Faked. I can show you a screenshot of a passport running iOS if you want.
    06-17-15 11:21 AM
    Easy photoshop
    MS Paint is enough
    diegonei likes this.
    06-17-15 11:30 AM
    No android! I got a BlackBerry for many reasons, the main one is the OS.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    06-17-15 11:37 AM
    My nexus 7 is running lollipop, this is what my settings screen looks like:
    BlackBerry Passport with Android-screenshot_2015-06-17-12-50-48.png
    06-17-15 11:53 AM
    My nexus 7 is running lollipop, this is what my settings screen looks like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-17-12-50-48.png 
Views:	787 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	358077
    Which proves the twitter image fake, because again if you look at the twitter image the order of sequence is messed up, along with the fact under STATUS it says All Service ON which doesn't make sense
    06-17-15 11:59 AM
    Which proves the twitter image fake, because again if you look at the twitter image the order of sequence is messed up, along with the fact under STATUS it says All Service ON which doesn't make sense
    I wouldn't say that proves it is fake. After all, the easiest way to fake it would be to just take a screenshot from an actual Android device. Then the sequence would be in order. So if it is fake, the faker actually spent more time and effort faking it than he needed too.
    06-17-15 12:14 PM
    I wouldn't say that proves it is fake. After all, the easiest way to fake it would be to just take a screenshot from an actual Android device. Then the sequence would be in order. So if it is fake, the faker actually spent more time and effort faking it than he needed too.
    Or they just failed that bad
    06-17-15 12:20 PM
    Doesn't prove anything; critical thinking please. If a partnership between Google/BlackBerry is happening, I would think a rather special amalgamated version of BBOS/Android will end up on the devices, fusing elements of both operating systems. That could easily explain "All Service On."

Just because the order of the About screen is different doesn't automatically prove it's fake. Why would the poster go through the hassle of changing the order in an image editing program to make it look LESS real? I would think it'd be the other way around if his motive was to prove authenticity.
    06-17-15 12:27 PM
    Bull****.
    Android can go to hell.

The way I see it, BlackBerry may gain some new converts with this stupid fiasco (if it's true that they are turning tail to Android), but will definitely loose many of the loyal customers, because this would be like a spit and a slap in their faces. A kick with maniacal laugh in the groin.

Ugh!
    06-17-15 01:07 PM
    Image is fake, the About Phone information is incorrect, device should come before android version. After version should be baseband. Even 4.3 is in this order.

Attachment 358065

Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    The order changed on Lollipop. And also the Android build number can literally be changed by an edit in the build.prop file.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-17-15 01:10 PM
    Bull****.
    Android can go to hell.

The way I see it, BlackBerry may gain some new converts with this stupid fiasco (if it's true that they are turning tail to Android), but will definitely loose many of the loyal customers, because this would be like a spit and a slap in their faces. A kick with maniacal laugh in the groin.

Ugh!
    It's called choice. I see BlackBerry offering devices with the option of running Android, not replacing BBOS altogether. If that's the case, how is it any different then now?

Your groin wouldn't be kicked, and your face wouldn't be slapped. Simmer down.
    06-17-15 01:17 PM
    There is, of course, a rather glaring oversight: Android has no drivers for the Passport's hybrid keyboard. So it's a fake for sure.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    06-17-15 01:19 PM
    The order changed on Lollipop. And also the Android build number can literally be changed by an edit in the build.prop file.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    look at the nexus 7 running lollipop screen shot, still disproves the image
    06-17-15 01:22 PM
    If they can make it work like dual boot with bb10 and android would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-17-15 02:04 PM
    look at the nexus 7 running lollipop screen shot, still disproves the image
    Dude, you really need to revisit the definition of the verb prove.

There is, of course, a rather glaring oversight: Android has no drivers for the Passport's hybrid keyboard. So it's a fake for sure.
    So? And how do you know the drivers don't exist, can you point me to information? A linux driver may work just fine and register the keyboard as a generic input device, irregardless of the capacitive touch functions. Unless I'm missing a video showing the Passport keyboard scrolling on an Android build, your statement doesn't mean anything. I can boot Android-x86 on various machines, and for some it boots but the touchscreen doesn't work. It still boots, which might be exactly what this guy has accomplished on his Passport.

Not saying it's real, but all you people proving it's fake have very flawed arguments.
    06-17-15 02:07 PM
    Dude, you really need to revisit the definition of the verb prove.

So? And how do you know the drivers don't exist, can you point me to information? A linux driver may work just fine and register the keyboard as a generic input device, irregardless of the capacitive touch functions. Unless I'm missing a video showing the Passport keyboard scrolling on an Android build, your statement doesn't mean anything. I can boot Android-x86 on various machines, and for some it boots but the touchscreen doesn't work. It still boots, which might be exactly what this guy has accomplished on his Passport.

