I've got a listing of APKs that I'm needing for my Blackberry Passport. Generally, most of my downloaded apps from the Google Play Store function properly, but then there's those that don't work at all. Anyone have true and tested apks or a source to get these apks that are known to work for my Passport? Why do some work and others don't? Yes, some require Google Play services so they won't work with my Blackberry but the others ... what's up with this? - CJ

Tile
    Paypal Mobile
    Panera Bread
    Twitter
    ESPN
    Turo
    Lime
    Cash App
    PayPal Here
    LED Glow
    Google Chrome
    MLB Ballpark
    Cocktail Flow
    Leafly
    10-31-19 12:33 PM
    Becuase a Passport isn't an Android phone....

Need to checkout FDroid and Yalp.

Maybe those still using BB10 can give you some alternatives... I'd suggest you google search "BlackBerry Passport __________" with each app you need. Might find some solutions.

But the payment and banking apps... The Android 4.3 that BB10 is stuck on is too old for most of those.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-19 03:32 PM
    Appreciate it. I use a few sites for my apks but certain ones from various sites still don't work, so maybe FDroid, Yalp have ones that are more compatible for my Passport. Thanks.
    10-31-19 03:41 PM
    I've got a listing of APKs that I'm needing for my Blackberry Passport. Generally, most of my downloaded apps from the Google Play Store function properly, but then there's those that don't work at all. Anyone have true and tested apks or a source to get these apks that are known to work for my Passport? Why do some work and others don't? Yes, some require Google Play services so they won't work with my Blackberry but the others ... what's up with this? - CJ

Tile
    Paypal Mobile
    Panera Bread
    Twitter
    ESPN
    Turo
    Lime
    Cash App
    PayPal Here
    LED Glow
    Google Chrome
    MLB Ballpark
    Cocktail Flow
    Leafly
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often...

As Dunt above states, the ART 4.3 is one major limitation. Many apps related to money or payment accounts now require ART 5.0 or even ART 6.0 now. Keep in mind the BBMo KEYone and Key2 are using Android 8.1 for the most part. Some features or security protocols are now set minimum Android 9 PIE as we’re now seeing Android 10 release. You may need cheap Android device of sorts for some of your needs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-19 03:42 PM

Tile
    Paypal Mobile
    Panera Bread
    Twitter
    ESPN
    Turo
    Lime
    Cash App
    PayPal Here
    LED Glow
    Google Chrome
    MLB Ballpark
    Cocktail Flow
    Leafly
    Sorry but most apps above won't work, if they do they will crash.
    No payment app will work.
    You can use Passport for calls, emails.
    If you need online payment apps! U will need android PHN with at least 5.0 min. Higher the better always!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-19 02:22 AM
    I appreciate it. I do use a secondary, a Galaxy Prime Core and my Samsung tablet for those apps that won't run on my Passport. I've been aware of certain apps not working properly on my Blackberry for quite some time now, I thought maybe someone had figured out a way to get those certain, particular apps to work and run smoothly with a Passport. What can I say ... I love my Passports that I've previously had and continue to use and its always complemented when I travel. I'd love it if Blackberry brought back an updated Passport with the current modern features with Google Play and its available apps to be compatible with the Blackberry Passport.
    11-01-19 05:33 AM
    I appreciate it. I do use a secondary, a Galaxy Prime Core and my Samsung tablet for those apps that won't run on my Passport. I've been aware of certain apps not working properly on my Blackberry for quite some time now, I thought maybe someone had figured out a way to get those certain, particular apps to work and run smoothly with a Passport. What can I say ... I love my Passports that I've previously had and continue to use and its always complemented when I travel. I'd love it if Blackberry brought back an updated Passport with the current modern features with Google Play and its available apps to be compatible with the Blackberry Passport.
    OK! If you want an upgrade for Passport, it's the key2.
    If you really want your Passport feel back you can look for the Unihertz Titan rugged blackberry inspired smartphone, it's almost same design as Blackberry Passport, but it is missing the keyboard swipe.
    Here is the link below if you are interested. It's 4 GB ram, 128 inbuilt storage, dual sim

Posted via CB10
    11-01-19 09:03 AM
    Sadly it's a 2014 Phone and OS.... there is only so much the fanbase can do. Many here are like you, they love the Passport and don't want to let it go. Dual carrying is really the best option.

As Jadhav said KEY2 is the best up to date BlackBerry out there.... and for those that want to work wide, but aren't as picky about security... the Titan is an interesting product.
    11-01-19 09:22 AM
    No payment app will work.
    Shouldn't really be trusting payment app APK's from random sites/people anyway. @cijtx210 You have a Galaxy Prime Core, you should use that to download the APK's yourself from the Google Play Store. Clear out the middle man.
    11-01-19 01:11 PM
    Shouldn't really be trusting payment app APK's from random sites/people anyway. @cijtx210 You have a Galaxy Prime Core, you should use that to download the APK's yourself from the Google Play Store. Clear out the middle man.
    Galaxy Core Prime was also launched in 2014, with android 4.4, I guess!
    With 1 GB ram only! Don't think payment apps will work on it!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-19 03:01 PM
    Galaxy Core Prime was also launched in 2014, with android 4.4, I guess!
    With 1 GB ram only! Don't think payment apps will work on it!

Posted via CB10
    My point wasn't about making them work. It was about obtaining the APK files rather than using random sites and people for APK files. It would still be able to download the files and if they're being used on a Passport, well that's in even worse shape as it's still on 4.3.
    11-01-19 03:03 PM
    My point wasn't about making them work. It was about obtaining the APK files rather than using random sites and people for APK files. It would still be able to download the files and if they're being used on a Passport, well that's in even worse shape as it's still on 4.3.
    Yes! Even 6.0 has been discontinued long back!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-19 03:58 PM