So I have the bb passport two months. Everything was perfect until one day Instagram app I have downloaded with apk and messenger, stopped working. I tried everything but nothing helped. I started copying my files to my computer such as images etc in order to do a wipe. I was struggling to copy my contacts to the SIM card and save my notes to the computer. Note that I have a MacBook so blackberry link didn't work at all. I downloaded blackberry link in a windows pc BUT today my bb passport decided to fall apart completely.
    Everything crashes and doesnt open despite the restart I did, the reset with volume + - buttons.( Settings, browser, contacts, and everything else don't open and I cannot receive messages or emails) . Im so upset cause I haven't saved yet my contacts and my notes.
    I dont wanna do a security wipe before I save them

Please help. I used for a day a blackberry charger of an old blackberry I had because I forgot its original to a friend. Could be the cause of its behaviour? I don't know anymore. Also I have deleted the images and photos I saved to the computer, so it doesnt have any issues with memory.
    06-30-17 06:10 AM
    Buy Android.
    06-30-17 07:33 AM
    So I have the bb passport two months. Everything was perfect until one day Instagram app I have downloaded with apk and messenger, stopped working. I tried everything but nothing helped. I started copying my files to my computer such as images etc in order to do a wipe. I was struggling to copy my contacts to the SIM card and save my notes to the computer. Note that I have a MacBook so blackberry link didn't work at all. I downloaded blackberry link in a windows pc BUT today my bb passport decided to fall apart completely.
    Everything crashes and doesnt open despite the restart I did, the reset with volume + - buttons.( Settings, browser, contacts, and everything else don't open and I cannot receive messages or emails) . Im so upset cause I haven't saved yet my contacts and my notes.

Please help. I used for a day a blackberry charger of an old blackberry I had because I forgot its original to a friend. Could be the cause of its behaviour? I don't know anymore. Also I have deleted the images and photos I saved to the computer, so it doesnt have any issues with memory.
    I've had the same issue this past week. It started with my SIM card internet suddenly not working. The next morning my apps stopped working except for my phone call app; couldn't do anything else, not even access Settings or receive text msgs. I had to switch my SIM to my Z30 and the internet issue continued, then my phone froze up and I took out the SIM. The Z30 has worked fine since then. My problem is that I can't recover my files from my Passport so I haven't wiped the phone yet. BBLink does not work for me and has not been working for a while so I have no recent backup. I have too many pictures on my phone to give up just yet.

Any help would be appreciated.
    07-01-17 08:32 PM

download and buy xbac pro to backup your contact and note

 Passport SE - SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2163
    07-02-17 09:44 AM
    After having given up on Link, at some point it started working again, as did Blend, on my Macbook Pro, you might want to try again, here's my settings in case it helps. Remember you can select what you want to backup so it doesn't take ages.

On the Mac, with 10.12.5:

My Firewall is on, Block all incoming connections is off, DesktopInvokeProxy has Allow incoming connections, Automatically allow built in software to receive incoming connections is on, Automatically allow downloaded signed software to receive incoming connections is on.

On Network I see the connections Blackberry (en6) with a self assigned IP, and Blackberry (en5) not connected, as I perform a Link backup via USB cable.

On the Link preferences I have selected Open Blackberry Link when a device is connected.

On the Passport, connected directly to a USB port (not a hub):

Blend is off. On Networks and connections, USB is connected, USB Mass Storage Mode, Charge only mode and manual IP address are off. On device connections, allow connections is on, I can see my Macbook in paired computers and tablets. On media sharing everything's on. On storage and access, on acces using USB everything's off. Access using wifi is on.

My full backup took 7.98 GB and half an hour, saved to an external drive. Good luck, I know how maddening Link and Blend can be!
    07-03-17 11:36 AM