Not saying it's real, but all you people proving it's fake have very flawed arguments.
    Dude you've never written a driver then. I have. I've also worked with software architectures like AutOSAR, where software modules are build-time portable across controllers. But driver software by definition is tuned to its respective hardware. There is no mixing and matching.

06-17-15 02:27 PM
    Dude you've never written a driver then. I have. I've also worked with software architectures like AutOSAR, where software modules are build-time portable across controllers. But driver software by definition is tuned to its respective hardware. There is no mixing and matching.
    Then please explain how and why, for example, my Toshiba keyboard tablet dock's touchpad does not work on Android-x86, but once I pass generic usb.quirks command with vendor/hardware ID to the kernel, it can utilize the touchpad but not with full functionality. The driver it's using isn't specifically built for it. Oh please explain, wise one.

Good try shifting the conversation, but what you said before about a driver not existing is a separate issue from booting Android. He may have Android fully working on his Passport with a usable touchscreen and keyboard backlight, but the touch capabilities of the PKB might not work.

If your PC is missing a driver for the NIC, is it just not going to boot?

I'm glad you have so much experience, that's very cool, but irrelevant.
    06-17-15 02:35 PM
    We'll know soon enough, hopefully next Tuesday during the earnings call.
    06-17-15 02:55 PM
    Then please explain how and why, for example, my Toshiba keyboard tablet dock's touchpad does not work on Android-x86, but once I pass generic usb.quirks command with vendor/hardware ID to the kernel, it can utilize the touchpad but not with full functionality. The driver it's using isn't specifically built for it. Oh please explain, wise one.

Good try shifting the conversation, but what you said before about a driver not existing is a separate issue from booting Android. He may have Android fully working on his Passport with a usable touchscreen and keyboard backlight, but the touch capabilities of the PKB might not work.

If your PC is missing a driver for the NIC, is it just not going to boot?

I'm glad you have so much experience, that's very cool, but irrelevant.
    Firstly there no Android phones with a hybrid BlackBerry keyboard to have a similar driver to even try. If such a driver existed, it would raise some interesting questions: Who wrote it? Where did they get the hardware specs? Where did they get the functionality specs? Were they stolen? And of course why? Why bother? It would be a lot of work.

But the driver alone wouldn't be enough. You'd also need a keyboard app that knows how to interface with this nonexistent driver. That's more work.

I just don't see it. They'd be no point. I think your imagination has run off with the postman.

06-17-15 02:59 PM
    Firstly there no Android phones with a hybrid BlackBerry keyboard to have a similar driver to even try. If such a driver existed, it would raise some interesting questions: Who wrote it? Where did they get the hardware specs? Where did they get the functionality specs? Were they stolen? And of course why? Why bother? It would be a lot of work.

But the driver alone wouldn't be enough. You'd also need a keyboard app that knows how to interface with this nonexistent driver. That's more work.

I just don't see it. They'd be no point. I think your imagination has run off with the postman.
    Are you going to continue beating around the bush or answer my questions? You must be the worst driver coder ever; I suggest visiting Linux.org and learning a bit about generic keyboard drivers.

While you're at it, again, please answer my questions because they directly attack the stupid "proof" you provided in your first post.
    06-17-15 03:10 PM
    keyboard works on the android runtime why couldnt they make this work on a virtualized instance of the os?

and yeah the word proof being thrown around pretty hard in this thread
    06-17-15 03:18 PM
    Are you going to continue beating around the bush or answer my questions? You must be the worst driver coder ever; I suggest visiting Linux.org and learning a bit about generic keyboard drivers.

While you're at it, again, please answer my questions because they directly attack the stupid "proof" you provided in your first post.
    Linux drivers are not going to work on either Android or BB10 or anything other than Linux. Your question make no sense and I do not consider myself at your beck and call. If you're so sure it exits (perhaps from desperation) then go find it and report back. I'm done with your preposterous suppositions.

06-17-15 03:25 PM
    Linux drivers are not going to work on either Android or BB10 or anything other than Linux.
    Did I ever say they would? But, WTF do you think Android is based off of? I'm done here, you are stupid and steer conversations in unrelated directions when you know you're wrong.
    06-17-15 03:32 PM
    This is a nobrainer for me. I would not run Android on any device I own.
    And as long as BlackBerry doesn't force me to do so, I am with BB10.

If they go Android, then they have a hard time to convince me to stay.

And since a load of people think similar, all I expect is BlackBerry offering an option - but not planning a radical change.

My TwoCentsWorth

 Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-17-15 04:01 PM
    I really don't get it, Cobalts threads are so popular, and yet... oh well.

 Passport�
    06-17-15 04:07 PM
66 123