing on when lounging around.

Blackberry is definitely geared towards business use.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-11-15 07:42 PM
    It only will feel awkward when you hold a Q10 now.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:55 PM

In fact, with two hands it's the most comfortable phone I have ever held.
    I think the ATT version might be better.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:50 PM
    Not that convenient typing on when lounging around.

Blackberry is definitely geared towards business use.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Why not? As long as you use both hands. One hand not so much.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:51 PM
49 12